• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 1,005 Views, 7 Comments

Nearly Drowned: An AppleDash Story - Goat Carnival



Applejack falls in love with Rainbow Dash while they're in the hospital

  • ...
 7
 1,005

Chapter 5: Too Late

"We're losing them!" one of the doctors shouted from the other room.

"Get something to help them!" another doctor exclaimed.

Twilight just stood outside, pacing back and forth. She had received word from the doctors that Applejack and Rainbow Dash's heart rates were close to flatlining, and she wanted to be there to see if there was anything she could do, but it sounded like it was too late.

The doctors went silent and walked out of the room. Twilight could tell by the expressions on their faces that her friends were gone.

Before she knew it, Twilight was by the river where she found her two friends' broken bodies. Instead of the bodies, there were only two graves with three red apples on one and a cloud with a lightning bolt made up of the three primary colors.

"Why…" she sighed. "Why couldn't they save them? Why couldn't… I save them?"

"There wouldn't have been anything you could have done," a new pony said. Princess Luna came walking down from the moon in front of Twilight.

Twilight wiped the tears from her face and tried to hold back more. "They can't be gone..."

"They're not," Luna said.

"Of course, a dream," Twilight sighed. "If there's anything I highly dislike, it's the fact that my dreams torture me with the death of my friends when they're practically on their deathbeds right now!"

"They're fine, trust me," Luna assured.

Twilight looked down at her hooves. "Tell me… how are they doing?"

"Rainbow Dash has yet to wake up, and I just came from Applejack's nightmare."

Twilight sighed. "I wish I could have been there with them when they went to the river." She smiled slightly. "But then I guess they wouldn't be able to realize their emotions to each other."

Luna chuckled. "They do make quite the couple."

"Is Rainbow having dreams?" Twilight asked after a while.

"Well... kind of," Luna sighed. "It's just the events of the river incident over and over again. It's more of a memory than a dream."

"I knew someday that pony would get seriously hurt like that. This isn't like the time she hurt her wing, she could die."

"She's going into surgery tomorrow," Luna revealed.

"What?!" Twilight exclaimed.

"I fear for her as much as you, but it's highly likely she'll make it out. She's strong."

"I hope you're right Luna..." Twilight sighed as the dream faded out around her. "I hope you're right."