• Published 11th Aug 2017
  • 293 Views, 3 Comments

A Day with Discord - Shippofan2k



A wacky adventure in a different world with Discord and my OCs Flare Spark and Sketch Melody

  • ...
 3
 293

Part 7

Author's Note:

A disclaimer: This story takes place before “Dungeons and Discord” and “What About Discord?”

The next part (Part 8) may or may not be the last part before I start on “An Adventure with Discord” Depending on how much I can come up with for Part 8. And I plan on coming back to the other parts and editing them while working on "An Adventure with Discord"

Anyway, enough rambling! I hope you all enjoy this part! X3

I do not own MLP it belongs to the overlords at Hasbro!!

The royal physicians were taking care of Discord’s wounds from the attack made by the shadow creature.

Asher sat on Sketch Melody’s right allowing her to use him as something to lean on; her body was still slightly drained from using a large amount of magic earlier before Queen Opal Song had jumped in, to help in the fight against the shadowy figure.

On her left sat Talon, who was sitting next to Queen Opal and sitting on her other side was king Obsidian, who was still in his Draconequus form. It was no use to keep up the earth pony disguise while in the castle anymore since countless creatures on his staff had seen him when he had been rushing with Talon to get Discord medical help.

All of them were waiting on the condition of the Lord of Chaos. All of them had been slowly growing nervous. This was understandable since they had been waiting for almost an hour, and no one had allowed them to go in and see him. Many thoughts were running through the unicorn mare’s mind.

Why had the shadow creature been hiding in the castle? If it had already taken the prince of this kingdom away, why would the shadow still be lurking around the castle if its objective was complete? If it wasn’t after the prince this time around, what did it want? None of it made sense, and details needed to be looked into. Which had meant that Sketch had to put her search for novel ideas on hold for now until they could figure this problem out properly?

“How much longer do you think they will be?” Talon inquired with a frown.
“We cannot rush the physicians work,” Opal Song gave a small smile, placing a comforting hoof on the Hippogriff shoulder. “Besides, they won’t let us in, especially since a certain someone tried to pretend to be a nurse.”
“That was only one time!” Obsidian pouted.
“And here we are now dear,” Opal replied, poking her husband’s nose.

Sketch Melody couldn’t help but let a small smile come to her lips at the Queen's remark. The Queen was right, they had to be patient and allow the physicians to do their jobs. Not long after, the group’s attention was drawn to the door of infirmary as it opened.

A pink Pegasus mare walked out, her white and purple mane up in a bun, Sketch attempted to sit up properly seeing the mare’s light purple gaze landed on her as soon as she approached. Obsidian got to his hooves, moving to stand next to the Pegasus, his attention on Talon and Sketch Melody.

“Sketch Melody, Talon, this is our head physician, Rosemary.” Obsidian introduced. “She is in charge of Discord’s recovery.”
Sketch nodded to the mare in greeting. “How is he?
“I believe that we should talk about this in Private Miss Melody.” The mare replied. “Since you seem to be the closest thing to a friend that he has while here,”
“I understand.” Sketch nodded, sliding off of the bench, she was sitting on and getting to her hooves.

The minute she hoofed touched the ground, she could feel her legs still shaking slightly, still struggling to keep herself steady. It took her a moment to get her bearings before looking at Talon, Asher and the royal couple giving them a smile before following the Pegasus mare inside the infirmary.

Sketch Melody followed closely behind the mare as they made it over to Discord’s room. He was sleeping, his head was bandaged and his claw was bandaged, most likely from when he was slammed into the wall in the dining room. Sketch Melody was lead over to a chair by Discords bed.

“I am going, to be honest with you miss Melody,” Rosemary told her. “Parts of Discord’s magic have been taken.”
“Taken?” Sketch’s eyes were wide.
“It could have also been sealed away, we are not sure.” Rosemary clarified.
Sketch took a deep breath to keep remain calm. “So… how much magic does he still have?”
“We are not sure,” Rosemary frowned. “We will have to wait for him to wake up.”
“Ok.” Sketch nodded. “So he doesn’t know yet.”
“Exactly, and we think you should tell him,” Rosemary answered. “He might take the news better from you since you are his friend.”
“Sure,” Sketch spoke. “I can do that.”

With that, Rosemary the room, leaving Sketch alone with the sleeping lord of Chaos, as the door to the room closed, Discord began to stir. She waited quietly watching him open his eyes.

