• Published 21st Oct 2017
  • 622 Views, 14 Comments

Applejack and the Remote Sentry Buster - efug25g



After getting tired of Rainbow Dash's pranks, Applejack seeks help from Twilight and Derpy to even out the odds. When a Sentry Buster appears before her, Applejack finds a way to get back at Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
 14
 622

Buster Chaos at Wonderbolt HQ

Early in the morning, Rainbow Dash left home and flew to Wonderbolt HQ to get some breakfast at the cafeteria. By hanging out there, now that she's a full-class Wonderbolt, Rainbow Dash is hoping to get away from the Remote Sentry Buster in no time flat. A few hours later, Spitfire, a yellow female Pegasus with a bright-orange mane and tail, who's also Rainbow Dash's team leader, came by to get breakfast at the cafeteria, she spots Rainbow Dash eating alone at the tables.

"Hey, Rainbow Crash." Spitfire spoke. "You seem to show up earlier than expected. You do realize that our daily warm up routine doesn't start until 0900 hours. So, may I ask why are you here so early in the morning?"

After Rainbow Dash finished stuffing her mouth full with food and gulped it all down her throat, she turned around to face Spitfire before answering her question.

"Let's just say that some whacked-out, living contraption wouldn't stop harassing me last night. And that, I need to find a safe place here in Wonderbolt HQ."

"What kind of living contraption is it?" Spitfire asked, putting pressure on Rainbow Dash further.

"I think it's best that you don't know." Rainbow replied not wanting any pony else get involved in her problems recently.

"Well, if you need anything, I'll be in my office." Spitfire said as grabbed a tray filled with breakfast food before leaving the cafeteria.

Shortly after Spitfire left, an male light-blue pegasus with a black mane and tail appeared in the cafeteria. Upon seeing him, Rainbow's face started showing a small blush on her cheek, for she recognizes the male pegasus as Soarin. When Soarin saw Rainbow Dash at one of the cafeteria tables, he sat down right next to her before asking any questions.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash." Soarin spoke to the female light blue pegasus. "I saw you running around like a scared little chicken back in Ponyville last night. Are you feeling okay?"

"For now, yes." Rainbow Dash replied to her pegasus Colt friend. "I was just only having a flying exercise during the night after I left the pub. Heh! Heh! Heh!"

Despite listening to Rainbow Dash's story, Soarin is still suspecting that his mare friend is hiding something from him, something that scared the living Tartarus out of her. After Rainbow left the cafeteria to do some workouts, Soarin decided to follow her from behind, making sure that nothing happens to her.


Meanwhile back at Sweet Apple Acres, after Applejack ate some breakfast, she went to the barn to check up on Remote Sentry Buster. However, as soon as she got there, Applejack finds that the Sentry Buster is nowhere to be found. As soon as she turned around, Applejack sees Scootaloo and Apple boom riding on top of the two-legged robot, much to the dismay of the elder farm pony.

"Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, get down from there." Applejack ordered impatiently. "That's not a toy."

As soon as they went down, Scootaloo accidentally bumped into the iPad controlling the Sentry Buster. In an instant, the Sentry Buster started moving on its own and disappeared into the clear blue sky as thrusters flare up from it's feet. Just when Applejack looked at the iPad, she sees a waypoint map of the Sentry Buster heading towards the direction of Wonderbolt HQ.

"Oh neilly!!" Applejack shrieked in fear, before turning her attention to the two fillies in anger. "What did ya two whippersnappers do??"

"Well, we thought ya made an invention for us to ride on." Apple Bloom answered sheepishly.

"You cannot touch ma stuff without permission, sis." Applejack snapped in anger. "Twi's gonna be really mad at me for letting something like this get outta control. She already told me to handle it with care. Yet, you gals tampered with it so that it'll fly to Wonderbolts HQ?"

"Well, why did you left it in da barn then, ah?!" Apple Bloom asked her elder sister.

"That ain't yer concern, Apple Bloom. Now get back inside the house." Applejack hissed before she went grabbed the iPad before heading to Twilight's Castle to sort this mess out. "And you, Scootaloo, git on home."


