• Published 25th Sep 2017
  • 454 Views, 3 Comments

From somewhere, anywhere but here. - Majorminor



He came from somewhere, anywhere but here. All I know, is that he doesn't plan on leaving alone.

  • ...
 3
 454

2. An unprepared-for truth

“Wow.” She said simply. The other two just stared at me as if I just created the pony equivalent to a mobile phone. As if it’s crazy, barely (if at all) understandable, but still makes sense. Or at least what sense it can make to three non-daemonical ponies.

The way they were taking it was... a mix of what I hoped for...


‘Yer crazy. Bonkers. Off ya rocker. He’s mad. Ah don’t believe it and nor should you. No way is that remotely possible. Everythin’ he’s told us ‘as been a bunch a hickey.’ Apple Bloom muttered throughout. Sweetie Belle was silently listening to me without interruptions, several times shushing Apple Bloom. Which was good-ish... I guess. Scootaloo just sat there slack jawed at the prospect of space, and how you just float without gravity. I thought they already knew since they didn’t ask what it was yesterday. Not only that but she intently listened to everything I said. More than once telling Apple Bloom to cram it.

She also seemed really interested in ‘the abyss’... My ‘home’ as it were. Traveling through time and space, infinite dimensions and universes. Opening portals between them as a means of travel. Acting as a guardian by jumping dimensions. I’ve never had to fight any inter-dimensional beings, so I don’t even know what I’m here for. Sure, dealing with time warps and dimensional rifts sound fun to a normal pony... (or human, Martian, Plutonite or any alien that I know of and have encountered) but you don’t age when you’re there (which is almost always) so you’re just the same nothing for nearly an eternity. No-one to talk to, play with. Relax with. All alone... Forever.

I also told them all how as a daemon I shouldn’t even be talking with them right now, that they are the only ones that know I exist. But I just want someone to be with... I’m alone.

They all understood my loneliness. Even Apple Bloom. My guess is that before they all met, they didn’t have many friends or something of the sort. Still better than me though.

After the hour(s) long talk we had, I made them all promise not to tell anyone about me. Not family nor friends. Sweetie Belle swore she wouldn’t which was a relief, also persuading Apple Bloom to as well, (even though she claimed that the only ponies she thought about telling were the nearest ‘mental asylum’. ([I’m guessing she meant ‘talk to someone, you need help’]... But that still isn’t exactly nice...) However, the fact she did promise at least told me I can trust her (hopefully)...

But what really worried me, was the distinguished conflict in her mind, her facial expressions betraying her.

She remained silent...

Author's Note:

Short chapter cliffhanger! Dun dun duuuun! Yes, I truly am evil. It’s an obvious cliffhanger so it’ll leave you wondering what’ll happen...

(Which is what I wanted) :moustache: