• Published 10th Jul 2017
  • 849 Views, 3 Comments

Son of the Moon - Aurora Hope Healer



Based on the two songs "Son of the Moon" and "Children of the Night" and the MLP versions of them, follow Luna and her son, Moonlight Shadow, and the rest of the children of the night as they are recognized by the rest of Equestria.

  • ...
 3
 849

The Shadow of the Moon

It was a dark night when a gypsy mare prayed to the moon, unknowing if her desires would be heeded. Luna saw this each night and shook her head, knowing the pain that would be caused if this mare were married under moonlight. She would not aid the mare, but nor would she interfere. Eventually the gypsy mare married under the full moon, and bore a child under another full moon. The child was pale furred with bright blue eyes, and had the features of an alicorn, which was a blessing, or a curse... Thinking he had been betrayed, the stallion slayed the mare that bore the pale child and left the infant himself upon one of the highest mountains. Unbeknownst to the stallion, someone was looking out for the child.

Luna flew down and landed before the child, looking at him with compassion and sadness in her turquoise eyes. She sighed as she enveloped the young babe in her magic. "Be at peace, child." The babe looked at her with wonder. “We shall not harm you. We shall protect you.” Luna smiled softly as she nuzzled the infant colt. “Thou shalt be safe with us, our little Moonlight Shadow.”

Soon this would be told around the campfires of many gypsies as a warning to those who prayed for a child by the moonlight. But it would serve as a warning that not everything was as it seemed, and for one to not judge so hastily.

Author's Note:

Let me know what you guys think and I'll do what I can to shine some light on the matter. Have fun reading :D