• Published 14th Aug 2017
  • 562 Views, 2 Comments

Tirek's Reform - Harratot33



Twilight Sparkle and her friends must prevent Stellas Spatium from enslaving Discord's dimension and the entire multiverse, once again using the famed Elements of Harmony to do so.

  • ...
 2
 562

Prologue

One Thousand Years Ago...

"Stellas?" Luna called out to her brother. He was sitting by himself on the steps leading into the castle he shared with his sisters in the Everfree Forest. As he did every evening.

"Leave me alone," he whined. Celestia joined her sister.

"The Equestrian government just visited," she said. "They wanted to confirm your resignation as governor of the stars."

"That's...it's not like I wanna see anypony right now; you two keep telling rubbish I don't need to kn--"

"Stellas!" Luna was becoming more impatient. Celestia beckoned her to stop.

"They aren't too happy with you, either. They're very disappointed in you for refusing to use the magnificent power you've been given."

"Magnificent?!" Spatium's vocals were growing louder and crosser with every syllable. "Is that how you would describe governing the stars?! Something nopony gives a..."

"Stellas!" Luna interrupted. "This has been going on for far too long." She sighed. "You tell him, Celestia..."

"Ponies become allicorns when they are deemed worthy. Everypony who has ever become one has achieved great feats, been loyal, powerful...but most of all, is destined to use their magic to help other ponies and...cliché as it sounds, make Equestria a better place..."

"Oh..." Spatium was now grinning a foul-looking grin. "I can help with that!" He took out an ancient-looking book. It was slightly dusty, and even ripped; in fact, it looked as if it had been burned, but perhaps it had always looked that way. It was impossible for anypony to tell!

"Tell me that isn't what I believe it to be!" Luna cried.

"Stellas, have you been venturing to the restricted section of the Canterlot Library again?" Celestia asked.

"Well, that explains where he went gallivanting off to yesterday!" Luna said crossly.

"You both know I go gallivanting off quite a bit," said Spatium, enjoying himself now. "Yes, I've been studying dark allicorn magic. And now...I think I've finally mastered the spell I need to overthrow you both and rule everything. Not silly stars, no...it's not even really the sun and the moon I'm after. I mean ponies. Actual, real ponies. Observe!" Without warning, he generated a bolt of crimson unicorn magic and attempted to hit Celestia. He missed narrowly, and the two sisters fled into their castle, with Luna slamming the door violently behind her.

"We have to leave!"

"Agreed!" Celestia exclaimed. No sooner had she finished that simple sentence than Spatium was using more magic to destroy the castle itself! All the windows began to crack, as did all the walls. Eventually, hardly anything was left, and Celestia and Luna were exposed (and severely injured!).

"Now I've got you right where I want you!" Spatium laughed. Celestia watched in horror, too outraged at all that had she had just discovered about one of her own blood relatives to even open her mouth, as Luna underwent a gruesome transformation into one of the most grotesque beasts she had even seen: her horn grew taller and darker, her tail became transparent and entirely night-sky-blue; her black-and-white moon cutie mark was now purple and white, and oh...how her eyes changed! Celestia could hardly believe it!

Luna let out an ear-piercing laugh and the pair instantly went for Celestia. They were not able to reach her, however. Celestia had begun running the split-second her sister had turned into something so...nightmarish.

Nightmare Moon! Celestia decided in the privacy of her own thoughts. That's what I'll call Luna's horrific new form when everypony asks what's happened to her and Spatium. Celestia was rushing to the Tree of Harmony, also located in the forest. When she got there, to her total disgust, she found the pair who had been pursuing her had somehow got their first!"

"EVER HEARD OF TELEPORTATION SPELLS?!" Spatium gloated. Celestia put one hoof on her forehead.

" You are an idiot!"

"Oh, but you are!" Nightmare Moon's voice was nothing like Luna's whatsoever! "And now you will pay for that mistake!" Nightmare Moon and Spatium then began showering Celestia with jets of unicorn magic in an attempt to overpower. But she would not have that. She hit back, hard and fast!

"I didn't want to ever have to use these against anyone," she said strenuously. "But the pair of you have left me with no alternative!" And with that, Celestia seized the six elements before the other two had a chance; her horn glowed a lemon-like yellow, and they all whizzed around her body in a circular motion, forming a rainbow-esque pattern. Her wings raised, and her face grew sterner with every passing second. That same rainbow morphed into a humongous ball of light that engulfed the princess, who subsequently transferred it onto her horn, generating one huge ray of unicorn magic. It was too much for Nightmare Moon and Spatium.

"Noo...oooooooooo..." They both screamed simultaneously, and vanished in a matter of seconds. Celestia put her wings over her eyes and wept.

"I just want my true brother and sister back..."

Author's Note:

This story is a sequel to "The Coming of Stellas Spatium". In order to be understood and enjoyed fully, reading the aforementioned fanfic is recommended :)