• Published 28th Apr 2017
  • 603 Views, 15 Comments

Story of a Monster - King of Madness



The memoirs of one of Equestria's greatest fiends.

  • ...
2
 15
 603

Punishment for a Monster

I can't move. My body is frozen in place. They... They must have found the Elements of Harmony and turned me to stone. No matter. Any moment now, those chaos seeds I planted will grow and plunge Equestria into chaos themselves; allowing me to escape.


What is taking so long? Why aren't those seeds working? Celestia and Luna have already turned the world back to it's old boring ways and they've put me in this garden. Nothing is happening here. It's as peaceful and non-chaotic as can be. It's driving me crazy! Obviously, they put me here to keep me from absorbing nearby chaos, but it won't matter. The seeds will grow soon enough.


I never expecting being turned to stone to be comfortable, but this is excruciating! All of my power being cooped up in this stony prison is torture! And the CONSTANT, HARMONIOUS, UNCHANGING PEACE that I am FOREVER surrounded by is even worse! Is this my punishment then? To stay here for the rest of eternity?!

...Calm down, Discord. Calm down. No point in panicking in your own mind.

Okay... Obviously, the Tree of Harmony still has enough magic in it without the Elements to keep my chaos seeds from growing. I have no idea how long it will last, but it certainly isn't happening fast enough! I WANT OUT OF HERE!


Celestia is all alone now. My eyes may be sealed shut but I can still see. I can sense everything around me. Therefore, I know about Nightmare Moon. I can't imagine how Celestia must feel. Banishing her own sister to the moon for a thousand years... I just wish I was out of here so I could laugh in her face. No matter; Celestia won't last long.

Luna was the only other immortal that Celestia could call a friend. Anyone else she tries to connect to will die in due time. Unless, of course, she happens to find that one special student before I can get out. I wish I could say that there is no way that could happen, but I don't know anymore. I... I think this prison is getting to me. I... I'm scared.


I have no idea how long I've been stuck like this. I've lost all sense of time. Ever since the defeat of Nightmare Moon, Equestria has been at peace. Has it been decades? Centuries? Millennias?! No... No, not millennias. Luna hasn't returned. I have to remember that. It's the one thing that tells me about time. It's the only thing I have right now. I just... wish that something would attack Equestria. It doesn't even have to release me; just give a little bit of chaos! Just a little?! PLEASE?! I... I... I think I'm losing my mind. I suppose that's karma for driving all those little ponies insane. I deserve all of this really, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!


I... I feel like they've... broken me. I've tried everything. I've tried to retreat into my own mind, but it's too filled with my magic. I've tried to corrupt the ponies that pass by, but I have no strength left. I've tried to wait for Luna to tell me how long it's been, but she hasn't...... Wait.

Luna? You're back?! So, the thousand years have passed for you. And I'm still here. Well, at least I know the time, but now there's nothing left for me.


The Elements... The Elements have picked new owners! I can sense it. The Element of Magic... Twilight Sparkle. The Element of Honesty... Applejack. The Element of Generosity... Rarity. The Element of Laughter... Pinkamena Diane Pie. The Element of Kindness... Fluttershy. The Element of Loyalty... Rainbow Dash.

I... I can feel my power returning. Chaos... Unrest... It's returning to Equestria. It's not much, but maybe...


Ah, another little field trip. I've always loved kids. They're so... unpredictable. So reckless. And, at this moment, useful. If I can just get a little bit of my magic out...

Yes, three of them are arguing. Just a little more... They're fighting. It's... It's working! I can feel the stone cracking!

Ahahahaha! Watch out, Equestria. Discord is back!