Back at Wonderbolt HQ, Rainbow Dash was performing several aerial drills with her fellow Wonderbolt members, with Spitfire directing to do barrel rolls, sky crawling, and various flying maneuvers. After one hour of drills, Spitfire ordered her Wonderbolt team to land outside of the landing area. As soon as the entire team that Rainbow Dash is in landed on all fours on the ground in the training field, they heard the alarm go off. In just a few seconds, the Public Speaker started raising its voice all over Wonderbolts HQ.

"MAMMA MIA!!! A REMOTE SENTRY BUSTER IS IN THE AREA!!!" The P.A speaker spoke in a high-pitched tone of voice.

"Every pony, form up in a defensive formation." Spitfire ordered her team as they formed up in a straight line defensive formation, 5 feet apart from each other.

Before Spitfire could issue any further orders to her team, however, Rainbow Dash's eyes widen with horror as she spots the remote Sentry Buster pop out from the outdoor checkpoint at the Wonderbolts Training field, much Rainbow's fright. In just an instant, the two-legged robot charged straight into the Wonderbolts team, sending all of them flying in different directions, and started chasing Rainbow Dash all over Wonderbolts HQ.

"GREAT SCOTT, NOT AGAIN!!!" Rainbow Dash shrieked as she tried to make a break for it, much to the confusion of the rest of the Wonderbolt members.

As Rainbow Dash flew as fast as the wind can carry, she hid in the HQ locker room. Just all seems quiet, the Sentry Buster bursted in the locker room and detonate itself in front of Rainbow Dash, causing an explosion. The explosion busted a hole from inside the lower part of the HQ, sending Rainbow spinning upward into the sky by the resulting shockwave. Ultimately, Rainbow was able to regain her flying altitude. But before Rainbow could descend on the ground smoothly, another Sentry Buster appeared, ran past the security checkpoint and started chasing the light-blue pegasus all over the training field.

"YEEEEEEEEKKK!!!" Rainbow screeched in horror while running away from the Sentry Buster. "Some pony save me!!! MAKE IT STOP!! MAAAAAKE IT STOOOOOOP!!"

"Hang on, Rainbow Dash." Soarin said as he flew up into the sky and dived down at the rampaging robot.

Unfortunately, before Soarin could do anything, the Sentry Buster hopped out of Soarin's way and continue to chase Rainbow down the runway. In an instant, Rainbow flew straight behind air traffic control tower. After hiding for a couple of minutes, the Sentry Buster jumped down from the top of the tower and started chasing Rainbow Dash again past the flight training school near by. The Wonderbolt recruits were all standing around not knowing what to do with the robot chasing Rainbow Dash around the area.

As for Spitfire's team, she contacted the Pegasus Royal Guard and the emergency response ponies. At the Cafeteria, Rainbow went inside the area and shut the doors behind her, hoping that the Sentry Buster will not come out from there. However, in just 5 minutes later, the Sentry Buster crashed through the windows from above and smashed a couple of tables upon landing on its two legs. After seeing the two-legged robot crash into the cafeteria, Rainbow Dash yelped in shock and screamed as she bursted her way out the doors and into the corridors of the Wonderbolt Barracks.

With the Sentry Buster chasing the female light-blue pegasus from behind, Rainbow spot 2 rows of eighteen doors right in front of her. She opened up a door on her right, with the Sentry Buster following from behind. After one minute, Rainbow came out from another door and went through the one on the left, with the Sentry Buster on her trail. In just an instant, Rainbow came out from another random door, with the Sentry Buster choosing a different door while chasing her. At random, the pegasus and the two-legged robot start going through door to door, unable to chase each other around, and sometimes, the pegasus started chasing the Sentry Buster instead. After 10 more minutes of chasing each other in the corridors, Rainbow finally reached the exit leading outside of the Wonderbolts Barracks. As soon as the Sentry Buster appeared right behind her, Rainbow immediately took to the skies once again. Before Rainbow could see what was going on behind her, the robot started using its rocket thrusters to levitate itself into the sky before pursuing her while in the air.

