• Published 20th Sep 2017
  • 994 Views, 11 Comments

Sunset Is Missing - Smil3yGamer12



Twilight gets lost in the mountains as she searches for a missing Sunset Shimmer.

  • ...
2
 11
 994

A New Friend

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long. I completely forgot about Fimfiction. The best of my stories are on Wattpad, on which I am Smil3yGamer12 as well.

Twilight could hear the dragon's lumbering footsteps from miles away. It's massive feet slapped on the stone ground, sloppily. Reluctantly, she followed it. Twilight had only heard such tales of creatures in the EverFree forest, but had never believed it. The dragon lumbered on, lazily, complete opposite of the dragon it had been mere hours ago. Now, the sun was just starting to set. Twilight zipped up her jacket as the chilly wind blew by her. The two walked out into the open grass, the foggy mist surrounding them at all angles. Twilight's glasses constantly needed a cleaning because of it and it was absurdly annoying. She saw the dragon reach up to a tree. It was very tall, almost the same size. Twilight was a little confused about what it was doing until she heard an odd noise. The dragon turned around, in its clawed hand was a pink fruit. The dragon turned, wrapping its fluffy tail around Twilight's waist and began pulling her.

Twilight stayed quiet, giving no objections to the warm fluff that now shrouded her. Twilight went along, taking the warm puffs into her hands. No one knew she was here. She had obviously gone missing too. Without a trace probably. Nobody would know. The serenity of the place where the dragon had made its lair was tranquil and peaceful. Twilight quite liked it, but she preferred home.

The dragon purred softly as she offered the pink fruit to Twilight. She smiled a toothy grin, nuzzling Twilight’s shoulder with her snout. Twilight pushed her away, without leaving the warmth of her tail.

“No thank you, I’m not hungry,” Twilight said, looking out over the horizon. The dragon laid her head on Twilight’s shoulder, purring and purring and purring.

“You know, you’re kinda cute,” Twilight said, as the dragon nibbled on Twilight’s shirt. She grumbled cutely. Twilight stroked her snout and pet under her ears, causing the dragon to purr louder.

“You kinda remind me of my friend, Sunset Shimmer. She went missing a while back. I really miss her,” Twilight said, stroking the hair of the red scaled beast. The dragon looked up at Twilight, with an expression of confusion. “Hhhhrrrr?” She rumbled, laying her head down on Twilight’s lap.

Twilight looked thoughtful for a minute. “You know, I’m going to have to call you something. I can’t call you Sunset, because... well...” Twilight paused as the dragon looked at her from the corner of its eye. “How about Sunburn? You look fierce enough,” Twilight said, patting the head of the dragon, who seemed pleased by her new name. She put the pink fruit back into her talon and put it to Twilight’s mouth. She nudged it away. “No thanks, I told you, I’m not hungry,” Twilight said, tapping the dragon’s snout.

“Grr!” Sunburn growled, putting the fruit in Twilight’s mouth anyway. Twilight bit into it, embarrassed. Sunburn wagged her tail, happily. Twilight’s eyes lit up as she ate the fruit, a bit of the juice trickling down her lip. Sunburn seemed happy with the result.

.
.
.
.

After a while, the setting sun gave way to the blackness of the night. It was getting colder and darker by the minute. Sunburn brought Twilight into her cave, which was small and not that cosy. Sunburn nuzzled Twilight into the corner of the room, laying her down onto a bed of flowers. Twilight was confused until the dragon friend she had made laid down on top of her.

“Oh,” Twilight said plainly. Sunburn seemed to laugh at her, brushing her fluffy tail over Twilight’s face. Twilight began to feel the warmth of the heated scales, even if she were horribly annoyed. The purring dragon was adorable though.

.
.
.
.

The first night for Twilight was hard. She began worrying about all the things that went bump in the night. She began wondering if anyone was looking for her. About every hour, Sunburn would get up and leave for about 5 minutes, leaving Twilight in the cold night. She’d come back in and lay back down, but Twilight could tell the dragon was having trouble relaxing. They’d occasionally make eye contact with each other, and when they did, Sunburn would come over and give Twilight’s face a reassuring lick. She’d pet Sunburn’s head and try to go back to sleep. Twilight began to wonder why her friend kept getting up like that. She didn’t know.

