• Published 31st Dec 2017
  • 10,204 Views, 67 Comments

Rainboom Mutant Apocalypse - Wildcard25



In a desolate alternate future, Raph, Donnie, and the Rainbooms fight to survive in a wasteland of mutants

  • ...
6
 67
 10,204

Cavern of Gems

As Raph drove through the endless wasteland, Sunset Shimmer who docked her ride inside the vehicle was in the passengers seat checking out the ride, "Love what you've done with the Shellraiser." she told the brothers.

"With all that's happened we had to adapt and re-modify it." Donnie explained.

"Problem is we have little to no sources of finding fuel." Raph explained.

"Oh, I hear ya," Sunset agreed, "It's hard to find places to find fuel for my ride too."

"And with us down to two barrels who knows when we'll find anymore." Donnie put in.

"We'll just have to hope for the best right?" Sunset asked Raph.

"Easier said than done." the big turtle replied.

Sunset could only look at Raph in concern. She knew the events of the mutagen bomb would changed people, but seeing Raph in this state was just hard to watch. Suddenly she saw her necklace started flickering, "Hey, what's this? Guys, something's up with my necklace!"

The brothers looked at it, as Donnie spoke, "What's going on with it?"

"I don't know it's never really done this before," Sunset answered, until she began pondering when an idea popped in, "Oh my gosh. Guys, I think it's trying to tell me something."

"Tell you what?" Raph asked.

She gasped, "I think it's trying to tell me the girls are alive."

"What?" Donnie gasped.

"Seriously?" Raph asked in disbelief.

"I know it's crazy, but it might be possible," she held it in the left direction as it flickered fast, "The signal is strongest in this direction. Raph, we have to go left."

"Forget it," Raph denied, "I'm not going to chance anything just because your necklace is glowing. And besides I'm the captain here so I make the calls."

Sunset frowned, "Would you say that if there was a chance Mikey or Leo would be alive?" Raph flinched, "You care about your brothers, I know it. Well, I care about my friends. I don't know how much you remember but we were all there for each other good and bad times. And now you wanna dishonor our friendship? You truly have lost your way."

Raph groaned, "All right, enough with the guilt trip! We'll go. But don't say I didn't warn you."

"Thank you" Sunset smiled, as Raph took a left.


They drove, while Sunset kept looking at her necklace to see what direction was giving off the strongest signature. As they drove around a canyon, Sunset saw her necklace was flickering like crazy, "We're close. Just up ahead."

They looked ahead and saw a cave. Raph pulled over and spoke, "In there?"

"That's where the signals coming from." Sunset noted.

"Who would be living in there?" Donnie asked.

"That's what we're going to find out. Coming?" Sunset asked Raph.

"Right behind ya." Raph grabbed a blaster, and the brothers followed Sunset out of the vehicle.

The woman held out her robot arm which projected a light for them to use. She led the way inside, as they walked through the damp cave. Donnie looked all around, "Fascinating. I wonder how far this cave goes?"

"Hopefully we won't have to go far." Raph replied.

"Guys, look up ahead." Sunset motioned ahead.

The two looked seeing something shining up ahead, "What's that shiny glow?" Donnie asked.

"One way to find out." Raph said, as they proceeded forward.

They followed the glow before entering a cavern where the walls and ceiling were decorated in gems and diamonds, "Whoa," they gasped, "So beautiful." Sunset marveled.

"By Darwin's beard, this is a lot of gems." Donnie gasped.

"Yeah, but a lot of good they're worth in this dead world." Raph replied.

Sunset looked at her flickering necklace, "Guys, whoever we're looking for is here." they suddenly saw a shadow hanging above them. They looked up and saw someone in a cloak decorated in gems drop down on Raph clinging to his shell.

"Ah! Get it off!" he tried grabbing the perpetrator before throwing it off.

The figure landed on its feet and growled, "Trespassers. Come to steal my gems. Me no like it when others steal my gems." it spoke in a female voice that sounded crazy.

"Easy, we're not here to steal your gems," Donnie calmed the figure, "We're looking for someone."

"Nobody here but me!"

"Well, that's a bust." Raph grumbled.

"Wait a minute," Sunset began, as she inched closer to the figure who whipped out a familiar sickle weapon, "Oh, my gosh. Rarity?"

"Huh?" Raph and Donnie gasped.

The figure removed their hood to reveal it was Rarity looking all messy with her hair no longer neat and curly but unkempt, "Me don't know any Rarity." she answered.

