• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 436 Views, 3 Comments

Dreams of Thunder - ElectroPHX228



As the Knight of Ashton City, I solemnly swear to protect this realm from the dangers of Hades and beyond, even if it means being thrown into a world of technicolored miniature horses.

  • ...
 3
 436

Thunder: I'm Just a Young Gun Havin' Fun

My name is Christopher Anthony, and I’m the protector of this city. A year ago I was chosen by the amulet of a powerful wizard named Akhem. In being chosen I went through a series of trials to test my worthiness, but by succeeding I gained two new companions. Arael the Angel of Dreams, Hope, and Mercy. And Kaimon the Demon of Storms, Despair, and Penalty. Who were tricked by a Goddess of Strife, and were cursed to be trapped in the mortal realm within a single body. It’s my job to track down the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse before it’s too late. As the Knight of Ashton City, I solemnly swear to protect this realm from the dangers of Hades and beyond, If my name isn’t...

Thunderstruck


Episode 1

I’m Just a Young Gun Havin’ Fun


Christopher’s POV

Quickly running up the steps of the convention center. I was so excited. <You know, I don’t understand why you humans get so excited about stuff like this> That was Kaimon, the demon of Storms, also one of the spirits of judgment currently living in my head. “Because it’s Fun Kai. It’s a good way to lose yourself and escape reality without the harms of drugs or alcohol,” I responded ~Oh, I’m so excited! I’ve never been to one of these ‘conventions’ before. It’s always been ‘guard the Four Horsemen’ or ‘Decide which souls go to Heaven or Hell’ or getting chained to the mortal realm inside the body of a human with this lugnut~ That was Arael, the angel of Dreams, and the other spirit of judgement living inside my melon of knowledge. <Oi! I am NOT a lugnut you cloud hugger!> Kai shouted angrily.

“Can’t the two of y’all just behave for once? Honestly, it’s like having two kids arguing rather than two knights of Hades!” I was frustrated, so I decided to take my headphones off before hanging them around my neck. “Let me guess, they were arguing again?” I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around before a familiar face greeted me with a smile. “Yeah, sorry Lynn. These two just don’t ever shut up,” I said before receiving an angry shout from the two.

“So… where’s Braden?” I asked before someone else joined us. “Nevermind. Hey man, glad that you could join us,” I said as we greeted each other. We decided to head on inside before the lines got too crazy. After walking around for awhile, we decided to ask someone if they knew where the Supernatural panel was since that was the main reason we came in the first place.

I mean Fall Break only lasts for so long as the coaches are giving us a few days off. Luckily there was someone at a nearby stand. “Excuse me, ma’am? Um, I was wondering if you knew where the Supernatural panel was?” I asked her, grabbing her attention from a book that she was reading. “Oh, indeed I do. It’s on the other side of the convention center,” She said pointing in the general direction. “Thanks, also that’s a nice costume.” I waved goodbye before regrouping with my friends.

“So, did she tell you where the panel is?” Braden asked. “Eeyup, it’s just over yonder in that there direction,” I replied jabbing my thumb to show them where we needed to go. “Ok, cool. Well then, what’re we waiting for? Let’s Go!” Lynn said happily before leaving. We continued exploring the convention as we made our way towards the panel. I decided to put my headphones back on, normally I wouldn’t do this when friends are around but it was the only way to drown out the two spirits in my head, plus I really like music. <I honestly like your music taste. It was a lot better than the bloke we were inhabiting before,> Kai added ~What!? I loved his music, it was elegant and emotional. Not too rowdy or angry,~ Arael countered I just facepalmed and sighed as they began to go another tangent with each other. Lynn must’ve noticed my distress as she put her arm around me and pulled me in.

“*sigh* Thank you, Lynn, what would I ever do without you?” I said jokingly lifting my spirits up just a small bit. “Be completely and utterly lost,” she teased. I just chuckled at her response. We continued walking while held in each other’s arms. We were stopped when a kid dressed up as me ran by. Well me in my other form that is. “That’s so cute,” Lynn gushed as the kid and his friends ran by. “It’s kinda funny seeing how it’s you that they’re dressed up as,” Lynn teased causing Braden to laugh. <I honestly forgot he was there.> I swear I could almost see him casually reading a book or something. Nevermind that’s exactly what I see. Sitting in a chair is the demon himself, just casually reading a book, <Ello Chris. Just figured it’d be fun to be out here instead of in there you know,> Kai taunted. He was fairly average height Brit with a beard and electric blue eyes. Of course, he had a pair of dark crimson leather wings and was wearing a sort of black business suit with a tie. I sighed, “You know what, I don’t care anymore. Just don’t wreak havoc and don’t wander off,” I said in frustration <Aye aye Captain,> Kai then saluted and vanished.