“Ouch…” Discord mumbled, his eyes landing on his unicorn friend. “Sketch,”
“How are you feeling?” Sketch asked.
“Like Rarity when she chips her hoof.” Discord replied. “If I see that shadowy jerk again, I’m going to-!”
“Discord, before you do anything, There's something I need to tell you.” Sketch interrupted.
“And that would be?” He inquired.
“That creature took some of your magic.” Sketch informed him.

As soon as he heard that, discord began flashing through a myriad of expressions. At first, a wave of shock and fear had taken over him before washing away to reveal anger and frustration, his claw and his paw both beginning to curl into tight fists.

“Explain, now,” Discord growled, causing the unicorn mare to jump.
“That shadowy creature stole some of your magic when it hit you with that beam.” Sketch explained carefully. “You passed out after you hit the wall.”
“What else happened?” Discord inquired.

The lord of chaos was silent while Sketch Melody retold the events of what had happened after he had blacked out. Sketch also decided, waiting for Discord to process all of this information that she had given him. Slowly the anger and frustration the Draconequus was feeling had begun to dim, his mind focused on one thing and one thing only.

“Why did you guys come to my defense?” He inquired.
Sketch Melody blinked, confused by his response. “What do you mean?”
“Why did you protect me after I was defeated?” Discord asked. "You could have left me there and escaped."
Sketch Melody placed a hoof on his claw. “Because we’re friends, you said so before we all went to bed last night.”
Discord looked at her in disbelief. “I’m just..."

Sketch Melody could see that he was having a hard time trying to convey what he was thinking. She did not know Discord too well as a friend or acquaintance if she really had to think about it. The most she knew about him what she had heard in rumors and stories from back home, but what she did know for a fact was that he was and is very close with Fluttershy one pony out of the two who truly gave him a second chance at becoming good and caring for him with genuine kindness.

Sketch smiled. “I kind of get what you are trying to say.”
“You do?” Discord inquired.
“You and I literally just met each other yesterday,” Sketch told him. “I know a lot about you, but you don’t know much about me, so I can’t expect you to trust me right away.”

Sketch, using her magic to levitate a pitcher of chocolate milk and a cup over to Discord from a table not too far away from his hospital bed.

“But I want to show you that I can be a good friend.” Sketch smiled. “And that means having your back when you have mine.”
“Really,” Discord toyed with the cup in his paw. “Are you sure?”
“Of course,” Sketch replied. “And I hope you and I can become better friends along with King Obsidian, Queen Opal, Talon, and Asher.”
“I would like that,” Discord gave a small smile.

Sketch got to her hooves, giving her new Draconequus friend a hug, to which the lord of chaos happily returned.

“I think I’m ready to see the others now.” Discord spoke.
“I’ll have a nurse get them.” Sketch replied, getting up from her chair and going around the corner.

Moments later, as Sketch had just returned to her chair, as if on cue, Talon, Opal Song, Asher, and Obsidian had run over, their worried faces melting away into ones of relief.

“How are you feeling?” Obsidian asked.
“I'm sore, but I’ll live.” Discord answered with a grin.
“What did Doctor Rosemary want?” Talon inquired.

The air grew tense for a moment, Sketch and Discord’s smiles were now blank.

Sketch Melody looked towards the lord of chaos. “Do you want to tell them?”
“Tell us what?” Asher raised a brow.
Discord nodded. “The creature that attacked us, Stole some of my magic.”
“It stole your magic?” Obsidian’s face held an expression of guilt.
“Only some of his magic was stolen.” Sketch clarified.
“I shouldn't have hidden as I did.” Obsidian looked down at the floor. “If I had acted when you all did…”
“Don’t worry about it.” Discord told Obsidian. “I chose to fight that thing, and I plan on making it pay.”
“We all will,” Talon promised. “That is if you still want to find Prince Emerald.”

Discord let out a gasp of mock surprise. “Course I do!”
“It’s like we told you in the throne room,” Sketch smiled. “We can’t allow you guys to suffer or let your prince remain missing.”
“Even if it means working with General Sourpuss,” Discord snickered, getting a warning glare from Asher.
“Watch it,” Asher hissed lowly.
“Oh calm down Asher.” Obsidian chuckled.

Asher looked down, grumbling under his breath.

“Then I guess,” Obsidian spoke, “The first step is seeing what Discord can do with the remaining magic that he has left.”
An excited, chaotic grin made its way to the lord of chaos’ face. “This will be interesting.”