.
.
.
.

Twilight remembered waking up in a cold sweat from a nightmare about Sunset. She wasn’t exactly sure what it was about, but just the thought of Sunset right now put her on edge. Sunburn wasn’t in the cave either, but Twilight could hear running water outside. Twilight stood and wiped the dirt off her skirt. She felt kind of bad about crushing those flowers. Treading cautiously, Twilight looked out over the glade from the exit of the cave. The sun looked like it had risen a while ago, and the grass was slick with morning dew. The blue sky looked radiant and several white and puffy clouds were already scattered about. It was a beautiful sight.

“Sunburn?” Twilight called. Twilight was still sleep deprived and her back had an ache in it from sleeping on the ground. It had been a rough night.

“Sunburn?” Twilight called again, this time, louder that the last. A few birds chirped, and then there was a loud squawk, followed by silence. Twilight began hearing the familiar heavy footsteps of the lumbering dragon. Twilight thought that Sunburn must’ve been hunting or something. Twilight turned to see the flash of red scales by the trees. There was a majestic waterfall that seemed to be glimmering in the light. Twilight rubbed her aching shoulder as she continued to move down towards the little pond that nature had provided for her. Nervously, Twilight began to strip off her clothes. She folded them up neatly and put them to the side. Twilight carefully got into the water, refreshed to find that it wasn’t freezing. It was clear and see though water, not murky like one would expect. Twilight began to swim out to the waterfall, and flipped over onto her back. She sighed deeply. This was relaxing. She thought that once she found Sunset, she’d bring all her friends back here to enjoy it with her. They could meet Sunburn and become friends with her too. Twilight could write to the Princess of Friendship about her journey here. Twilight was snapped from her thinking when she heard a slash from the other side of the pond. There, in the clear water, was Sunburn. The dragon had a talon over her eyes, obviously being respectful of Twilight. It almost made her want to chuckle.

“You’re cute,” Twilight giggled, swimming over to the red beast. Sunburn uncovered her eyes, slowly. Twilight blushed, shrugging. “It’s okay. It’s not weird or anything,” She said, pushing her glasses up her nose. They were foggy from the water. Twilight could stand in the little pond, but Sunburn has to crouch to be at her eye level. Giving a soft lick, Sunburn brushed Twilight’s bangs out of her face with her tongue. She purred and sniffed at Twilight, which made Twilight want to coo because it was adorable.

“Heh heh. You like me, don’t you?” Twilight said, petting the dragon’s snout. The dragon snorted, puffing out a bit of smoke. She appeared to be blushing, even through red scales.

“Crrrroooo... crrrroooo,” Sunburn grumbled, swimming around Twilight. Twilight let out a shriek as she was lifted onto Sunburn’s shoulders. The water rolled right off her body. Twilight put her feet into the crooks of the wings to steady herself. She held onto Sunburn’s neck to keep from falling. Sunburn began stomping over to the waterfall, and went under up. The water felt like sharp needles on Twilight’s back and her glasses got water on the lenses. Now, inside the water fall, was a small space. Sunburn put Twilight down, calmly. Twilight sat down on the floor of the cavern, which looked like it was made of glass. It was beautiful.

“Wow,” Twilight said, her voice echoing off the walls. It was pretty in here. Sunburn sat down in front of her, putting her claws on Twilight’s legs, with a joyful look on her face.

“Crrrroooo,” She murmured, nuzzling Twilight softly. Twilight suddenly didn’t feel awkward anymore. She scratched under Sunburn’s snout, which caused her to purr.

“You know, I think I’ve found a new friend,” Twilight said, giving the dragon’s snout a kiss. Sunburn immediately became shy again and made a joyous laughing noise. She covered her face with her talons and her ears dropped in embarrassment.

“Cutie Pie,” Twilight teased.