I knew he couldn’t have gone far since he’s tethered to me plus he can’t do very much either. He’s just a free-form, like a ghost almost. It takes a lot of concentration to do anything in that state. I let him do his thing while we continued onward. ~So where’s Kaimon going?~ I looked to my left to see Arael observing someone’s stand off to the side. She’s a tall Italian ginger with silver-grey eyes. She had a medium sized pair of pearl white feathered wings, a white sweater, and blue jeans.

“He’s roaming around the area. Whether or not you want to keep an eye on him, just go ahead, I ain’t stoppin ya,” I said without a care, the sooner I got rid of them the better. ~Ok, thank you Christopher,~ Arael said before vanishing. “Oh thank Jesus. They’re gone. Finally some peace and quiet.” “Hey, Chris?” “What!” I snapped before quickly realizing my mistake. “Sorry Braden, it’s just… those two just…” “Yeah man, I understand. Your stressed, I get that. I just wanted to let you know that your amulet’s having a spaz attack,” Braden pointed out.

I looked down to spot my amulet glowing erratically. “Huh weird…” my first instinct was to point it in random directions to get any reactions from it. And low and behold, it would begin to steady itself when I pointed it to my right. “I think it wants us to follow it,” Lynn said looking in the same direction I was. “I think you’re right,” I replied before ushering both of them to follow. With the guide of my amulet, we quickly made our way between the many stalls and people who had come for ComiCon. Almost as sudden as it was, the amulet instantly shut off as we approached a small white tent.

“I don’t know Chris, seems fishy don’t ya think?” Lynn questioned as we looked around us. “I’d have to agree with her man, it’s pretty sketchy. But who knows, might be selling free candy,” Braden teased. “Ha ha, very funny. I honestly don’t think someones gonna roll in and set up a tent that screams pedo-van driver. ‘Hey kids, you want some free candy?’” I joked getting a few laughs from them. “Yeah… you’re right, but you never know…” I just laughed before walking inside.

“What the hell!?” I exclaimed when I entered the relatively small tent. “It’s like a TARDIS in here!” My jaw dropped when the tent practically just went from the small little thing into the size of a GameStop. “Woah! Dude, am I dreaming?” Braden asked. “I don’t think we are,” Lynn said inspecting a nearby wall covered in a multitude of props. We just kept looking around the small shop until the sound of something caught our attention. We spotted what appeared to be someone dressed as the Merchant from Resident Evil 4, he was also carrying something before he too spotted us.

“Hello, there children. Could I help you look for something in particular? You know, something to complete your costumes?” The Merchant offered. “No thank you sir, but we aren’t exactly wearing any costumes,” Braden answered gesturing to his apparel. “Oh, well then. Why don’t you look around, find something that you might like,” said the Merchant before he continued whatever it was doing before. I turned around before practically jumping a few feet. <Ello Chris. Mind telling me why we were summoned here?> Kai asked in annoyance ~I’m pretty sure he has a good reason for this Kaimon. You do have a good reason, right?~ Arael defended.

“Would you be satisfied if I told you that I didn’t summon you what so ever?” I asked nervously. Kai was about to respond but was interrupted. “Excuse me sir and madam but are you this boy’s parents?” The Merchant asked them. ~Yes, we are Christopher’s guardians,~ Arael responded, earning a nod from him. I just went along with it. Lynn and Braden joined in though they looked very confused. “Hey, who’s he talking to?” Lynn whispered “Kai and Arael,” I whispered back. “Oh. Wait, how?” “Well since they’re tethered to me, no one can really see them like I can, at least not unless they have really powerful, magic…” I trailed off as I finally realized something.

