• Published 29th Sep 2017
  • 2,208 Views, 34 Comments

We're Not Alone Anymore - LifeIsForPenguinHugs



We thought we were the only ones out there, until one man encountered ponykind.

  • ...
14
 34
 2,208

Rest of the Day in Pony City

Food was flung across the table as something about a changeling invasion was brought up. I hunkered down under the table with my plate of unfinished mushrooms, glass was shattering the human King guy was passed out on top on the deer princess lady. I heard doors fly open and hooves hit the floor as the fight settle down, I poked my head up and saw bowls of ice cream. Everyone ate it, when I say everyone I mean everyone including the guards. As I shimmied my way back to the chair I was in and continued to eat, a furred hand stuck out and grabbed my still unfinished plate. I growled until the hand moved away, “Come back in a moment.” With a nod the servant disappeared. I look at the other people and realize that I am probably the only sane being on this entire fucking planet. With the mushrooms gone I slid the plate to the edge and it was whisked away and in its place was a bowl of pure vanilla ice cream. I wasn't hungry so I slid it over to Christi. Her eyes lit up and then she shoveled the ice cream to her bowl before devouring it.

“Thanks Alexander!”

“No problem,” I leaned back and closed my eyes. Soon I was asleep dreaming a million lives, simultaneously being everything and nothing.

I noticed Alexander closing his eyes to take a nap. He looked nice, a small smile on his face and he was extremely nice to give me his share of ice cream. But Princess Luna apparently didn't like this all that much.

“The Dream Beast is going to destroy us!”

“Now LuLu I keep telling you he has no magic!”

“But see his dreams, they have no purpose no order just randomness! I'll have you see what I see!” Her horn lit a nightly blue and it encompassed Alexander's head. A projection beamed out and showed a sky with a tiny Alexander falling. He rushed past cloud after cloud, before he could hit the green earth a Pastry Cat with a rainbow trail caught him. Then the perspective switched to black and white image of a tree, then the ever so lovely sun exploding and a planet imploding. He groaned and rolled out of his chair hitting the floor, a sudden gasp he sat up holding his chest.

“Did I miss something?” A chorus of rulers saying no met his ears.

The rest of the meeting was extraordinarily boring, but my day was just getting started. As I left I watched five ponies, three humans, two minotaurs, six deer, one griffon, and another of those changelings all of them in white lab coats.

“Alien man speak us your secrets!” Screamed the human that was up to my chest.

“Yes tell us your secrets spaceman!”

“I will but first take me to your laboratory,” with a mighty yell the nerds grabbed me lifted me over their heads and charged down the hallway. We ran for around thirty seconds all but the minotaurs were out of breath. The doors were opened and I was thrown in, the scientists all crowded around me as I gave them a disclaimer. “I'm not an expert on not an expert on this thing but I know a few things that can get you off the ground.” I looked behind me and found a chalkboard, and drew a circle. “Ok this is the most basic and one of our first designs some four hundred years ago, it's a electrum ball. It's extremely rudimentary in the design, about one thousand seven hundred watts of electricity is generated from the solar panels,” now I drew an angled ship around the ball with solar panels on the top, “the electricity transfers to the turbine in the engine which as it turns the electricity is amplified which causes a spark to burn kerosene which in the control room you can slow or speed up the rate of the kerosene is flowing. Any questions?” The geeks started to write furiously, before one of them raised her hand.

“How long would building this take?”

“Guessing by your tech levels I'd say around eight months to a year.”

Another one, this time a minotaur, raised his hand. “What is electrum?”

“Electrum is a natural alloy of silver, gold, and copper but is commonly called white gold.” The realization dawned on them with a chorus of ohs rang out. With all of them having a nerdgasam I walked out to explore.

It had been an hour since I had seen Alexander, I wanted to thank him for treating me like I was normal. You see, the ponies while saying that they can tolerate any and all species in s half truth. They can tolerate the prey species but not the few predators. Any time I was in pony lands studying their culture to become an ambassador I was treated differently just because I could eat meat regularly, but when I met Alexander he treated me like I wasn't some predator. As I walked down the marble halls I found him wandering the castle, oooing and aweing at every little thing. It was cute, his facial expression was that of a newborn kit first exploring the outside world. As I approached He stopped and waved before speaking.

“Hello Christi!”

“Good day Alexander,” I waved back and his arm dropped. “I was hoping I would find you, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?”

“Sure, I was hoping to explore the city before going back to my ship is that fine with you?” My facial muscles raised to show I appreciated his kindness and I nodded. “Alright let's get lost while trying to find the exit!”

In an hour full of anger, betrayal, crying they finally found the exit which was hidden behind some indoor bushes. On the streets we were stared at, granted if you were next to a giant you’d probably get stared at as well. But that's not the point, but what was the point to start with? Anyway Alexander was lazily gazing around at the shop pictures when he suddenly grabbed my right claw.

“Stop, pet store!” I looked at him like he was stupid before I was drug along with him.

“Stop pulling me!I'll go willingly!”

His face turned a darker pinkish before starting to scratch his neck, “Heh. Sorry.” He quickly turned around and walked in. As I entered I saw him with his face pressed against a Kissing Fish’s tank. The pink heart shaped fish put its lips on the other’s. A soft “aww” came from Alexander’s direction until the fish on the left ate the other. The sole survivor turned to glare at him, as he backed away slowly. He slowly went to the dog aisle.

My eyes scanned the the dog treats, beds, and toys. I found a green tennis like ball and gave it a bounce. Sadly it bounced harder than it was dropped and was soon out of sight. I heard glass shattering was heard from the other of the store and walked in the opposite direction. I soon found Christi and we left the store in a hurry and back into the hustle and bustle of pony city. I hope I don't break anything else in another store I'd like to go home with some of the coins, that I “borrowed”, tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late post, fell asleep playing Skyrim.