• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,046 Views, 0 Comments

Dreams of an Absolution - VerseForty



Twilight Sparkle had never thought things would turn out the way they did. To be honest she never...

  • ...
 0
 1,046

The Party

It was a warm summer day, not much different from other days in Ponyville. The city was moving with its usual chatter. Everypony was happy and seeming to enjoy themselves. Everything was as normal as ever. That was until a certain cyan pegasus started flying frantically through the streets of the city.

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh!" was all Rainbow Dash could say as she flew down the streets of Ponyville. "I'm going to be late!" she thought as she made the next turn, just barely missing a stallion going in the opposite direction.

She could just barely hear him yell "Watch where you're going!"

This made Rainbow Dash turn around (flying with her back facing where she was going) and say "well so should you! You old-." That was all she got to say before she collided with a door.

Meanwhile the rest of the gang where at Sugar cube Corner. Pinkie Pie's was having one of her famous cupcake/cake/pie/cookie/ party party. (Or as she called them her C.C.P.C.P party) Pinkie was running in and out of the Cake's kitchen bringing out all sorts of different snacks and goodies for the party. Every pony else was sitting at one of the tables chatting about the different events that happened in their lives recently.

Spike on the other hand was trying his best to keep from eating anything before the party began. He had decided to sit away from all the chatter and gossip early off so he didn't have to talk about what he did (or to hear all the new hair styles Rarity has tried, or all the animals Fluttershy had taken care of, or how many apples Applejack had bucked). It wasn't like he didn't want to hear what they had done; but if you see each other almost every day most of what you hear sounds like reruns anyway.

It was taking all of Spikes will power to keep from taking something. He even resorted to sitting on his own hands to keep himself calm. That did little to nothing to help. After what felt like an eternity (or maybe a few minutes) Spike decided to sneak a cookie from the latest plate that Pinkie brought out. He slowly got up and stepped ever so lightly to not disturb the talking going on between the friends. When he finally got to the table with all the snacks he quickly gave the room a quick scan to see if anyone had noticed that he had moved."Looks like the coast is clear" he thought to himself. He slowly began to move his hand toward the plate of cookies.

"Hey Spikey whatcha' doing?" someone asked behind him.

Spike nearly jumped out of his scales. He spun around to see Pinkie Pie standing in front of him, the pony bouncing up and down. It was obvious she was in her usual energetic mood. He had to think fast if he didn't want to get in trouble.

"Umm… Well… You see…" Spike started but was cut off by a loud crash at the front door.

Spike took this opportunity to get away from trouble. He opened the bottom section of the door to see a dazed Rainbow Dash lying on her back.

"Am I late?" she asked looking up at the three Spikes standing in front of her.

"No we were just about to start." Spike replied helping the pegasus up. "Thank you Rainbow." He whispered.

Now she was a little more confused. "What for?"

"Because you just got me out of trouble with Pinkie."

Rainbow nodded in understanding. Last time Pinkie had a C.C.P.C.P party Spike tried to sneak some icing off on of the cakes. She remembered how Pinkie made him sit at a table by himself for a whole fifteen minutes and watch everyone else eat.

"Well then I'll try to crash more often." She said and both started laughing while everyone else just sat there staring. It was really weird until Pinkie started laughing, and then Applejack chuckled. After that every pony in the room was laughing until it hurt.

After everyone caught their breath and made sure Rainbow Dash was ok, Pinkie said it was time to eat. Like most of her parties it was over the top with food. There was about every kind of cake, pie, cookie, juice, ice cream, you name it, it was there.

"You really have outdone yourself this time Pinkie Pie." Twilight said after she finished eating a slice of Lemon cake.

"Yeah I mean every party just gets better than the last!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Aww thanks guys." Pinkie Pie said with her mouth still full of cake. "You know it took me a whole day just to make about a fourth of this stuff. But I burnt most of the stuff from the first batch so I had to remake it all. And then-."

"Pinkie dear, it is rather unladylike to talk with your mouth full." Rarity said trying to be as tactful as possible with the pink pony.

Pinkie just nodded and swallowed the cake that was still in her mouth. "As I was saying and then I had to ask you all for your favorite foods so I could make…"

"What's on ya' mind Pinkie?" Applejack asked noticing that the she had just stopped mid-sentence.

"It feels like I'm forgetting something… But what?" The pink pony then sat down on the floor, legs and arms crossed thinking. Let's see… I had walked out the kitchen to see if everypony was enjoying their self. She had saw Spike over at the food table. Then Rainbow came in. Rainbow… Spike… Food…

Pinkie suddenly jumped up in the air and screamed "oh my gosh I totally forgot!" and with that she ran into the kitchen leaving her friends startled and confused.

Everyone sat in silence for about five minutes until Fluttershy said "I wonder what she forgot?"

