• Published 21st Jul 2017
  • 711 Views, 9 Comments

Memoirs: The Princesses of Equestria - Nugget



Despite their royal appearance, The Princesses of Equestria are normal ponies as well.

  • ...
0
 9
 711

Princess Celestia: Must Be Nice

Princess Celestia
“Must Be Nice”

Based on the song “Must Be Nice” by Nickelback


“You’re life is soooooo easy.”

“Oh, I bet all you get to do all day is sit around in your castle and be adored!”

“I bet you haven’t worked a day in your life!”

“So what is like having servants do all of your dirty work?!”

“Do you even lift a hoof? Or is that even too much work for you?”

“Your life is such a fairy tale!”

I bet you, the reader, can add more remarks to that list, however it doesn’t matter to me. I, Princess Celestia, have heard it all. From being called “lazy” to “stuck up,” and even “spoiled” or “privileged,” no new comment or term has slipped pass my ears from ponies I deem blind towards what’s actually going on behind the royal veil I developed over the years. In their eyes, I show them only mere perfection, an image of royalty or elite high class society. Your choice.

However, when I step behind that veil, turn in for the night or break away from the crowd of ponies, I lose that image of the “Perfect Princess.” I will occasionally freak out, cuss, throw a fit, or complain about anything related towards what the heck I just experienced. It’s “Unbecoming of a Princess,” but I’m not perfect. No pony in this world is perfect.

So where do I start?

Well, I guess it goes back to every single town hall meeting I have sat through for over two-hundred and fifty years. At first, they were a great way for ponies to meet up with their government officials so both sides can discuss specific issues and politics, in a civil environment, pertaining the Kingdom of Equestria. However, as time went on, it evolved from a conventional meeting to a debate floor, pinning officials, such as me, against the common ponies.

While the issues have varied over time, the attitudes from my fellow equines have remained relatively the same. Some will be nice and polite, trying to simply present their issue with sincerity towards me and my delegates, while other were, well, not polite, or to put into simple terms, rude. To them, they felt like they were entitled to having their issue resolved within a manner they felt was appropriate.

Oh, how I laugh at them for being so naive.

Of course I don’t do it in front of them, but in my head I’m uncontrollably giggling at them. I mean, their attitudes are quite amusing and bewildering at the same time. They seem to always think it’s smart to yell at their leaders over what they call an urgent matter. It seems doing so would get their problem resolved sooner or their message across clearer. However, they couldn’t be any more further away from the truth. Instead, their disrespectful attitude will usually end up getting them kicked out of the town hall or worse, depending upon what was said.

Oh, in case you were wondering, yes, I have thrown some ponies in jail for “Disrespecting the Crown or an Elected Official under Royal Court Rules.”

It has happened several times, and I don’t see it ending soon as well. On the other hoof, I sometimes understand their side of the issue as well. Some of them suffer from the problem at hoof, having it affect them for as long as they can remember. To which, in most cases, they see my weekly town hall meeting as a way to finally voice their concerns and let their stressful issue be known to the public.

All they want is a solution from me or my leadership, an answer and actions that would resolve their problems and make their own lives easier than it was before. However, it usually isn’t the case. I or my officials can’t solve every single problem coming out of those meetings. We try to do our best, but it occasionally doesn’t seem to satisfy whoever presented the problem in the first place.

Then as time goes on, they continue pressuring us into their demands. At that point, it could usually end up turning for the worse. The more we say something on the lines of “We can not help you,” the more impatient they grow since both sides clearly can’t see eye-to-eye. While I wish I could dig into their issue further than what is permitted by law, I wish those ponies could see my side of the issue as well. It’s complicated, but I will try to sum it up the best I can.

I can’t help you if the issue requires a solution that doesn’t seem possible.

I’ve always believed every single problem can be solved within reasonable manners. However, if a problem you present to me or my leadership does seem out there or ridiculous to solve, we might dismiss you almost immediately unless it’s thoroughly explained. If not, it doesn’t help out your case at all.

Then comes the hard part of the town hall meeting, throwing them out of the court. It’s usually at this time when their brutal honesty, on my leadership or me personally, would show. That’s when the insults from them are heard, and when I and my delicates would shake our heads in disappointment. They don't understand us.

We aren’t perfect. We can’t sprinkle magical, problem solving dust over all the issues coming to us. A lot of them take time to figure out and solve within a manner appropriate for the situation. However, some ponies don’t seem to have the time and patience to wait on my own decisions concerning an accord between me and the fellow pony. Instead, they freak out, throw a fit, cuss, and complain about the time it takes for their case to be resolved. That’s when I throw them out.

Afterwards, I sometimes leave the room for a moment, head towards a break room, sip some tea, and then do some complaining myself. Like I said, I’m not a perfect pony just because I wear a crown and call myself a princess. I have flaws and problems of my own, yet I sacrifice hours of my time, every single week, to help solve others. Why? It’s because I care about my ponies of Equestria.

I care, a lot, and wish Equestria could understand that, but I know is merely impossible to accomplish besides echoing my kind words over-and-over again throughout the centuries I live. So, it’s hard to get a message like that out to the ponies just by my mere words, therefore it seems to have fallen to the wayside as I focused upon other actions that showed my kindness.

One was setting up and running the town hall meetings.

It opened up the doors and allowed my beloved citizens to come in and talk to me within a common setting, but also allowed all their hate and anger to flow to me as well. I repeat, I have heard every single criticism, rant, and comment about the crown during those meetings. To which, they usually make out my or my sister’s Royal Veil to be nothing short of ignorant, stuck up, and daft.

....sigh.

It irritates me most of the time when I hear such words, yet I can’t seem to do a single thing about it outside of banishing them from the court. Yet, is there another way of showing them I’m not anything they make me out to be? Or should I just ignore it entirely since I must do what I can to maintain such a pristine role I play in society? To which, isn’t that condition proving their point about my role?

It’s questions like those that keep me pacing around my bedroom each night. While I have done all I can to try and resolve those questions proposed to myself, I again keep coming back to same answer as before; You do what you can do. I can’t solve everything, but I can do what I can to help while trying to show love and kindness to my little ponies of Equestria. It might not work out for some, but at least I tried to make it work out to begin with.


“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.” ― Theodore Roosevelt