• ...
11
 28
 2,029

Chapter 6

"I can't believe this! My dear friend Rainbow Dash, a murderer? I don't even know if its true or not, but that does explain Scootaloo's scars and bruises." Rarity said as she began to trot faster. She was nearly to Twilight Sparkle's house. Then she could tell her the secret. This was for the best, they needed to help their friend, because she needed it. Rarity knocked on Twilight Sparkle's door. A lavender unicorn appeared at the door step when the door opened.

"Hello Rarity. Is there anything I can help you with?" The Canterlot pony said with her usual tone and greeting. "I need to tell you something very important! I'm not sure if its true or not, but it involves Rainbow Dash, she needs our help." Rarity explained. "Rainbow Dash? I haven't seen her around lately. Is she hurt?" Twilight said with a new tone of concern. "Well, no. Its a long story, actually..." The white mares voice trailed off. "Please, come in. Tell me the whole story." Twilight said gesturing a hoof.

Rarity gave a weak smile and whispered a thanks and walked into the hollow tree home. The two sat down on the couch, Twilight Sparkle looking at her anxiously. "Well, lets see...where should I begin....Well, first things first, Scootaloo didn't really have a bad landing on her flight test. She failed it. Then she was sent to a place in Cloudsdale called the Rainbow Factory, known for making rainbows. What, nopony knows actually is how they make the rainbows exactly. Its a horrible way, and Scootaloo almost faced that horrible fate. It was death, killing peagasai who failed their flight test for spectrum, then made rainbows out of them. Fortunately, she escaped. The big spectrum machine needed repairs, and training with Rainbow Dash must of made Scootaloo stronger. Then she tried so hard to keep the secret, not to tell anypony. But it just spilled out! Sweetie Belle told me, and shes not making this up, I knew something was wrong with that filly when I saw her return from her flight test." Rarity told Twilight what she wanted; the whole story.

Twilight's eyes were full of fear, shock and concern. "How could I not know about this! But how could it be true? Surely Rainbow Dash couldn't do such a vile thing! Let me see, I think I have a book on the Rainbow Factory somewhere in here...." The purple unicorn said looking through the many shelves. "Aha! Here it is!" She said after a good five minutes. She opened the book with her magic. "Lets see....It says here, that in the Rainbow Factory, peagasai mix spectrum in vats together, forming a rainbow along with the help of some unicorn magic. Many flight schools visit this place for education on the making of rainbows in Equestria. However, the second floor is strictly forbidden for entrance to the public. Nopony knows why, but it seems they are hiding something behind the doors of the second floor..." Her voice trailed off as she mumbled the rest to herself.

"How could ponies not even ask what goes on there!" Rarity wailed. "They simply ignore it, somepony could have stopped this! A worker, maybe!" "Well, I don't know. But the story Sweetie Belle told you must be true if they really are hiding something on the second floor. I think we should consult Princess Celestia about this issue." Twilight announced. "But we must get the others first." "Then lets go!" Rarity said full of confidence. "We have no time to loose!" The pair of unicorns charged out the door, looking for their other three other friends.

----------------------------------------------------

"Ahem. Everypony, we have gathered you all here today to tell you about the Rainbow Factory."

Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were almost to where they were now, they already checked all their houses, so they went to the main six's usual picnic and gathering spot.

"Horrible things happen there! They kill innocent peagasai, just because they have failed their flight test!"

They were almost there, soon, Scootaloo would show them living proof.

"I know its crazy, but our dear friend Rarity told me this!" murmurs ran through the crowd of three ponies.

The group began to come into view, soon she would show them that the Rainbow Factory is real!

"Stop!" Scootaloo yelled as she interrupted Twilight. Everyone gasped. "What shes saying is true! I escaped from the Rainbow Factory, and a bad landing on a cloud cannot cause this much damage! We need to stop this!" Scootaloo said letting her feelings spill out. "But...Why wouldn't ya tell us this?" Applejack piped up. Because I didn't know how you would think as Rainbow Dash as a murderer. Your her best friends." Scootaloo told her. "Rainbow Dash? A murderer? Is this true?" She looked up at Twilight and Rarity. They nodded their heads, as did all of the cutie mark crusaders. "Dashie? A murderer? I'm not very happy with her!" Pinkie pie spoke.

"Oh....my... Surely the princess wouldn't allow this...." Fluttershy said in a very soft tone. "That's it! We need to tell the princess! She'll do something about this!" Twilight spoke up. "She already knows, and she allows it. She handed the job of making rainbows over to the peagasai when she had to control the moon when Princess Luna left for one thousand years on the moon." Scootaloo announced, followed by a long pause. "But....But...she's so nice and sweet, and cares for other creatures....Surely she wouldn't allow murder of ponies? I.....need to find out.....for myself...." Twilight ran off in the direction of the royal city of Canterlot in tears. "Wait!" The other four friends called out to her. But it was too late. She was running faster than ever before.

"Ya'll stay here. We gotta go help, Rainbow Dash needs our help. Come on ya'll!" Applejack told her friends. They nodded, and they trotted off after the lavender unicorn. Of course, the cutie mark crusaders didn't listen, as usual. The three fillies went after the mares after they were out of sight. The journey had begun for all of them.