“Excuse me sir, but who’d you say you were?” My mind was on high alert, I slowly moved my hand towards my amulet in case something happens. “Hmm, oh I am terribly sorry. I never did introduce myself did I? My name’s The Merchant.” He snapped his fingers, causing something to fall next to me. I jumped at the clattering only to find a good sized collectors coin. I picked it up and turned it over. On it was my emblem, a crescent moon with a lightning bolt.

Before I realized my mistake. The runes on my amulet began to glow as the gemstone in the middle flared with magical feedback. Before I could react it was too late. The world around me became distorted as it stretched and bent. It felt like I was being thrown. And for once, I was terrified of what was happening. Cause for all I knew, shit hit the fan at full speed and worst came to worst. I hope that I’m wrong, but a part of me says I should worry about what is to come.

<<<Rainbow>>>

“WOO HOOO!” I shouted as adrenaline raced through my veins. I narrowed my eyes upon the cloud ahead and with almost no hesitation, I flawlessly dodged it while also doing a barrel roll and a few flips. It was pretty awesome, though the air pressure instantly dropped as I attempted that fourth loop. And not only that but my wings stopped working. I kept flapping them like I normally do but they just couldn’t give me enough lift to fly. And let’s just say me and the ground had a nice hugging session.

“Hey! What gives!?” I complained in frustration as my wings failed to work. “Rainbow Dash!” I turned around before settling my eyes on a very worried Twilight. “Oh Hey Twilight! Whats up?” I said casually trying to play it off like nothing ever happened. “Are you ok? I just saw you plummet like a rock!”

“Yeah, I’m fine. The air pressure just suddenly dropped and my wings stopped working.” Twilight seemed deep in thought but I honestly just wanted to know why my wings stopped working.

“You know, I think it might be connected to the magical surge I felt just a few minutes ago…” I was about to reply when a loud boom echoed from the Everfree. I turn my head to see what it was. I instantly spotted a large storm begin to form, but from the direction of the winds and the sudden drop of air pressure, it will just miss Ponyville by a few kilometers. Which was good. It meant that I and the weather team didn’t have to deal with it.

“...You know just to be safe, I think you should avoid flying for the next half-hour or so. Just in case that wasn’t a fluke.” “Awe really, come on Twi,” I complained, but Twilight would have none of it. “Well, this sucks…”

<<<Chris>>>

I’m not sure how long it’s been since the world around me faded like a bad acid trip. But however long it was. I was extremely happy when it all returned to color. I blinked rapidly as the bright colors stung my eyes. But unfortunately for me… it only lasted for a second before I felt gravity take hold. Only then did I notice that I was over 10,000 feet in the air. I could feel the wind tearing through my hair as my ears roared with pain due to the rapid change of air pressure. My fear takes a hold of me when I set my eyes on the forest below. I was frozen as my descent towards the earth below continued at an alarming speed.

<Hey I’m not sure if you're aware but we seem to be plummeting from the sky after being thrown across the void by the Merchant from Resident Evil 4,> an all too familiar voice spoke sarcastically ~You know, you could be nicer Kaimon. I understand the situation we’re in but there’s no need for sarcasm at the moment,~ scolded another all too familiar voice. <Oh really Arael, I believe it is a perfect time for sarcasm seeing how we are plummeting to our deaths in an unknown universe with unknown magics,> Kaimon argued. My frustration quickly grew as the two continued to argue in my head.

“You know, now is not the time guys!” I shouted in frustration while once again focusing on the situation.

Almost as a quick reflex. I quickly wrapped my hand around my amulet. As I did so, the magic within pulsates through me with a calming warmth and bitter cold. I begin to mutter a simple chant given to me by the creators of the amulet. Which allows me to access its power.

“Olegna’lled itinu itirips ilg noc Arael enomed led e Kaimon, eretop ortson li ocovni.” My eyes glowed in sync with the amulet when I opened them. A rune appeared on the crystal before it exploded with lightning and magic.

