• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 1,006 Views, 7 Comments

Nearly Drowned: An AppleDash Story - Goat Carnival



Applejack falls in love with Rainbow Dash while they're in the hospital

  • ...
 7
 1,006

Chapter 4: Applejack's Dream

Applejack walked along the riverside. It was dark and windy. She looked in front of her, and before her stood a brilliant cyan mare with a rainbow mane. She rushed towards her, excited to see the mare up and about, but she stopped. The mare suddenly vanished through the trees behind her.

"R-Rainbow Dash!" Applejack stammered. She ran straight through the trees, looking everywhere for her friend. She finally found her on the riverbank. "Rainbow, you have no idea how happy I am to see you awake and..." Suddenly, Rainbow Dash was on the ground, bleeding. "No!" Applejack rushed to her friend's side, crying over the unmoving body.

"Applejack," a new voice said.

"Whuh- who was that?" Applejack asked, looking around.

"Don't worry, Applejack, it's only me." Princess Luna came walking through the trees.

"Luna! Thank goodness you're here! Something's wrong with Rainbow Dash!"

Luna sighed. "Oh, Applejack, this is merely a dream," she explained.

"Only a dream?" Applejack said. She was both relieved and worried. Relieved because she didn't really witness the horrible event that had caused Rainbow Dash to become so beaten, but worried because this dream could mean so much for what's happening in the real world.

Luna walked up to Applejack and lifted her face to look at hers. "This time of distress troubles you more than it does your friends."

"How'd you know?" Applejack asked.

"Your nightmare was the strongest emotionally," Luna said. "I wonder, why is yours so different?"

Applejack sighed. "Rainbow Dash saved my life, and in doing so awoke some new emotions I've never felt before, but I'm afraid to admit them. I also can't help but feel guilty for all this physical pain I caused Rainbow Dash. If I hadn't taken her with me to get the water, she wouldn't have fallen in after me…"

"And you wouldn't be alive," Luna finished. "You don't have to feel guilty, it was an honest mistake. And as for those new emotions," she continued, "you should be willing to admit them. These emotions shouldn't make you any less of a pony."

Applejack nodded and sighed. "May I spend the rest of my dream with Rainbow Dash but… alive?" she asked.

Luna nodded, and using her magic, replaced the motionless body of Rainbow Dash with a clean, healthy version of her.

"I can't thank you enough, Princess Luna," Applejack said. She ran off through the trees after Rainbow Dash.

Luna smiled and turned around. She headed into the trees and disappeared in the night.

Author's Note:

I know I don't do Author's Notes, but I figured it's best to point out that I wanted this chapter to teach a lesson. If you have a reputation for being tough and only caring for yourself, don't be afraid to admit when you develop romantic feelings for another. Embrace it, and wether that person loves you back or not, it shouldn't matter, just don't be afraid to show romantic emotion.