• Published 26th Jun 2021
  • 910 Views, 2 Comments

The Book of Ages. Volume 1. Harmony and Immortality - Rune Singer



Once in a lifetime of an alicorn the Book of Ages appears. What they learn and choose to become is their greatest test. In a time of brewing unrest among the ponies, Twilight's turn has come.

  • ...
 2
 910

Harmony and Immortality

“No, no no no no” Twilight screamed and clutched at her chest, in a place very alike the empty whiteness of the lodestone. Was it mental pain? She did not know. But it was excruciating. Almost as if she was going through a rebirth herself she writhed and kicked on the non existing floor.

“Make it stop voice! Pleaaaase!” she begged. The connections, the tangents that where wild information now merged, made sense and formed stories within her mind. Harmony the Twinned - Elements - Tree. It swept through her brain, probing, letting go of possibilities and grasping others. Her mouth started to foam.

Voice spoke and Twilight knew that sound.
“I believe you know that you can stop it yourself Twilight.”

Twilight found the information within her mind, seized it and all pain was gone. The turmoil and rampant analysis shut down or dormant. Straining t get to her feet, sh fond she could choose the hypothetical environment around her and shifter it to that of the outer planetary view. She floated here, in comfortable orbit letting herself settle. How comfortable this was, how soothing and calm. Closing her eyes she felt she could rest. Her eyes opened upon not knowing if she squandered time within the book.

“No time passed” voice spoke.

“Voice, can you please repeat Harmony's vision? The one with the sail ships.” Twilight asked and turned around herself to pinpoint exactly where those ships had left the planet.

“No! No repetitions Twilight” Voice laughed “you will get your own vision in time…”

I had time to think and I know now who you are, or who made you and fashioned you in the likeness of her soul.
“Oh” the other asked

Twilight rose as if she could always stand on imaginary ground, while orbiting a planet. She bowed low, as once Celestia had before her friends and spoke with a voice filled with reverence.

“Come before me Voice, you made of my ancestor Harmony the Twinned.”

Before her she saw a ripple and an Alicorn as tall as Celestia emerged, shaking her tricoloured mane, Ochre, golden and beige. Upon her aquamarine flank Twilight saw what was expected, the combine cutie marks of the princesses, a shimmering gem upon a map’s compass.
“You like it?” Voice-Harmony said while looking at it sideways “it baffled many at the complexity and frankly, from afar no-one could make out the details. Pity!”

Turning her head she found herself hugged briefly by Twilight who drew back abashed.
“Make not the mistake that I am Harmony, young pony. I remain a construct and could change this form if its too disruptive.” The mirage before her spoke.

“Oh no! Its more comfortable this way Voice.”And after looking back, down at the planet she asked” what now? I know now that the pendant down there is the same stone that is out there in my time, holding my friends. Am I right? “

“I shall not deny it Twilight” Voice said matter of factly, shifting the environment back to that of pure vision. “Yet..”

“I know, I know” Twilight said “I must see how it got to Equestria and how to destroy it” allowing her consciousness to be gripped by the book again.

“Oh one more thing! Twilight’s thoughts spurted up, shacking the forming memories a bit “How come the moon and sun rise on their own?”

“You will know in time” Voice uttered.