• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 1,724 Views, 7 Comments

The kind evolve: return - Blacklight Brony



Back in Equestria after 9 years, but he is not alone. The rest of evolve 2-1 follows with a new mission. Live life and be happy. Let’s just say, they took to that mission like a fish to water.

  • ...
6
 7
 1,724

Return

“This is ghost 1-1, do you copy task force 1-4-1?” I ask in to the warbird’s cockpit.

We were making a extraction run for task force 1-4-1 using a warbird for extracting and a humvee for covering fire. Even though we were in vehicles we still need weapons. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

My load out consisted of a 50 caliber bolt action Barrett with a 12x scope attached.

For mid range I had a M4A1 with an acog sight, a laser attachment, flashlight, and a pistol grip.

Lastly is my trusty side arm I’ve had for twenty-four years. My 1911.

Next was tank. Obviously he was our tank of the group. He had a spaz 12 with him.

Along with his eight to ten inch knife, he had a desert eagle.

Lastly was Zeus. His code name when he was in New York. Like me he had a M4A1 with a 1911. He was our commando. He was a quick thinker and it only amplified when he was running.

Together we make up evolve team. We were formed when we were first deployed in the field. I’m the teams CO, but not the original one. I’m a colonel while Zeus is a major and tank is a first lieutenant. Tank had to go through boot camp again. I was the first to finish and was a Private First Class when they entered the field.

Our battlefield was Pakistan, a country in the Middle East.

“We copy, ready for extraction.” The radio replied. I heard gun fire from the other end.

“Understood. Hold fire on humvee at six. I’ll come around with the warbird.” I told. Unpronounced to me, a RPG was aiming for me. For tank and Zeus they didn’t notice the IED hiding in the ground.

They where several meters away from me. As they drove over the IED it exploded, Startling me in the process.

“Humvee is down. I repeat, humvee is do-“ my sentence is cut off by a loud explosion behind me. The warbird spins out of control.

“I’m going down.” Was the last thing I said as I crashed and erupted into a ball of fire.

———————————————————————

(In Equestria)

In a town called ponyville, there is a anthropomorphic lavender unicorn having a picnic with her other friends. Their talking to one another about their day and such, but this unicorn is getting over the lose of her friend. His name was Conner and he was her best friend for fifteen years.

“Twilight.”

Will she see him again?

“Hay, Twilight.”

Will he still want to be friends with her?

“TWILIGHT!!!” A raspy female voice yelled.

“Ow, what Rainbow Dash?” The lavender unicorn, now known as Twilight, answered folding her ears down. She wore a purple short sleeve shirt, a black skirt and black shoes.

“Are you okay?” A cyan Pegasus, known as Rainbow Dash, asked. “You spaced off again.”

“I’m fine just wandering if somepony is safe.” Twilight sighed as she finished her sentence.

“I think it was for the better. He killed something. We could have been next.” Rainbow waved a hand around the picnic area at four other girls.

“I’ve known him for fifteen years. He was kind and generous. Plus one of those things killed his mother and father when he was four. He barley made it out of there alive. On top of that, he became what he is to day in order to survive a lethal attack.” The lavender unicorn glared angrily at the cyan Pegasus. She recoiled and put her arm down.

“Twi, it’s been nine months. He is gone.” An orange girl said sternly.

“I know Applejack. It’s just I miss him so much. He was my best friend for so long.” Tears welled up in her eyes.

Before anyone could reassure Twilight, a green and purple dragon ran up to her. “Princess Celestia sent a letter.” The unicorn moshed him to read. “Twilight sparkle and friends are here by invited to Shining Armor’s wedding in Canterlot where sead ponies will help set up the wedding.” Twilight’s look turned from sadness to shock.

“Who is Shining armor?” Asked a white girl with indigo hair.

“Shining Armor is my brother.” The rest let out a gasp.

Immediately after hearing that they shot away like a bullet to their homes.

After getting everything they needed for the wedding and they went of to the train station. They embarked the train and were off to Canterlot.

After leaving a gray metal object appeared in a flash of light. There was nothing inside that the curious occupants could tell. No one was in side, but they would leave it until it’s owner moves it. Which will take a while.

———————————————————————

My eyes flutter open painfully. I let out a tired groan. Standing up I look around to see a dense forest. Looking more around, I notice a familiar humvee behind me.

I look down seeing my M4A1 and Barrett 50 cal at my feet. I sling the sniper across my back and shoulder my M4A1. I turn on the acog, laser, and flashlight attachments to see if they work. They do and I turn them off.

Walking to the humvee I feel anxiety well up in my chest. What the hell. I don’t have a heart, so why do I have this overwhelming sense to run. It stops as I reached the door. Opening it, I’m introduced to two men in the front seat sleeping. I sigh going into drill sergeants mode.

“WAKE YOUR LAZY ASSES UP OR I’LL RIP YOUR DICK OFF AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. They woke up with a jolt, hit hitting their heads on the roof, causing me to smirk.

“Okay where are we?” Tank asked. I simply responded with a shrug of my shoulders.

“Over lord, this is ghost 1-1, so you copy?” Nothing. I step a way from the other two and entering a crouched position. Tendrils covered my legs as it shot me up into the air. Lookin in front of me, my eyes widen in shock and happiness. I... can’t believe it. I’m... back. Hitting the ground I see my pet woke up. “There is a city to the north of here. Surrounded by a bubble. Can’t miss it.” It earned odd looks from the other two. Shrugging they enter the humvee. I bend down and scratched my dog’s head. “We’re back, buddy. Back home.” I enter the humvee and take position on the mounded gun. We drive off in the direction of the city. The city where I grew up. Canterlot.