• Published 8th May 2018
  • 942 Views, 7 Comments

Lapis comes to town - Dudofall



Lapis arrives in town. The denizens of Equus welcome her as best they can. Discord is amused.

  • ...
2
 7
 942

Chapter 1

Lapis soared into space on aqueous wings, carrying a barn with her in a hemisphere of water. A single tear ran down the left side of her face. It froze in the inky dark depths of space. There was no sound.

"Alright, let's just get this over with," a tricky voice said.

Lapis gasped. "What?! Who are you?" The speaker revealed himself to be Discord.

"Okay, but not everybody knows what I look like," he said, seemingly addressing the vacuum.

"How could I not know what you look like?" Lapis asked rhetorically. "You don't see many creatures with brown bodies, gray heads, yellow eyes with red pupils, and mismatched limbs in the depths of space! How can you even breath?"

Discord shrugged, snapped his fingers, and was wearing a spacesuit in the blink of an eye. "Better?" he asked. Lapis threw the barn at him. "How rude!" Discord shouted from inside the helmet. With another snap of the fingers, he disappeared, taking Lapis and the barn with him.

The blue humanoid lost her balance, and who could blame her? She'd left a zero gravity environment with no chance to prepare herself for this sudden change. "Wha-where am I?" she asked.

Discord shrugged, then turned into a question mark on her shoulder. "It's not my job to explain everything," he said, bouncing, "I'm just supposed to take you here and be done with it. You'll know when it's time for me to send you back, so here's a token." With flash, Discord was standing in front of Lapis. He passed her a golden bishop.

"Wait! I have so many questions! This is the worst time for me to be anywhere else!"

"Peace," Discord said, and he spun into a tasmanian devil-style tornado before vanishing with a flash. Lapis shouted and stamped her foot. She then took a moment to look around. She was standing on the outskirts of some sort of village. There was snow on the ground, a mountain in the distance, and an imposing set of wooden walls surrounding said town.

Lapis came to a realization. "Wait, where is it?!" She summoned her wings and took to the air, frantically searching for something. On top of the mountain, she finally landed next to a large dome. A post-it note had hastily been placed on it, with loopy handwriting that said she would know when she was ready to reenter the barn. With a heavy sigh, (after testing the barrier with the hefty amount of water that was still inside, surrounding the barn) the ocean gem glided to the village.

Yakyakistan was the name of the village. Their prince, an orange yak by the name of Rutherford, welcomed her cautiously. "Since yaks became friends with ponies, yaks want to be friends with everyone! Yaks never seen Lazulis before..."

"Look, I don't want to be here. If you give me a place to stay, I'll protect your village. Just leave me alone unless there's trouble." She figured it would be a decent place to exist and reflect.

The yak conferred with his advisors. "What kind of protection can fragile Lazuli give?" Lapis glared at him. She then picked up some snow and melted it in her hands. "All yaks can hold snow. What is the point of this?" When she had a fair amount of water, Lapis formed a few ice spears. She let them hover menacingly around her person. The yaks got the message. "Yaks make new house just for lazuli!" And with that, Lapis Lazuli found herself living in Yakyakistan.