"What happened to her?" Donnie asked in shock.

"Look like she lost her mind, literally." Raph answered.

"Rarity, it's me, Sunset Shimmer."

"Sunset... Shimmer?" she asked.

"That's right. See? Donnie and Raph are here too. We're friends."

"Friends?" Rarity asked, before shaking her head, "No! Have no friends! Only gems!"

"What do we do with her?" Donnie asked.

"Jog her memories with a pounding?" Raph suggested while punching his fists.

"No, Raph!" Sunset blocked him, "Rarity is somewhere in there. I can reach her," she gently approached the girl who was nervously holding her sickle out, "You're name is Rarity. When we were teens you were always the most generous person I could ever know. You made us all the most fabulous outfits for so many special events."

"Us?"

"Yes, me. Twilight. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie. Our friends. Remember, Rarity! Remember your friends!" Sunset pleaded.

Her words echoed in Rarity's mind, as she started seeing flashbacks of her time at CHS with the Rainbooms, hanging out at Sugarcube Corner, the mall, outside the school, jamming in their band, and doing all sorts of fun stuff. Then she started seeing flashes of her ninja training in New York with the turtles and Master Splinter. Suddenly she gasped and looked around, "I-I remember. I remember everything! Sunset!" she embraced her old friend.

"Rarity, you're back!" Sunset returned the hug.

"I can't believe I forgot about you. And about our friends." she said in guilt.

"It's ok, Rarity. What matters is you remember again."

"Hey, Rarity." Donnie greeted.

"Raphael! Donatello!" she cheered, before getting a good look at Raph, "Ugh, nothing personal, Raphael, but you look terrible."

"Well, you don't look like a basket of fruit yourself." Raph replied with a scowl.

Rarity looked at Donatello, "Donnie, what happened to you?"

"It's a long story, but tell us, Rarity. What do you remember?" he asked.

"I remember the mutagen explosion. We all were lost. I wandered this wasteland until I found this cave. I made it my home, but after so many years without contact with anyone I started losing my humanity until I was just a gem obsessed lunatic."

"Like you weren't already?" Raph quipped.

Rarity huffed, "Always with the smart remark, Raph... I actually missed that."

"Well, it's good to see you survived after all this time, Rarity." Sunset said in relief.

"Same to you," Rarity noticed the robot arm, "Why do you have Fugitoid's arm?" Sunset only looked away sadly, "Oh, dear. I'm so sorry, Sunset."

"Yeah. Me too." the friends embraced again for comfort.

"But how did you know to come here?" the fashionable one asked.

"My necklace led us to you," Sunset explained, "Because they're connected like our friendship."

"Wonderful! Have you seen any of the others?"

"Not since we ran into Sunset earlier today." Raph answered.

"What about Leo and Mikey?"

"Raph thinks they're gone." Sunset answered.

"Oh, dear." Rarity gasped.

"But at least we found you." Donnie noted.

"Rarity, you can't stay here anymore in isolation," Sunset warned her, "Come with us. We may not know where we're going, but at least none of us will be alone."

"Oh, I guess you're right. But I'll miss all my gems." she sighed.

"Well, unless we find more fuel we won't be going far forever." Raph reminded them.

"Fuel?" Rarity asked before gasping, "That's right! Everyone, come with me. There's something I need to show you."

So they followed Rarity further into the cavern, until they happened across a giant bubbling lake, "Water? Oh, sweet." Raph said, only for Donnie to stop him.

"Raph, that ain't water."

Raph looked closer, and gasped, "Oil? Even sweeter!"

"There's enough oil here to keep our ride going for months." Sunset noted.

"Good job, Rarity," Raph commended, "Let's grab the barrels and restock."


So the four worked hard filling up many of the barrels in the truck so they would have enough fuel to last. As they started restocking the truck, Rarity came out of the cave with her hair curled back up, but continued to wear her tattered savage clothing minus the cloak, "There, my hair is perfect once again."

"Like you need to worry about looks in a place like this?" Raph asked rhetorically.

"You can never be too prepared," Rarity replied, "And I managed to grab a sack full of gems, just in case we need to do any trading."

"Right. Well come on, let's get back on the road." they finished loading the truck and drove off. Rarity spoke to Sunset, "Do you think any of the others are alive?"

"It's a slim chance, Rarity. I found you by luck, but if our friends are out there our necklaces will let us know."

"Right. We just have to have faith." Rarity said, as the girls smiled, while Raph sighed wishing he could have faith like them.