I rapidly grew to the average size of an adult male. My eyes changed, they glowed a soft white. My hair turned dark grey as it arced with lightning. My clothes were engulfed in smoke as near black armor covered me. My hoodie became silver as the shadows converted it into a cloak. My arms changed into a mixture of stone and crystal. Two winged boots gathered by the clouds covered my feet. A sword as cold as ice hung from my hip. On my chest was an emblem much like the Flash had. It was a crescent moon with a lightning bolt. With a small crystal heart below it. On my head was a helmet formed from the purest of Starlight

Once I had donned my armor. Time seemed to have slowed down. I angled myself so that I’d land on my feet. I mean worst case scenario is that I’d spend a few minutes healing my broken legs but honestly that’s a better idea than breaking my neck. For a moment it was working but then something went wrong. The magic in my boots reacted unexpectedly which resulted in me being shot like a cannon in some random direction as I was hit with gale force winds from the east.

“Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!” I kept yelling as our magic ran rampant. A large storm suddenly appeared over the forest behind me. As I shot through the skies I could hear my two guests shouting and arguing with one another on whose fault was what. I just tuned them out as I began to focus on what appeared to be a small town. Though I didn’t really worry about the town. I was more focused on the large cloud house I was about to crash into.

I felt a searing pain on my chest before I realized what was happening. My emblem suddenly began flashing. Almost like a warning. My form began to shift and change as I reverted back to my original self. Though I knew something was going wrong because I knew it never did this. My hands began shifting into something stubby. Like hooves. Burnt orange fur began to grow, but before I could completely finish watching the absolute horror before me.

My body slammed into something which was accompanied by the chorus of bones breaking within me. Pain filled my entire body as whatever I hit gave in. Causing me to bounce and roll when I finally hit the ground. I felt nothing but pain. My vision began to fade into black as sleep embraced me in its arms.

<<<Rainbow>>>

“Hey, Twilight is that half an hour done yet. I really wanna go home now,” I complained causing her to sigh in annoyance. “For the last time Dash, no, it’s not. You still have 42 seconds left before I could even be remotely sure that you could fly again,” she was briefly cut off by the sound of an alarm clock going off. Which was music to my ears. Without a moment's notice, I quickly stretched my wings and shot out of the library. It should only take me a few seconds to get home from here. I did a few flips along the way just to make sure nothing was wrong before landing on my porch.

“Sweet cloud bed, here I come!” I exclaimed as I opened the door and walked in. Though what greeted me wasn’t my normal house but a disaster zone. To my left was a large hole in my wall. Anger quickly consumed me as I looked around. “I swear, if I catch the pony responsible, they’re gonna get it,” I began looking at the damage in my wall, nothing that a few clouds couldn’t fix.

I continued through my house just following the trail of destruction.“Eww… what did I step in?” I muttered, I picked my hoof up to notice something red. “Is that… Blood?” I heard clattering coming from the bathroom at the end of the hall. I was on high alert as I stalked towards the noise. “Hey, who’s in there!?” I called out. I waited a few seconds for a response. When I heard none I then slowly walked in there.

When I peered inside, I spotted what appeared to be an injured young colt on the floor behind the wall to my right, he seemed unconscious. I was about to get Somepony to see if he was alright but I felt a sudden chill accompanied by the sounds of someone whispering something. ~Help him~ I don’t know what it was but I just had the sudden urge to check up on him. I noticed something odd about him right away. His wings appeared mismatched, one was normal the other was more bat-like. He also wore clothes. A simple shirt, jacket, and jeans with what appeared to be a pair of headphones like Vinyl has. I put my hoof in front of his muzzle to check his breathing.

“Ok, he’s still breathing,” I sighed with relief. I noticed many cuts and tears in his clothes. They were also stained with blood which wasn’t a good thing. I carefully placed him on my back before carefully heading out. I went as fast as I could towards the Ponyville Hospital, he could be dying from his injuries for all I knew and that’s not something I want on my conscience. I steadily landed before rushing inside. I was greeted with a concern looking Nurse Redheart.

“Nurse! Nurse Redheart! I think this colt needs immediate assistance, I found him in my house after what seemed like a pretty bad crash. He might be bleeding out and have a few broken bones but I’m not sure!” I quickly but carefully hoofed her the colt but I noticed something slip around his neck and fall making a small clattering. As Nurse Redheart took the colt away, I picked up the item. It was a small amulet, it was blue with a large crystal on it shaped like a bird made of lightning. It had weird looking markings on it, the back had more so. I stowed it away before taking a seat in the waiting room and taking a short nap.

—>~<—