• Published 17th May 2017
  • 319 Views, 0 Comments

We Need You To Survive - Muei-Tou



A pony named Giga-bit is sent back in time to stop a disaster from happening to Equis before everything is lost in his future.

  • ...
 0
 319

Burden

Darkness greeted the young stallion after having waken up. Beneath him he could feel the silky soft texture from the sheet he laid upon, At first his thoughts purged his mind of how soft the bedding felt after having slept on deprived mattresses for so long that it felt foreign to him for the most part, but on the other hoof it was one of the things he admired. He wish he could of continued snuggling into the bed more but he had more pressing matters, which involved where he was located.

The stallion finally decided to open his eyes after being closed since he awoke. When he finally did what greeted him was darkness surrounding him from all directions. The Stallion's eyes quickly closed over an over again hoping for the scenery to change, instead no matter how many times he did the same scenery was always there. He began to go over all sorts of theory's of what was happening, but it was fruitless even trying if he had no memory to shine light on the situation so he went to the next best thing and that was to go trot into the darkness hoping he would find out the answer to his question.

He grabbed the thin sheet that was covering his body and carefully put it off to the side ready to sit up on the side of the bed. When he was up right he decided to do a quick observation of his status making sure there was nothing out of the ordinary wrong with him. After doing a quick run down he noticed that his left hoof was missing his PDA (Personal Date Assist) mini quadcom. Fear begun to creep in since he never went anywhere without his quadcom because without it he had nothing to control his equipment. He didn't have a idea what to do next until he remembered his prototype glass lenses in his glasses were an alternative backup in case of situations like this were to happen. They were not the best by any means, but they will suffice for the moment. So after turning them on he quickly noticed that the little mini map on his HUD was not receiving any feed back from the satellite circling Equis, but luckily everything else seemed to sync up nicely displaying live feed back of his vitals and limited equipment the glasses were able to run with such a low ram output.

He was ready to head out and begun his trotting toward the obis after having everything situated. Every hoof forward lead him deeper into the darkness until to the point he was no longer able to see the bed he awoke from. He trotted for a good 45 minutes without seeing anything new change over the course of him deciding to leave the comfy bed and it was starting to concern him a bit. He was so sure there had to have been away out of here, but now he was not so sure now. Maybe...maybe he should of stayed put but on the other hoof what if nothing happened. Their was no way how long he would have been there if he stayed. So this was the only best course of action he had to chose from, "Right...?"

The hope the stallion had quickly started to chip away piece by piece after wandering endlessly in the darkness with no way out of this lunar forsaken prison, was this the end the stallion spoke to himself after some horrible disaster he survived, but for some reason he couldn't place his mind on what that was, for whatever reason when he tried to remember pain would suddenly strike all of a sudden. Even if he couldn't remember what that disaster was he was damn sure that he played a major role in it. Now all he had to do was remember. All of a sudden when he was forcing himself to remember that important event his HUD displayed a dot near by his position knocking him out of his memories to see what his HUD located.

When he seen the dot the hopelessness quickly vanished being replaced by happiness since that dot turned out to be his mini quadcom. He was going to question why all of a sudden it popped up, but decided to toss that thought to the curve. The stallion quickly sprinted in the direction hoping to reclaim his belonging. After trotting over to the location he begun to slow his pace after seeing his possession a few hoof steps away. Wanting to reclaim his device he started heading forward until all of a sudden something unexpected happen the darkness that was everywhere started to change over to the underground bunker he called home into ruin's with ponies he seen day in an day out now laying dead on the ground until he reached the main lab where the others were creating a time manipulator to go back in time to stop this nightmare from ever happening and maybe just maybe live a normal life without having to fight through each day wondering when the last day was going to be their last.

The stallion quickly shakes the thoughts away now more focused he started to trot up the stairs where the time manipulator and his quadcom resided at. When he reached the top and was ready to head over to his quadcom a shadowy figure appeared out of nowhere quickly grabbing him in a hold and quickly trotting toward the time manipulator.

"Giga Bit I'm glade your alive and I wish I had more time to explain the details, but right now all you need to know is that your our last hope for saving every pony in this bunker and for the rest of the others on Equis...Trust me when I say this, I would have gone back and stopped all of this myself and would have told you to run to the escape route far away from here but as you can see I'm pretty badly wounded probably going to die at any second now since how much blood I've lost *Coughs harshly* You've got to take my place Giga Bit an finish what we started your the only pony here that's not died an the others are holding there lines so I could use this time manipulator. So...so sorry it had to come down to this but your the only pony close an has been briefed on how to stop this from happening."

The shadow pony figure tossed me into the tube and trotted toward the controls to the device, but before the shadow pressed the button it hastily tossed me my quadcom before the glass tube sealed up before I knew it electricity filled the tube and the last thing I seen was the shadowy figure being pierced by another creature splattering blood on the tube. "Good luck, Giga Bit," was it's last words. Then everything went dark.