• Published 26th Jun 2017
  • 2,471 Views, 34 Comments

A Gleaming Love - Prismfire Productions



It is the day after Twilight's and Rarity's wedding and the Princess of Friendship has awoken with a hangover. As things become clearer, events were set in motion that have an impact on her, will she and her loved ones adjust?

  • ...
16
 34
 2,471

A Gleaming ray of Hope

Around midnight Gleaming woke up from a restless slumber, dark and terrifying thoughts had played a large part in that. Each of the nightmares involved Twilight not being able to find a cure, permanently leaving Gleaming a mare and losing all she held dear to her in the process. Gleaming was wondering what had woke her, but was thankful to find Princess Luna standing at the foot of the bed, looking at her.

"Princess Gleaming…” Luna’s voice was soft, like a mother calming her foal, and did wonders to ease Gleaming’s tension. “may I have a word with you, mare to mare?”

"Yeah,” Gleaming said as she stretched, silently thankful she did not have to deal with a… “certain issue” that she normally had whenever waking up as a stallion. “I suppose so since I am up. On that note, why did you wake me up since I was fast asleep? Cadance wanted me to relax this week, and I was trying to catch up on some shuteye."

"No you weren't,” Luna said as a little annoyance seeped into her tone. “you were asleep to the point you were dreaming, but you weren't fully in a deep asleep. Actually, the reason I woke you up kinda deals with that... since it seems that you forgot that I can see and enter dreams. You were having a nightmare about being stuck as a mare, and if you try and deny it, I swear I will go wake up Applejack to call you out."

Gleaming flinched, knowing that she had been caught redhoofed before looking away with a sigh. "Ok fine, you got me, I was having that dream. I trust my sister, really I do, but some part of me just can't come to terms with this whole scenario. I am scared Luna, and I hate to admit this, but this is the highest level of fear I have ever felt. I have fought Sombra, Discord, and Chrysalis… but all those pale in comparison to how I feel now."

Luna nodded in understanding as she draped a wing around the unicorn mare. "That is because you suddenly got put out of your comfort zone, you were born and have lived your whole life as a male. For now you are female, so it is going to take some time getting used to your new form so your brain is in overload trying to adjust. I will admit, you are handling this better than a lot of stallions would, at least you haven't gone into hiding."

“Nearly the same speech Cady gave me…” Gleaming chuckled as she pressed against Luna’s side, enjoying the warmth the Princess of the Night’s fur and wing was giving her, like a thick quilt but nicer. "You also know good and well my pride wouldn't accept that, but I have noticed something strange, it feels more comfortable talking to Twily now."

"Well part of that is because your ego has been shot a bit,” Luna said in a playful tone, giggling at the pout Gleaming was giving her. “but another thing is now you two share a SISTERLY bond. I am sure it will pull the two of you closer together as siblings when you get returned to normal."

"Whenever that may be Luna…” Gleaming was fighting hard not to give into the swirling maelstrom that was trying to consume her mind. The longer she fought, the more it seemed to close in, but in the blink of an eye something clicked. In her mind's eye, her horn brightly glowed as the raw feeling filled her of all the compassion her family had for her fired a beam at the maelstrom. The darkness let out an angry cry then vanished, making everything clearer for her.

Twilight and Cadence, the two mares closer to her than anypony, were in her corner backing her up. Their own horns were glowing with magic, but the gentle beams coming from them swirled and blended into one, and was the source of the feeling that had given Gleaming the extra boost she needed. Right as Gleaming was about to give the two alicorn projections a hug, the one that had been talking to her snapped her back to reality.

“Gleaming?” Luna asked as she slightly shook the dazed mare, concern now adorning her muzzle. “You alright? You zoned out for a few minutes…”

“Yes I am,” Gleaming replied with a bright smile. “I just worked out a few things in my brain and I think it is best that I show my appreciation better.”

“Indeed so… now sleep." As soon as Luna said that, her horn glowed and Gleaming instantly fell back asleep, but was in a peaceful slumber the rest of the night. She hated to be so rude, but a nightmare had grabbed her attention and she had to deal with it, making a mental note to apologize later. The next morning, Gleaming awoke to find Twilight had already prepared breakfast.

"Awe Twily, you did not have to make me breakfast." Gleaming said sitting down across from Twilight after entering the room. “I am more than capable of fixing my own, but I appreciate it.”

"Yeah sis I did, I had to show that I really do accept your apology, especially since I haven't found a cure yet." Twilight said sounding defeated, but forced a smile on her features. ”However, I promise to not give up until I do! Don’t lose hope yet BSBFF.”.

Gleaming smiled herself, but unlike Twilight’s, hers was genuine.” Take your time Twily so you don't overwork yourself since you have so many other things to do, I'll manage until then."

Twilight then jumped across the table to hug her sister. "Thank you so much, I promise I will do everything I can."

"You already have..." Gleaming said as she held her sister close, just then they were interrupted by Cadance appearing out of seemingly nowhere.

"Glad to see both my niece and my wife in better spirits.” Cadance said as she pulled the siblings in for a hug. “I got some good news, I finally got everypony's schedules rearranged so pack your bags you two, we are going to a spa that is for royalty only. We shall meet Luna and Celestia there, and they bringing their foals along as well."

It was like a bomb dropped. Both Twilight and Gleaming fell silent and their eyes widened as they stared at the Princess of Love like she had committed an infidelity."SINCE WHEN DID THEY HAVE FOALS!?"

"Since before Auntie Lulu’s banishment.” Cadance said as if it was no big deal. “You will see who they are when we get there, and trust me, it will surprise you just as much as it surprised me."

With that, Gleaming and Twilight jumped up from the table and began to pack. As they both rushed to get their things in order, one thought ran through both of their minds:

”Who were Celestia and Luna’s foals?”

Author's Note:

I am not going to lie... I was not feeling 100% while doing this, so sorry this was so short. This will be my last update for some time (see my blog post semi-retirement for the reason why.) However, I do have a long-term project I am going to code name Stormbringer that I will be slowly working on as I feel up to it. Take care!

Want to support me on Patreon? You can find me here.