• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 1,816 Views, 18 Comments

Just Wanted to Say Thank You - PirateCattheShipper



A Thanksgiving tale about Tempest and Twilight, and another side about Trixie and Starlight. Short, sweet, and romantic. Happy Thanksgiving, everypony.

  • ...
1
 18
 1,816

Fizzlepop x Twilight

Bright, colorful fall leaves swayed to the rhythm of the wind and the dirt paths of ponyville were dotted with said leaves. A happy, loving aura was settled over the small town of Ponyville (and all of Equestria), as today was it. Thanksgiving.

Princess Twilight's soft purple fur glittered in the morning sun. Though it's heat was hard to feel, the love burning inside of her kept her as warm as she had to be-even if it was rather cold outside. She stood on the steps to her front castle doors, her heart beating a twinge faster than usual. She was excited but nervous all at once, which was something her good friend Pinkie Pie would call "nervouscited."

The purple princess blinked her sparkling violet eyes affectionately at the dark, maroon-coated mare that walked-finally-elegantly yet awkwardly up the steps, blushing as her and Twilight locked eyes.

"Sorry I'm a bit late." The mare said, pushing back her red mane with a hoof. Her fur was bristling a little, and she could feel her heart fluttering like a trapped butterfly in her chest. This was her first Thanksgiving since she had been a filly, and now she was spending it with none other than the Princess of Friendship. Who wouldn't be, at least, a little bit nervous?

Twilight emitted a small giggle, as she did so covering her mouth with a hoof before settling it on her friend's shoulder.

"It's okay, Fizzlepop. Even I'm late sometimes!" The princess made an "eheheh" sort of laugh at what she had said.

Fizzlepop scratched the back of her neck with a hoof, laughing awkwardly. "So, are we staying in your castle?" She'd much rather be staying in Twilight's castle; she was unsure of how ponies would react to them spending time together, and also how they'd react to Fizzlepop herself-or, Tempest, as they knew her.

"Yes. Why, would you like to go out?" Twilight raised a hoof and then put it back down after a few heartbeats. Her face then lit up red as she realized how she'd worded her sentence.

"I-I mean, go outside of the castle-"

"I know." Fizzlepop giggled, stepping past Twilight and pushing open the doors to her castle.

The broad Unicorn suddenly felt very, very small as she stared up, daunted, at how high the Princess' castle's ceiling went. They reached up, taller then giraffes, and the hallways snaked in all different directions, doors everywhere. It was quite overwhelming, and the maroon Unicorn gulped as she scanned her surroundings.

"Quite daunting, isn't it?" Twilight's voice nearly startled the awe-struck turned-villain.

Fizzlepop closed her gaping jaws and watched the Princess as she trotted in front and brought them to the kitchen. In all honesty, Fizzlepop was relatively surprised at how small it was; it was like the size of a kitchen in a full house. There was a large, simple, wooden table in the center, and pans that hung from hooks on the kitchen's beams. It smelled of some really good stuff, and that "stuff" made Twilight's guest's jaws water with "food-lust." There was a band of cabinets and a couple ovens that, all in a counter, wrapped around the perimeter of the kitchen. On all sides but where you entered, of course. And there was a strangely large amount of teacups. . .

"Neat, huh?" Twilight said, smiling. Fizzlepop admired the Alicorn's pearly white teeth and clean-smelling fur, that also smelled kinda like books. Her hair was smooth and the Unicorn longed to feel it. Her smile was just so cute and her eyes sparkled like the stars on her Cutie Mark.

"Mhm!" Fizzlepop said warmly. "I don't really mind what we eat," so long as I get to spend time with you. She bit the somewhat flirtatious words back.

"Me neither." Twilight looked up thoughtfully, placing a hoof on her chin. "Hmmm. . ."

"Do you just wanna hang out?" Fizzlepop blurted out, lowering her ears afterword. I said that a little too fierce. . .

"Yeah! Anything's fine by me." Twilight smiled at her friend before guiding her to the lounge room. Well, one of them.

