• Published 10th Dec 2017
  • 790 Views, 20 Comments

Lightning's Bizarre Adventure - Lightningflash101



What doesn't kill you, gives you a Stand. Especially if your in a new transfer student to Canterlot High.

  • ...
7
 20
 790

Chapter 19: The Pillar of Oil

"We have to go up that?!" the masked man questioned

The pillar ahead towered over the tree of us. It was obvious that there was nothing to grab onto just by looking at it. Let alone let us climb it.

"This is gotta be some kind of a sick joke." I claimed, sliding my hand across the pillar, "How are we even supposed to climb this? Besides it flowing oil down, it's smoother marble furniture. There's no way for any of us to get a good grip on it."

"Maybe you should tell him that." the masked man stated, pointing out to the Italian man.

When I looked he had somehow was already about 20 feet up. Slowly working his way up with only his bare hands. How is he doing it? There Must be some sort of trick he's using to get that high up already.

"Come on kid, " the masked man said, jumping onto the pillar "we can't let Caesar get ahead of us like this."

But unlike the man ahead of us, he only slid back down into the oil. There definitely something we're missing here. But what? Does it have to do with hamon? If it does, how do I get it to work?

"Jojo! Lightning!" Caesar called out, looking down at us "The longer it takes, the harder it gets! Hurry up and-!"

He was just about to finish his sentence when he suddenly slid down a few feet. Refocussing on the task at hand. He must have been keeping consideration on what he's doing. He wouldn't have fallen otherwise. Even talking will break focus.

"This is ridiculous!" Jojo shouted angerly, lashing out on the oil and pillar "I just got here! She knows I don't have the power to climb this bloody Pillar!"

"You this you're in a bad situation!" I retorted, turning to face him, "I don't have a clue on what's going on! And she expects me to get up there too!"

"Damn her for tossing us down like that! She lost all respect I have for her!"

At that moment, Jojo had taken the overcoat he was wearing, revealing a sports top underneath, and began ripping it in half. Working the fabric into a makeshift robe and wrapping it around the pillar its self.

"A lot of Trainees died taking this test Right?" he asked, wrapping his wrists to tighten his grip on the pillar, "Are you sure they weren't too stupid?"

Now with a way to go up, Jojo began to climb up the pillar. He's smart I'll give him that. But didn't Lisa Lisa say the only way up is with hamon?

He had made it about 10 feet before there was a flash of light. Suddenly the rope was cut in two, making Jojo fall back into the pool of oil with a splash. He soon quickly resurfaced with a gasp. What happened? What cut the rope just now? Was it the pillar?

No... There wasn't anything on the pillar that could cut anything... Then what did?

I turned to see that there was a knife impeeded deep into the wall behind me.

"Using anything but hamon is an insult to the pillar!" The voice of Lisa Lisa called out, "Hell Climb Pillar loves hamon and rejects all else! Never forget that!"

Did she just the rope with a throwing knife?! She must be watching on top. Making sure none of us cheat. This is getting more complicated as time goes on. But when I looked up, Lisa Lisa was about to just walk away.

"H-hay wait a minute!" I called out, "Y-you not just gonna leave us in here to die, Right? I don't have a clue how to use hamon!"

"It's my first day here," Jojo confessed, "so I don't have a lot of power to climb up this thing. This is just a test to get us fired up. You'll pull us out, right?"

Lisa Lisa gave no response. She only looked down at us with a cold expression. It didn't show any sights a care or enlargement of our words. Then just turned and walked away. Leaving us alone.

"She... She really is going to let us die." I gulped, "What are we going to do?! I'm too young to die!"

"Blast it all..." Jojo growled, clenching a gest on the pillar, "Who does she think she is?! Her being cute is making me more pissed off!"


28 hours later


Jojo and I have made no progress on climbing this pillar. Ceaser is about 50 feet up now. I still can't wrap my head on how he's even able to go up at all. Despite being the only one to make progress, he's starting to look tired.

"Should we be worried?" I asked watching "What if he falls down?"

Jojo didn't respond. He just continued watching Ceaser climb. It's amazing really. Everytime he about to climb up, he always seems to ready to fall down. How does he do it? Something is making him cling on.

"I got it!" Jojo suddenly gasped

"What is it?" I questioned, looking at him

He took a deep breath, the sound of electricity coming out of nowhere, before jumping onto the pillar. This time, he actually stuck on! He actually figured it out! And he was going to leave me in the dust!!

By watching a demonstration from a hamon user, you have learned the skill "hamon charge".
"Hamon Charge" lv. Max.-- By using the skill, a hamon user can charge their bodies with either positive or negative hamon energy to perform various tasks. The energy can be dispersed from any part of the body. Even their fingertips!

I felt the screens appear as I was watching Jojo began his climb up. Upon reading them, I quickly focused my attention back to Jojo. That's what the two are doing!

By charging hamon, they can stick themselves onto the oiled pillar and climb up. It makes so much sense now. How did something so simple evade me for a little over a day? Now to just follow their lead

"Cocky bastard!" I called out, ready to jump " don't think you're so clever!"

I can already feel it. The energy from my first burst of hamon. Its like I'm being filled with life itself. The sound from earlier filling the room slightly.

"Talk all you want kid!" he replied, slowly making more progress, "I'm getting out of here and torturing that woman!"

With a single jump, I planted myself onto the pillar. Then... I did it! The energy was clinging onto the oil! It's strange. I should feel some sort of shock, but I'm not. Its like I'm using a stand to grab on. With just my fingertips too!

"Race ya to the top, Jojo!" I declared while quickly working my way up. Already reaching to his hight of 10 feet.


TO BE CONTINUED