• Published 3rd Aug 2017
  • 835 Views, 3 Comments

Roseluck's Lucky Roses - RDDash



"Gardener", "Writer" and "Trickster". This is a story about a single day that might have happened. This is a story about the lives of 3 different mares.

  • ...
3
 3
 835

Chapter 1

An endless field full of roses, that was what the mare saw every single night all her life. Each of them has been red. Well, red and green mostly. The one secret ability that the earth pony did have is to take a flower from a dream and bring that flower into the real world. In this case, it was mostly roses, but it wasn’t restricted to other flowers. If the mare wished so she could just take a rose, on the next day when she would wake up the very same rose would show up in her special garden. This garden had been in the backyard of her house. Earth pony sighted, and they say Pinkie Pie was weird. only if everypony knew the truth about earth ponies, there will be mass panic.

The joined apple-pear tree that the Apples found in their orchard was no accident. Earth pony simply looked puzzled, in her head one single thought: After all of that, what they thought would happen? That type of magic was part of earth pony magic, and they should have known better. That silly feud, while segregating apples and pears something that was a natural likeness to order that Princess Celestia herself liked. Earth pony might as well thought that this obsession with the order was maybe a bit too much. Well, it was much too ordinary, and well, ponies lived in a land of magic and rainbows. Not the oh so boring magic-less land of humans. Yes, as much as Princess Twilight would like to keep this as a state secret, ponies did know all about humans and that damned mirror.

“Lyra, here girl, go fetch,” Roseluck said while she threw a random stick in a random direction. Lyra was the name of Roseluck’s dog. Roseluck still remembered the day when she requested a puppy from Fluttershy ‘s... Roseluck still wasn't sure what that place was. The shy yellow pegasus turned her house into a zoo, and she let animals push her around. That incident with veterinarian comes to mind. That day was a mess, and as the result, Ponyville got a proper animal sanctuary.

“The Horror! The Horror!” Roseluck softly chuckled, remembering her two best friends. “Yep, the horror indeed.”

Better continue to pretend dumb and ignorant. Roses has been her livelihood. Apparently, somepony at some point in time figured out that other ponies would pay a lot of bits for them, be it odd or even number. Even though Roseluck wondered how come the market for plastic flowers from Manhattan didn't kill off the boring variant, that would die out in water after about thirty or so days. That would be true if those roses were that ordinary, however.

Roseluck’s Lucky Roses. That's was the name of Roseluck’s small flower shop, as well as fancy catch phrase made to lure the customers. Roseluck’s Lucky Roses, our roses are truly magical. Would you like to buy a rose? A single wish of yours heart desires in exchange for the price of a single rose.

“Let's see, what to do, what to do?” Roseluck mumbled. Almost as if to find something to waste her time with, the earth pony dreaded. It has been like what, 12:30? The day was especially slow. It was almost like Celestia herself heard her criticism and made the day so unbearable. Something flashed, Sun fell from the sky, Poniville warped once again into an endless field of roses. Earth pony smiled, she was home. Somewhere out there Princess Luna cringed, a sky blue unicorn with hourglass cutie mark sneezed.

“It looks like everything is according to plan,” Roseluck murmured while looking at the nearby field. “I might need some assistance.”

Quickly the earth pony plucked the nearby rose. She then whispered something only she could hear. Almost instantaneously she quickly threw the rose to the ground. Flash of light, a sound like something scrape hooves on the board has been heard, a flower burned bright red, and then the flower is no more.

A cloud materialized in the sky. A cloud grew in size. it grew and grew until it stopped growing. In place of a cloud, there was a sky house, a very unique one too. A dazed sleepy looking Pegasus showed up. For some reason, she wore a butler uniform. Another flash of light and the ears became distinctly feline. Might have been strange at the time but that what master wished. Like if by some unknown command the pegasus started to perform her tasks that the earth pony assigned to her.

The story behind that strange phenomenon was quite simple actually, Rainbow Dash was one of the Roseluck’s customers. The filly simply wished to be accepted into Wonderbolts. The truth, as they say, anypony who wishes to join must have a college diploma, Rainbow didn't. The wish giving rose provided a solution, a shortcut. According to the clerk book in Roselucks possession a little filly named Scootalloo brought the rose too, her wish was to fly. Earth pony smiled at the thought Well I guess I can find her a nice maid uniform too, she would be cute in it.

“You can go, you are not needed for now,” said Roseluck.

“Yes, master,” said the Rainbow butler. Flash of light and then Pegasus disappeared, moments later a sky house vanished too.

“Alright, it's time to prepare for the next day, la la la la. The sky is blue, birds are chirping, it was nauseating” just the thought of that made Roseluck puke. The sky was, in fact, bright red, the moon was crimson red. At some point the thought of a sinlessly normal day would make her happy, but not anymore. Not since that day since she was so carelessly dumped here from another dimension.

She could still remember that fool who did that to her, his clone was still running nearby. Roseluck wiped his memories of course. There is no way she would allow him to know. That fool of the other fool would definitely try to interfere if he knew. It would seem it was a good idea to create a fake girlfriend for him, a clumsy bubble head mare.

“Now then on to next stage of the plan,” Roseluck went to the next field of roses. “This will be good opportunity to deal with that hard.”

Another day came. Roseluck woke up, stretched her head. In front of her was the very special rose, the very special one indeed. While the petals were still red there was some rainbow mixed in.

“Oh right, almost forgot to feed the dog, how foolish!” about 15 minutes later Roseluck went to her shop, opened the door and flipped the sign to Open. In front of her was her first customer for the day.

“Would you like to buy a lucky rose?” Roseluck smiled, in her hoof was the rose with rainbow petals.

“Why yes, that would be lovely,” beamed Colgate. Lightning flashed in the sky.

Author's Note:

Princess Luna and Colgate are going to be in the next chapter.

Roseluck's magical ability called "Gardener".


Thank you, everyone, for reading this chapter.