Rainbow Dash flew straight into the clouds, hoping to get a storm cloud to zap the robot. However, as soon as Rainbow started zapping the Sentry Buster with a storm cloud, the robot stopped in mid-air. Just when Rainbow Dash got closer to check on the Sentry Buster, the robot acted up again and did something that caught her off guard all of a sudden. The Sentry Buster started flying as fast as a speeding bullet, straight up into the sky to right where the light blue pegasus is. Before she had a chance to react, the Sentry Buster slammed its mass body straight into Rainbow Dash in the face. Upon impact, the light blue pegasus crashed behind the clouds and after she reached the highest height in the sky, she started plummeting straight into the ground, crippled after taking the full brunt of the robot's mass weight. Ultimately, Soarin finally came to Rainbow's rescue. Just when Soarin and Rainbow Dash both landed on the ground again, the Sentry Buster jumped right in front of them, scaring the two Pegasus as they made a run to the security checkpoint, while they both screamed like chickens. However, before the Sentry Buster could chase the two Pegasus outside of the Wonderbolts HQ, it stopped immediately and disappeared after a static flash. Upon seeing this, the two Pegasus started have huge question marks above their heads.

"Just what in the name of Celestia is going on here?" Soarin said as he freaked out after seeing Rainbow Dash injured in his hooves.


Back at Twilight's Castle, Applejack request some help from Twilight on how to disengage the Sentry Buster's automatic functions. After tinkering with the iPad's controls, it turns out that a double-tap on the downward arrow will make the Sentry Buster stand down and a circular motion around the movement arrows will make it teleport itself back to where the iPad is. As soon as Applejack did those commands on the iPad, the Sentry Buster appeared right in front of the farm pony and the purple alicorn, just a few feet away from them. Before any pony could say anything, Twilight Sparkle stepped in.

"Okay, Applejack. How about you let me keep the Sentry Buster for awhile?!" Twilight suggested to the female farm pony. "We still don't know everything about this robot yet; I have to go through a couple of more tests with it first."

"Uh, okay sugar cube." Applejack said, while being ashamed for leaving it alone. "I guess I picked a bad place to store that Sentry Buster, eh?"

"I send you further reports on what I learned about the Sentry Buster." Twilight explained. "For now, just forget what happened at Sweet Apple Acres."

"Thanks, Twi." Applejack acknowledged as she left Twilight's Castle.


At Wonderbolts HQ, the fire team ponies and the medical staff ponies came by to check up on the damages around Wonderbolts HQ and on the ponies involved in the incident. Fortunately, no other pony was injured other than Rainbow Dash. As soon as Rainbow came out of the medical tent, she reveals herself to have bandages and stitches all over her face, head, and stomach. Outside of the HQ checkpoint, Royal Pegasus guards stood by, keeping the other ponies from interfering with the investigation. As for Rainbow Dash, she was, again, traumatized from the fact that the Remote Sentry Buster followed her all the way to Wonderbolts HQ, unnoticed. After taking a few deep breaths from experiencing such a fiasco, Spitfire went up to Rainbow Dash before asking any questions.

"Rainbow Crash, do you even know what that thing was at all? The one who was chasing you all over our HQ?" Spitfire asked while glaring at her sternly.

"I swear I don't know!!!" Rainbow responded in a frightful tone. "I mean, this was second time I was chased by that bucket of bolts. I almost got a heart attack trying to get away from that thing!!!"

"How about you go back home for now, Rainbow Crash." Spitfire suggested for the injured light-blue pegasus. "We'll help deal you deal with that thing later, okay? For now, just go get some extra rest."

"Thank you, ma'am." Rainbow said as she saluted her before being escorted out of the HQ with Soarin's help.

"I swear, to the name of Celestia. If I ever find out who made that robot chase after me, I'm going to buck them straight into outer space!!!" Rainbow Dash snarled to herself as Soarin escorted her back to her home at Cloudsdale.