Fizzlepop smiled widely, pricking her ears, as she tagged after Twilight. She was especially happy she didn't have to find her way herself, since the castle was so big and tall and wide. . .

"Here it is!" Twilight exclaimed cheerfully, opening the door and trotting inside, holding it open with her magic for her friend.

Fizzlepop said thank you fondly before stepping inside and examining her surroundings as Twilight shut the door. There were two comfy-looking, green couches lounging toward the righthoof side of the room, and a couple shelves by the couches filled with books. There was a wool carpet stretching across most of the floor, and a small round table with a lamp beside a single-pony couch to the lefthoof side.

A spark of hope ignited in Twilight's chest as Fizzlepop sat down in one of the couches,-a three pony couch-and the one she sat in happened to be closest to the books. Elatedly, Twilight slid onto the couch, a little bit close to her friend but not close enough to cause tension.

"So, uhm, do you wanna hear a Thanksgiving story. . .?" Twilight used her aura of purple magic to draw over to them a brown book, labeled HOLIDAY TAILS.

The broken-horned mare smiled weakly. "Only if you want to." She said curtly, her ears set back a small amount. She had been hoping for something more like cuddling and talking. . .She hadn't really known how much Twilight LOVED books. Biting her tongue, Fizzlepop's heartbeat escalated as she pressed closer against Twilight, her mind racing. Twilight could react in so many different ways, and almost immediately Fizzlepop felt regret stirr in her belly. She couldn't tell if she'd rather still be longing to feel Twilight's fur against hers.

The violet and pink haired Alicorn looked, her mouth open, forming a small o, at her guest. Her eyes glittered and a barely noticeable amount of pink was blended into her cheeks. She moved in a little closer to Fizzlepop, feeling tension but peace settle in her stomach.

Both mare's fur bristled a small bit, and a silently crackling tension hung in the air, yet they both relished in each other's company. Made the best of what was going on.

Tranquilly, Twilight Sparkle whisked the book to before her eyes, leaving a little room for her friend to see it too, and started reading. For the first few paragraphs, Fizzlepop listened, but then she got lost in Twilight's voice. The way she read with emotion and dedication, how she voiced different characters in funny but accurate voices. How her ears swiveled back when a character was sad or really happy.

Soon enough, both of their eyes were glazed over. Twilight was sucked into the book she was reading, acting it out so perfectly, and Fizzlepop was lost in the Princess' voice and comfort. Eventually, Fizzlepop fell asleep, leaning heavily into Twilight.

"So, how is it so far, huh??" There was a huge smile on Twilight's face, as if she'd just gotten a lot of new books for her birthday.

When there was no response, Twilight looked down at the peaceful Unicorn passed out on her shoulder. She had her jaws parted very, very slightly and her eyes were closed so that they looked like two stretched out us. She breathed softly, her flanks rising and falling rhythmically. Her peace alone soothed Twilight, and the Alicorn pressed her muzzle against her friend's head.

She looks so cute. . . Twilight couldn't help the fondness that flooded in her. Gently, she lifted her muzzle from her friend's head.

Fizzlepop's icy blue eyes blinked open and stared up innocently at Twilight. "D-Did you just. . ." She paused to look down, then looked back up, her brow furrowed the slightest bit, "kiss me?"

"Mmm. . ." Twilight looked up thoughtfully, then looked back at Fizzlepop. "No, I just put my muzzle on your head. You just looked. . . ." She bit her lip and blushed. "really cute."

Fizzlepop's eyes widened and her ears pricked, before her ears drooped and so did her gaze. Her maroon cheeks lit to red and she smiled more than she wanted to, causing her to bite her lip, despite the slight pain it brought fourth.

Twilight looked deep into her friend's eyes, and Fizzlepop, eventually, did the same. They held one another's gaze for a good while, before leaning in and kissing softly on the lips.

"So, would you like to go eat something? My kitchen's full." Twilight smiled, one side of her lip higher than the other. Her expression was really sweet, and Fizzlepop smiled, nodding.