As soon as she finished asking that question Pinkie Pie came back from the kitchen with a cart that had six covered plates. She placed one plate in front of each friend and told them not to remove the cover until she said so.

"Do you guys remember when I asked you about 3 weeks, 5 days, 22 hours, 32minutes, and 3 seconds ago what your favorite food was?"

Everyone just nodded at the statement; surprised at Pinkie's accuracy of the date.

"Well it was so I could make these!" She said. "Oh! You guys can open them now."

Everyone opened their surprise, and to their shock there was a personal desert made for all of them.

"For Twilight I made what I call "The Night Sky" it's made with your two favorite types of my cake, "The Lemon Swirl" and "The Dark Chocolate Dream" and is decorated with all those constla-whatzits you're always looking at."

"Constellations" Twilight corrected.

"Yeah those!" Pinkie said moving down the row.

"For Dashy I made her "Real Rainbow Sherbet!"

"Real Rainbow Sherbet?" Rainbow asked confused at the name.

"Yeah I had someone deliver some of that rainbow stuff we saw at in Cloudsdale. So it's made with real rainbows!"

"That's so sick, In a good way." Rainbow Dash said not trying to upset the pony.

"It alright Dashy, I know what you meant."

"Rarity I named your desert " Fashionista Paradise" I had to use a lot of different chiffon icings and sugar candies to create the outfits and the fabrics on the cake, and I used my angel food cake batter that you love."

"Why thank you darling, it is just marvelous! You wouldn't mind making another for my birthday would you?" Rarity asked.

"Not at all Rarity, I would love to do it for all of you guys. I know I will make these again for all of your birthdays!"

"Applejack for you I made you those "Sweet Apple Caramel Swirl Lollipops" I made for you on Nightmare Night a couple years back."

"Aww shucks Pinkie I'm much obliged."

"No problem Applejack."

"Fluttershy for you I made a "Fruits of the Forest Pie" it basically contains all the fruits I could muster up from the Everfree Forest and Ponyville."

A worried look passed over all the ponies with the mention of the forest. Pinkie immediately noticed this and reassured them.

"Don't worry I got them from the safer parts of the forest."

This did settle the ponies a little but they knew that Pinkie taste tested all of her creations so if she was fine then it would be ok.

"Umm Pinkie…" Spike said.

"Yes Spikey-wikey?"

"What exactly are these?" he asked holding up what looked to be a gemstone, but it was… off. Each one was a different color and texture, plus they had different things in them like sprinkles, hearts, and balloons in them.

"I was getting to that! Those are an experiment I've been working on. They are gemstones infused with all my different cakes, pies, and cookies. I couldn't eat them so I want you to try them."

Spike took and experimental bite of the one he was holding. It was amazing! It was Pinkie's "Hearts and Hooves Day cake" and it had a really great mineral taste like she made the minerals herself.

"Which one was it? Huh? Huh?" Pinkie asked hopping up and down.

"It was the "Hearts and Hooves Day cake"" Spike said. "Why?"

Then that feeling that she had forget something returned to Pinkie Pie. "Why did she forgetting?" she wondered. Does it involve Spike… and what does Hearts and Hooves Day have to do with anything that was almost a month away. Spike… Heart… She just brushed it off for the time and said "I just wanted to know. That's all!"

After about 30 more minutes of talking ponies started to leave. Pinkie Pie asked for Spike to stay behind to help with the clean-up. About 15 minutes of cleaning later Spike was about to leave the shop. Pinkie watched him and instantly remembered what she needed to tell him.

"Spike wait!" Pinkie screamed in a more authoritative tone than any she had ever used.

Spike nearly jumped out of his scales for the second time today. He turned around to see Pinkie Pie with the oddest look in her eyes. One of hurt, of grief, like something was going to happen that would ruin everything that they knew.

"Y-yeah Pinkie?" Spike asked still a little scared at the sudden outburst.

She just kept staring at him with that same expression.

"Look if it's about the cookies I'm sorry, but I didn't take one I swear!"

Then to Spikes surprise Pinkie pulled him into a hug. She held him there for about a minute. She held him at hoof length and smiled at him.

"See you tomorrow okay?" She asked, tears lightly streaming down her cheeks.

Spike just nodded. After another short hug Spike left Sugar Cube Corner. He couldn't help but think about what Pinkie had whispered into his ear.

Spike I've been having this weird new Pinkie sense whenever I'm around you or Twilight. It's a new one so I don't know what it means just yet. All I know is that is involves the heart. I want you to act as normal as possible, okay? And I need you to know that I love you. And stay safe please.

"A new Pinkie sense, this can't be good." Spike thought. The Pinkie sense was a strong force and never wrong about anything. So if something bad was about to go down it was going down hard!