• Published 10th Oct 2017
  • 281 Views, 2 Comments

James: The changeling that changed Equestria - SylveonAKASteven2Desmond



Hi. My name is James, your normal average changeling. I was glad when my kind raided the Castle, but a certain pony invaded my life, and showed me that love can be willingly given without force. So follow my adventure. I will change everything...

  • ...
 2
 281

Chapter 1: The encounter

Author's Note:

A/N: So after what was a disaster at fimfiction, that was the final blow for me and I lost interest from MLP by then. Even with the MLP Movie coming out, I’ve shown no interest in it at all. So now, this is the only idea I have left after watching the episode To Where and Back Again, the only episode of MLP I watched anywhere after season 4. With all the bravery I have left, I took a deep breath and wrote the idea in this story. After this, you’ll never see me again ever on this site, because I have moved on to a better success in another fiction site. So I hope you enjoy my final piece before leaving this site.
Don’t worry. It’s not the end, yet. Chapters coming soon. Until then, see ya.
Hey dudes in fimfiction discord. If you’re watching this, thanks so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

*Canterlot wedding, somewhere between 6 a.m and 6 p.m, in James’, a changeling, perspective*

I smiled at the chaos that was ensuing in Canterlot. As someone who worships Chrysalis, I loved to see it seemingly roam through the city that Princess Celestia lived. Everything was going wrong for the ponies, and I loved it. Everything was in discord. Ponies running everywhere, changelings tying all of the soldiers with ropes, screams echoing throughout the land, cries from the ponies here and there, properties getting destroyed bit by bit, ponies getting cornered and captured...

It was a great scenery!

I was about to fly to the castle in case our Queen’s plans failed until I got hit by something. I assume it was magic since there was not a single pony that was close to me. Whatever it was, it’s extremely painful. I yelped in pain as I tried to fly up but to no use. The pain got worse for me as I flapped my changeling wings as fast as I can, but it didn’t work. So I started to free-fall and landed back-first into the ground. I blacked out, presuming that I was dead.

My eyes opened as numbness filled my back. I smiled as I first looked at the scenery, my changeling amigos still wrecking things from the outside.Then I realized I was in some sort of small alley. I looked back to see a purple pony with blonde hair bandaging my back, as well as covering me up with some sort of white tape, of which I think is another bandage that I don’t know. I looked at her face, and it was the most beautiful pony I’ve ever seen. Her smile can barely be described by words, and her face showed determination as she patched me up. After she finished bandaging me, from the wings to the back, she finally noticed me. And when our eyes met, I felt something...

Love...I felt love...

It was something that makes me feel greedy. But I did not feel it from her.

I felt it on me...

I feel like my body was giving in to her blue eyes. I feel like I’m alive. I know that this is love at first sight, even when I refused to believe it. And I did refuse for a split second.

After a few seconds of our eyes meeting, she suddenly slapped me. It was by accident obviously. I’d be scared too if someone that captured my friends suddenly woke up next to me.

“Ah...I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” She panicked, “Please don’t hurt me!” She backed up quickly, before hitting her back to the brick wall.

I smiled as I got close to her, ready to drain all the love she had. But my mind had other ideas. It kept telling me no.

“She saved your life. Why would you do anything to her!?” It told me. “Don’t do it you cruel soul!”

I walked closer and closer to her as she tried to swing the remaining bandage at me, hitting me once or twice but not enough to faze me.

“Back off you fiend!” She screamed out loud, hoping it would attract more ponies to help her. But it gave more attention to the changelings.

I am now a few centimeters away from her now. Her wings covered her eyes, waiting for the worst to happen. My mouth opened, ready to have her ability to love to get sucked out. But I was stunned that my body just stopped and my mouth snapped shut.

“I can’t do this!” I thought to myself.

I walked up to her, before trying to put my hoof past her wings. I finally touched her chin, of which I suddenly hear whimpers. Her wings slowly shifted down to their position. I could finally see her face.

Her eyes were shut, waiting for that moment. Tears streamed down her face as I could feel her body tremble through my hoof. I knew I had to do something to keep her calm. But what?

“It’s okay...” I suddenly blurted out. “I’m not going to hurt you. Trust me...”

“I don’t believe you!” Her eyes were still closed, waiting for her love to be drained.

“Even I can’t believe myself. Don’t worry...” And my body did something that I never thought would have done.

It suddenly gave the purple pony an embrace. I decided to follow suit, as I saw her eyes open up and letting me see the blue sparkles that were her pupils. It seemed to glitter at me, like if it’s trying look for weaknesses that I have.

I suddenly realized what I had done, as I let go of the embrace, I felt guilty that I had done something against the queen.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be doing that.” I backed up, trying to comprehend what happened.

“I hope you could explain what happened there...” The pegasi walked to me, before grabbing my arm and started to run. As much as I hated it, I just let her guide where I’m heading. And it was a big mistake when I saw her running to a wall.

“What are you doing!?” I screamed out, scaring that I’m going to hit it with a thud.

I yelled out and closed my eyes as soon as I felt like there was contact between me and something. But it was not hard. Instead, it was as soft as a pillow; it sort of hit me for a split second.

“We made it to my basement. Hope it’s not that dark...” She said as I opened my eyes. The room was lit by a few candles, as well as a few torches here and there on the wall. In the middle are packed with first aid equipment like band-aids, chlorine, and some medicine bottles.

“Are you doing some sort of ritual or something?” I asked, looking around to see what else was there.

“No. I’m an apprentice. For medical school, of course,” She showed me her cutie mark. It was a first aid kit with a bottle of medicine in front of it. It was nothing special, in my opinion.

“Before we do anything, can I at least know your name, changeling?” She smiled at me, knowing I was not hostile anymore to her.

I gulped at the scariness the place seemed. There’s this feeling that I had right then and there. I felt like I was in her control. And...I liked it...

“I-I...M-My name...is J-James” I shivered, nervous about not being able to escape.

“Well...my name is Indigo. I’m 15 years old. How about you?” The pegasi looked at me, getting me even more scared. It felt like I was in complete control.

I swallowed my nerves as I answered her.

“I’m 14 years old...” Indigo looked at me, a bit shocked by my response.

“You’re 14? You look like you were 20!”

“Really?” I smiled, as she nodded with enthusiasm.

“Yeah! I thought you were way older than 14!” I looked at her, and a realization hit me.

“What’s the matter, James?” Indigo seemed to notice my concern.

“There's two question. Firsts of all, how did you make my back feel less sore like that?” I looked back at the bandaging, realizing that it wasn’t as painful anymore.

“I rubbed on you some medical herb I created. It’s supposed to be a test, and it should have felt painful, but when I rubbed it on your back, you were just snoring. And apparently, it worked.

I started to blush at her.

I can’t believe it! Not only have I snored next to a pony, I’m blushing at the very same pony that was next to me. I stayed cool, before asking my second question.

“Why did you help me? You know I could have done some bad things to you. Why take the risk?”

“It’s because I can’t let any pony nor changeling die because of this. It was the best I can do. Plus, I took the gamble since I believed in you.”

I smiled as she looked down, blushing a bit at what she said. Her indigo cheeks turned a shade of pink.

“Well then, I believe in you, too.”