• Published 26th Oct 2017
  • 224 Views, 0 Comments

My Family - Woody Hooves



This is a story I made for my friends, whom I call family.

  • ...
 0
 224

The Wood Shop

Woody was a simple pegasus who had a talent in crafting wooden items like furniture. He had brown coat that gave a warm feeling towards others, and light brown mane so whenever he smiled it was openly shown to everypony. He was a carpenter who owned his own wood shop down in the city. He really didn't like the city. There were too many cars driving back and forth and many ponies walking around doing their daily things.

He woke up early in the morning, and drove to his shop in his dark brown car. He parked in a free parking area in a park that was in the middle of the city around where his shop was located. He often met his friends at the park when he went out for a walk. He got out of his car and walked over to his shop as he got out his keys to open the door. As he opened it, he could instantly smell the scent of wood in the air of the shop. He breathed deeply once, and went in as the door closed behind him with a ring of a small bell on the top of the door. He could feel the warm air as he was walked towards the counter, as if he was snuggling under a mother's wing. He turned on the light and the whole shop was brightened. The wooden furniture revealed it's selves, reminding Woody of all the work he had done to make them.

He went to the back of the counter and opened another door, which led to his workshop where everything was actually made. There were tools neatly placed on the tables, some hanging on the walls, and wooden planks and blocks in the storage. Woody stretched his brown wings and took a deep breath. "Another day to get started." He groaned quietly. "Alone..." He rarely got any customers come to the shop, so Woody spent all day alone. He did sometimes walk around in the park after lunch and met some of his friends there, who also worked in the city. It was nice to know that he wasn't completely alone in the huge city full of buildings and cars. When he was in his shop, he sometimes called his family to see how they were doing.

Woody had a big family, so he lived in a big house with a lot of ponies together. Just like Woody, some ponies had their jobs to support the family needs, and some other ponies went to school to study. He often closed the shop and went home early, and helped his sisters with their studies, even though he himself wasn't good at teaching. But he always did his best to help his family.

He put his bags down onto the floor, and got out a simple book he liked to read. The series 'Daring Doo' was his favorite, and he always carried a book to read while he stayed in his shop. He put it onto a table that was only half finished, and looked around to see what he had to do. "Table and two chairs... a bookshelf..." he mumbled to himself, trying to make a quick schedule in his mind on what he had to do today. He mumbled to himself a lot. It became a habit since he stayed most of his time alone in the shop. After making a schedule, he took out the tools he needed and started to get to work. He had to make a bookshelf for a friend of his, John Hunter.

John was a kind and a great friend of Woody. He worked in a library in another city, but it was a bit far away for Woody to walk there. Instead, he sometimes drove there on weekends to visit him, just to see how he was doing. He sometimes went to the library to borrow another book to read, so whenever he did they always met each other there. He recently told him that he needed a bookshelf in his house to put all his books away, so Woody decided to make him one.

After a few hours, he finally finished making the bookshelf. It was a bit bigger than he thought, but he knew John would like it. He put the bookshelf to a wall where it made it visible so he wouldn't forget to give it to him. He then walked out of his workshop, going back to his counter way at the back side of the shop. Nopony was there. He let out a groan, and thought that he should've got a better job than this. Then he remembered his father.

Woody had a close relationship with his father. They always did something together, and it always brought them closer. His mother was very happy to see that her son and her husband was getting closer everyday. They spent most of their time crafting things out of wood. They made simple things like chairs, tables, and even some toys to give to an orphanage, where his father had a close friend there. Woody sometimes goes there from time to time to see how the young ponies were doing. The ponies in the orphanage liked him a lot, since he did a lot for them. He made tables for them, played with the young ponies there, and even taught them how to carve things out of wood.

He also remembered his sister, Winter Star. Winter Star was also a pegasus like Woody. She had bright white coat that made her bright and positive, and long light blue mane that made her look beautiful with her bright colors. It made Woody's days brighter whenever he saw Winter around. They always cheered each other up when the days got hard, and it always kept them close together as a family. When they were young they played together a lot, and they were always nice to each other. Woody was happy to have a sister to take care of, and Winter was glad to have a big brother who loves her too.

Their father however passed away from being ill. It was hard for both of them, especially Woody, since he died when he was only 9 years old, and their mother was very ill. Winter was only 6 years old at the time, so she didn't really know what was happening. Woody had to explain it to her a few months later, and it hurt both of them. They've been silent for a while since. After their father's death, Woody continued to learn how to make things with wood on his own while taking care of Winter. He slowly started selling things to support his family. Their mother was all better now, but he knew years were passing by and that he and his sister should be ready to let her go when the time comes. He kept his emotions to himself, but every time he came to the wood shop and opened it up, he couldn't help but remember his good times he had with his family. He missed it all dearly.

He snapped back to reality and sat on a chair he made for himself behind the counter. The first thing he felt when he sat down to relax, was boredom welcoming him as if it was waiting for him. He stared out the window and saw ponies walking on the city streets and cars passing by with busy ponies on it going to their work.

Author's Note:

This was my first fanfic I post on Wattpad. I just brought it up to FimFic cuz why not? If you see any grammar or spelling mistakes I'v made please tell me so I could correct it. Hope y'all like it!

^u^/)