• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 620 Views, 2 Comments

Strange Reflections - No one is home



A mad scientist using displaced humans to create new pony life faces the monster she created.

  • ...
 2
 620

Dreadful Little Ponies - The Council of None

“Well, the bad news is Big Red Applewood’s not one of ours,” The dirt colored earth-pony snorted a line of dubiously yellowish powder from the table in front of him, “The good news, news is that we have really done a great job at accidentally infiltrating the pony mafia!”

“Please,” The changeling ringleader rolled her slitted pink eyes as she replied drolly, “Fetlock is causing more than enough problems in my command structure to make up for the number of moles she’s unknowingly implanting in her own.”

“I can’t believe she’s actually outright replacing living ponies now!” a mare that could be DJ Pon3, but wasn’t scowled angrilly.

“Oh come now, let’s not pretend like we didn’t all know what depravity these little ponies were capable of.” a great hollow voice rang out through the meeting room, as a broke animated crystal statue of a changeling levitated into the room, green tendrils of magic trailing from it’s missing lower torso like viscera.

“Geez!” The dirty stallion flinched a the sight of the Anomaly. “Can’t you warn somepony before you just float in like that!”

“You will show respect for the one true Nopony, miscreant!” A tiny Umbrum mare shouted angrily from for position on the fiends withers.

“Hey, I thought we agreed no minions and no hookers in these meetings!” The dirty stallion protested, drawing eye-rolls and looks of annoyance from his peers.

“Do you HAVE to be so juvenile?” The circus changeling replied, her voice dripping with scorn.

“Yes,” The earth pont answered cheerfully, “Yes I do.”

“Iam’s right, you know,” Would-be Vinyl Scratch said dully, “I mean, I’m not even allowed to bring in more than one of me. Shadefire’s not only not one of us, she’s actually from THIS world. You can’t just bring her into our meetings like this, especially now!”

“She DOES know we’re trying to destroy the world right?” The dirt colored stallion with eyes the color of dead salamon asked absently, “Because that’s really awkward to plan with someone who lives in said world SITTING RIGHT THERE ON YOUR SHOULDER!”

“Honestly?” The changeling queen pulled out a long cigarette, lighting it with her magic. “Is that still the plan? Because it’s getting dull, if we’re honest, and since Nopony’s little feud with the traitor has stripped us of our connection with the text…”

“Alias makes a good point,” the dirty little pony said with a smirk, “I DO like the fire works, but the plan was always that we wouldn’t be here when the show was over.”

“You short sighted fools!” Shadefire snapped, “Do you think there won’t be any world left after the Silver Sky falls? Just because none of YOU had the courage to stay behind to see what wonders would grow from the ashes?”

“Charlie did…” The pony who would be Vinyl mused thoughtfully.

“DO NOT SPEAK THAT TRAITOR’S NAME!” The abominable construct lashed out with a bolt of magic, knocking the white unicorn mare helplessly into the wall. “I have taken everything that he was! I have stolen his destiny! I am the Undestructable! I have waited a millenia on the moon, broken beyond repair! I have seen beyond the end! And I will see it again!”

“Yeah… sure big guy…” The dirty pony moved slowly to aid his fallen compatriot to he feet. “Come one Lee… we’re all the same page here… right? You promised that bitch, Fetlock she’d see the world burn. It’s cool.. We’re all on the same page…”

-=-=-=-=-

“He’s insane.” Alias hissed in a hushed whisper after the dire council had adjourned.

“Yeah, but what else is new?” Iam grinned lazily as he replied, “It makes sense… he got what ol’ Charlie had. He died, he came back from some freaky alter-ego timeline. Hell I’m him, you’re me, Legion is… I dunno, sulky and in crush with her pony-frankenstein maker?”

“Why are we still doing this?” Legion Scratch sat to the side, alone and dejected. “The pink step plague? The ‘Pink Sin’? We were on the verge of destroying ourselves… I never even liked my home. Sometimes I wish I’d just stepped in front of that train… maybe Charlie was right, maybe WE’RE the real plague.”

“Never forget dear,” Alias laid a hole-pocked hoof over the sad mare’s shoulder, “THEY did this… ultimately, it was ponies who made us.”