• Published 14th Aug 2017
  • 567 Views, 2 Comments

Tirek's Reform - Harratot33



Twilight Sparkle and her friends must prevent Stellas Spatium from enslaving Discord's dimension and the entire multiverse, once again using the famed Elements of Harmony to do so.

  • ...
 2
 567

Chapter 5 - Return to the Crystal Empire

"Spatium's most likely got some of his newly-recruited servants on our tails as we speak," Starlight Glimmer suggested (highly accurately!).

"Try as they might, I can almost guarantee they'll never find us here," said Discord. Lord Tirek was several feet away from the rest of the group, just staring into the white canvas that had seemingly plastered itself all over infinity. He had not spoken to anypony since they had arrived in the bizarre realm.

"How are we all goin' a sleep?" Applejack asked. "What are we all goin' a eat?"

"I can help," Discord replied confidently. "I can use my magic for good as well as chaos, you know." Using his powers, he caused a huge plate of daffodil and daisy sandwiches to appear. "Oh, silly me!" Discord said, facepalming for a moment. "I forgot that such dishes are not to the liking of dragons!" And he fashioned a plate of gemstones. "Where that faithful assistant of yours, anyway, Twilight?" Like Tirek, Spike and Rarity were not with everypony else; the pair were sitting next to each other in a different corner of the seemingly limitless space.

"What's on your mind?" Spike queried. "You look even more anxious and worn-down than the others."

"More than any anypony else," Rarity explained. "I'm worried about Sweetie Belle and her friends. They're only fillies, Spike," Tears were beginning the formation process in her eyes. "I doubt Spatium will have much use for them. And if he ever finds out about...their association with us...what if he--he--"

"Now, Now!" Spike was swift to console the unicorn. "Let's not jump to such conclusions. We are all gonna avert any more of Spatium's evil doings, remember? You'll see your sister again, and Applejack hers. And...everypony else! You'll see."

"I only hope your predictions are error-free," Rarity said. Spike put one claw on her flank. He wondered why Applejack was not showing as much concern as her friend. It's true, what they all say. Spike thought. Applejack cries on the inside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nopony could tell exactly how long a period of time they spent in the dimension. Twilight's pocket watch ceased to function to second they stepped hoof in there—according to Discord, this was a normality; strangely enough, not even he could tell how long they had been away.

"What if time works in a different way here?!" Trixie pointed out. "And each second we spend away from Equestria is equivalent to like a day there?"

"It can't be helped, I'm afraid," said Twilight.

"How are we all planning to defeat Stellas Spatium?" Rainbow Dash asked, as if this were far more important than worrying over inter-dimensional time zones.

"Can't you use the chest you used on me?" Tirek inquired, finally interacting with the group.

"That's impossible," Twilight said sadly. "The chest can only be utilised once."

"Surely the elements of harmony would be effective if Spatium himself were after them," said Applejack.

"Well, um...do we have a plan B?" Fluttershy questioned.

"We need a plan C, D, E, we need the entire alphabet!!" Pinkie squeaked.

"As beneficial as that would be," Twilight said, cracking a half-hearted smile. "We simply haven't time."

"I have an idea!" Starlight piped up. "Do you all remember Sunburst?"

"Your childhood friend who used his extensive knowledge of magic to help us restore the Crystal Heart?" Cadance remembered.

"Y'all think he can help us?"

"Absolutely!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Twilight Sparkle and everypony else are certainly not hiding in any of the lighter, non-evil dimensions," said Zecora to Granny Smith, Mayor Mare and Big McIntosh.

"Certainly not," Mayor Mare agreed. "But we cannot and shall not return to our master empty-hoofed. He'll be less than forgiving."

"What do we do?" Granny Smith was concerned.

"I was thinking," Mayor Mare continued. "I know this may sound crazy, but as much as I believe Spatium is brilliant and will make Equestria a better place, what gives him the right to refuse my ruling alongside him, as mayor of Ponyville? And...don't you all think...he can be a little...h...harsh, sometimes?" Now, if the elderly mayor of the small town thought the feelings of pure hatred and worry she harboured up until that point were troublesome...well, those feelings were increased probably hundreds of times when Stellas Spatium himself appeared out of nowhere in front of the light grey earth pony.

"Simple teleportation spell," he revealed.

"Err...what's...up?" Mayor Mare tried to fake a laugh, but under the circumstances that was close to impossible!

"You are!"

"Huh?!" The pony's trio of fellow recruited bounty hunters watched as Spatium used his magic to continuously move her off the ground and subsequently smash her back onto it, as if she were a toy he had been given to play with—the entire ordeal was reminiscent of a young child using a bouncing ball. There was an ear-splitting silence for some time after that. At last, Spatium wheezed:

"Spread the word! That's what happens to ponies who question my authority." And then he flew away. Out of curiosity, Big McIntosh trotted up to Mare and put his large head to her heart.

"Dead?" Granny Smith asked him. Another pause. Then:

"...as a piece of meat. And I can't say that's not what she was to Spatium."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you all don't mind me saying so," said Fluttershy. "I suggest before confronting Spatium we pay the Crystal Empire a visit."

"How right you are, my dear Fluttershy," Discord concurred. "After all, none of us know how long we've been gone."

"Discord's right," Twilight urged Cadance. "What if Shining Armour and Flurry Heart are in danger? Besides, Starlight," Twilight made a ninety-degree clockwise turn. "Sunburst lives there, and you can talk to him about becoming involved when the time to do battle Stellas Spatium comes."

"To the Crystal Empire it is then!" Discord exclaimed. "Hang on...I'll transport everypony..." He did just that, and in no time whatsoever the group found themselves standing not in the infinite emptiness of Dimension Nameless, but in the icy, albeit gorgeous, streets of Cadance's home.

"You're welcome," he sneered.

"HEY! YOU DIDN'T EVEN GIVE US A SINGLE SECOND!" Pinkie shouted in reply.

"Well, Spatium certainly hasn't been here," Cadance said gladly. "Everything's intact."

"Starlight and Trixie, I recommend you two go and see Sunburst and discuss your plans with him," Twilight suggested.

"Thank you," said Starlight, and her and the blue unicorn hurried off.

"Discord, will you go and see if all the residents are okay?" Discord hurried off. "Cadance, myself and my group of friends will see what's become of Shining Armour and Flurry Heart!"

"Well, what about me?" Spike could not help but feel disappointed Twilight had not included him in the "sorting things out" roster, as it were (Tirek could not care less!).

"These past...however long we've been must have been super stressful and tiresome for you, my number one assistant!" Twilight patted the baby dragon on his head. "You can go to the library and catch up on the latest issues of Power Ponies."

"Oh, Twilight," said Rarity. "I'm sure Spike would enjoy a little company while he reads; and I do have to admit, I've been very much feeling the effects of so much action and very little reading up on fashion recently."

"Oh, yes please, Twilight!" Spike begged loudly. "Please let Rarity come and keep me company." Twilight knew exactly what was going on Spike's head.

"Well...alright, then," she smiled. "We have more than enough ponies going to see Cadance's family." Everypony headed off to their unique spots without speaking a word to Tirek. He just sat and admired the utterly undeniable beauty of the place; he had never been to the empire previously.