• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 581 Views, 0 Comments

Rise of A New Sun - Silence



This story follows a mare through her hardships as she lives in a post-apocalyptic Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 581

Before the Dawn

“So, is this the kind of behavior that was repeated through the entirety of his participation in the games?” The doctor asked, his soothing voice slowly whisking her back to reality. She nodded in approval and he took a little note of her action. He then smiled and asked her if she would explain the beginning of the rebellion. Ren’s violet eyes began to slip back into a state of remembrance, delving deep into the catacombs of her mind.

*****

The crowd was cheering his name, their voices beginning to unify and chanting for Snow as he stood, blood dripping from the cuts he had received during his battle. He raised his hoof in a show of prevalence and they became louder, emotion filling the air. He flashed his ever popular smile to the crowd and was handed a microphone upon silent request. The crowd grew deathly quiet upon the action of him raising a hoof. He brought the microphone to his mouth and spoke to them in a very passionate and powerful voice.

“Rise my brothers and sisters! We shall not stand by and watch as the military and the Princesses tyrannically control and dictate the land that is rightfully ours! We will launch an attack at the very ones who are trying to manipulate us and seize power over this place! This military thinks that they can just go roaming around hungrily controlling the land of us civilians because they feel they are entitled to it! We shall construct an army of our own and we will show these pigs that we are not just rats in a lab that will do whatever they want! Join me and we will show these demons that they cannot just parade through our land and take what they want! We built this land with our own blood, sweat, tears, and upon the backs and roads that many of our fallen comrades have paved for us. Will we just stand by while these… these hell-spawn, come through and reap the rewards of our efforts? Will we just let our fallen brothers' and sisters' deaths have been all for naught? No! We shall rise up and come at them with the power the Goddess has given us. This is a more than just a rebellion my brothers and sister! Oh, it is much more than that! This is a test of our will and our strength! This is a test of our power and spirit! This is the dawn of a new day; this is the rise of a new sun!”

The crowd was unimaginably silent after those words. The raw emotion and pure life that Snow had put into that speech hung in the air and infected the minds of the crowd members like the flu. It spread so quickly and gripped the hearts of so many of those who were standing by and observing what was once a game. He had brain-washed them with those words, the elegance of his deceit was beautiful. The twinges of truth that were thrown in were like spices in a secret recipe. They added that flavor, that extra push into its substance. He had the entire crowd wrapped around his hoof and was free to manipulate and use them as he pleased. They then began to yell and scream violently, grabbing all sorts of items that were around them and raising them as a form of chaos or anarchy. He dropped the microphone and tore out of the building, yelling loudly and leading them to an abandoned warehouse far from the outskirts of Ponyville. It was here that they trained and raised their army of blood-thirsty minions to do their bidding.

Months passed before anypony made a move. Thing tension in the air around Ponyville had seemed to be increasing as subtle differences in clothing or actions seemed to begin to denote the specific groups. Most of the rebellious ponies had begun to start wearing black gloves on their hooves. Those who were leaning towards helping the Princesses, more commonly just known amongst them as the Resistance, wore a red band tied around their heads. This seemed to signify the blood that they would shed for the honor of the Princesses and military. The black on the Resistance gloves symbolized the new moon, a sign of a new cycle. As the tensions rose, people began to prepare for the inevitable. Gunsmiths were now given large orders for rifles and handguns and blacksmiths were given orders for helmets, bullets, and body armor, as well as dagger attachments and such. An organized wave of chaos flooded the bowl of land that was Equestria. The pace was picking up and sure enough, all it took was a little extra drop of water and that bowl tipped, sending a flood of chaos and hellacious destruction throughout Equestria.