• Published 28th Aug 2018
  • 2,450 Views, 18 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: Tortured Soul - The REAL Mister Pkmn



A Good Celestia meets an immortal human that she has to convince that she's not like the other Celestias he's met before...

  • ...
8
 18
 2,450

The Sixth Convetion

The next morning arrived as Celestia finished her breakfast for the day. Thoughts of how her ponies were keeping her a bit preoccupied however. She knew that Luna was keeping an eye on them, but she couldn’t help but worry. She was jolted out of her musings by a knock on the door. She went towards it, and opened it with her magic. Tortured was standing there, an unamused look on his face. "Ah, rested well, I see? Not that it matters." He sighed. “Let’s get this over with.” He led the way as she followed.

She gathered that something was bothering him, most likely that she had passed as many tests as she had with flying colors. She knew better than to try and ask him about it, though. She did try and ease the tension in the air, though. “This building. Quite exquisite, yet also simple. The mix in design is astounding. I never thought it possible…”

Tortured let out a dry chuckle. “Please. This old place? Been around for over a thousand years, it has. Only had to refurbish it a few times.” He shook his head. “Nothing compared to some of the places I’ve seen, though.”

Celestia tilted her head to one side, but reconsidered asking what he was talking about. After all, he was only likely to brush her off like last time. She noticed that the path that they were taking was a bit different. Off to one side was a pair of double doors that led to what appeared to be a library from what she could see through the slightly ajar door. Tortured noticed how she had stopped in front of it. He sighed and shook his head. “Listen, we’re not here to have you side-tracked.” He noticed the look on her face. He pinched his temples. “Pay attention, would you? We’ve better things to be doing. I won’t be letting you wander around unattended. Come along.”

Celestia gave a solemn sigh as she fell in step behind Tortured as they continued on towards the Oval Office. It wasn’t much longer before they found themselves there. However, this time there were a lot more members of the Secret Service in the room. One of them came towards them, and addressed Tortured. “Mr. President. The telepad is out for repairs today. Would you like to board Air Force One to get where you are going today?”

Tortured gave a dry chuckle. “Sure, for old times sake.” He turned towards Celesita, an unreadable look on his face. “You’re in for a treat. It’s not often that I bust out Air Force One.” He turned towards the doors, a small smile growing. “Let’s get going.”

After following Tortured through a few more hallways, they found themselves out in an open field in front of a magnificent machine that Celestia could hardly comprehend. It looked to be designed like some kind of giant metal hawk, though the resemblance was quite abstract. She turned to look at Tortured. “We’re going to get there using that?”

Tortured gave a strange smile. “A beauty, isn’t it? Come. The hyper flight engines are almost ready.” He walked on, and Celestia followed quickly soon after. They went up a staircase that connected to one of the outside doors, and went inside. The door closed behind them, and Tortured motioned for Celestia to sit on the couch as he took a chair on the other side of the room. After Celestia sat down, Tortured pressed a button on the wall and spoke. “Engage take off. Our next stop: the city of Las Vegas.”

Celestia took a look outside the window as she felt the mighty machine lift into the air. She saw for the first time the world of the humans as it flew past. Their capital was immense! All those tall structures, far larger than they had any right to be. It was also the first good look at the place that she had been kept in. Unlike her expectations, the White House was not the largest building in the area. It was a much different style from the surrounding city, commanding a certain air of respect. Celestia turned to look at Tortured once more, confusion apparent on her face. “That is where you had me kept? Why is it so… different from the surrounding buildings?”

Tortured scoffed as he rolled his eyes. “Those skyscrapers are new. Just built a few years back. The White House has looked the same for centuries. People would be rather upset if it was remodeled from the classic look. You could say that it’s become quite iconic. Sure, the inside can be redecorated all the time- save for a few rooms- but nothing will save you if you try and change the outside look of it.”

Celestia raised an eyebrow. “I had thought you would not have answered, and yet you did. Why?”

Tortured gave a shrug. “That question is one that I find insignificant. I could have let you find out yourself, or just answer you myself. Practical that I am, I chose the latter.” It was then that they noticed the airplane pickup speed. Tortured smirked. “Hold onto something. It’s time… for hyperflight.”

Celestia gripped the arm of the couch as the plane lurched forward at insane velocity. It took a moment to adjust, but the sensation was really something else. But only a few minutes after the “hyperflight” began, the plane slowed down. Celestia looked out the window, and saw a different city. This one was chock full of casinos, bars, and hotels as far as the eye could see. The plane set down, and Tortured stood. Celestia followed suit and they made their way out the door and down the stairs that had been attached. A crowd had gathered, anticipating what this new test would bring. Celestia turned towards Tortured, a bit confused. “Why this place?”

A grin appeared upon Tortured’s face. “Simple.” He snapped his fingers, and a suitcase appeared from thin air. He opened the suitcase to reveal hundreds of green bills- somewhat akin to the griffon’s paper money. He explained. “Your test today involves the use of all this money however you please within a time limit of 6 hours. Once the time is up, you should bring the suitcase back, along with any extra funds you’ve acquired. Ready?”

Celestia grasped the suitcase with her magic. She took a careful look as to how much she had been given- roughly two hundred stacks of two hundred high of “Five Hundred Dollar” notes. She ran the numbers, and she had just been handed a fortune of 20 million in their money. The question was, what was she expected to do with it? What should she do with it? After taking a deep breath, she nodded. Tortured smirked. “Let the challenge… begin!”

Celestia started taking a look around the city, getting a good feel for it first. Some of the crowd had followed her, curious as to what she would do, but Celestia didn’t seem to mind. After a while, she started to notice some people upon the streets with worn clothes. Instead of approaching them openly, she would go in while each was distracted by somebody else and place half a stack of 500s in their pail. After doing this for all the destitute that she managed to find across the city, her total had dwindled to 5 million. She hadn’t really noticed the time, but it had flown as she had been on her escapade. 3 hours remained. She looked around the city for a while longer, until she found an orphanage. She saw that it was in sub-par shape, and she went towards it. She found a slot in one of the walls, with the words: “Place donations here” etched above it. Knowing what to do, Celestia carefully put the rest of the fortune through the slot. Once the suitcase was empty, a light on it glowed green.

It didn’t take much time for Celestia to make her way back to find Tortured. When she showed him the empty suitcase, his smug look melted. “Interesting… so you gave it all away.” He looked to those that followed her, and then to the suitcase. Your witnesses confirm it with their eyes, as does the suitcase with its hidden camera. You are one of the few to pass this test so flawlessly…” Celestia gave a smile, and Tortured sighed. “Ask your question, then.”

Celestia thought on it for some time before asking what she had been wondering about. “Who were you, back in your home world?”

Instead of a ready answer, Tortured remained silent for a while. He eventually sighed, shaking his head. “Doesn’t matter now. I was… royalty. King of Humanity, I called myself. But those days are passed. Those people that I ruled are gone, like ripples on a pond.” He turned away. “We are leaving.” He led her back to the plane. They boarded, and silence ruled as they flew back to D.C.. Once they landed back in D.C., he addressed her as they returned into the White House. “You have been surprising so far. But you’ll recall your fate. I’ll allow you to peruse my book series, only through the ones that have faced the four tests you have, or less. Tomorrow, though.” He addressed the secret service guards. “See that she gets rest. I’ve business to attend to.”

Celestia looked towards the strange man as she was dragged away, a single thought in her mind. Why is it that I feel I know you?

Author's Note:

The time approaches...