• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 1,000 Views, 7 Comments

Nearly Drowned: An AppleDash Story - Goat Carnival



Applejack falls in love with Rainbow Dash while they're in the hospital

  • ...
 7
 1,000

Chapter 1: Lost and Drowned

Twilight led Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy along the river. Their friends Rainbow Dash and Applejack had been lost for days, and they have searched every corner of Ponyville.

"Fluttershy," Twilight said. "Do you think you can fly overhead and look for them?"

"Sure," Fluttershy responded. Warily, the quiet pony flew over the trees and surveyed the ground. She saw two shapes on the floor, one cyan, one orange. She knew it was the two missing ponies. She flew back to the group. "I found them both! They're on the riverbank through the trees."

The group ran straight through the trees. Twilight ran straight ahead, leaving her three friends falling behind. She stopped on a ledge and looked down. She could barely move. What she saw was horrific. Before her were Applejack and Rainbow Dash, huddled together, bruised and bleeding.

"Next time, don't run too far ahead of us," Rarity complained. "Do you see them?"

"Y-yes..." Twilight stammered. Her eyes were fixed on the broken bodies of her friends.

The group tried to run to the edge of the ledge, but Twilight stopped them with her wing.

"What was that for?" Rarity asked, slightly angered, but then she looked down. She silenced herself and stood stiff.

Twilight leaped down and approached the bodies. She leaned over them and cried, hugging them.

"What in Equestria could have happened to get these two in this state?" she whispered to herself.

--------------------

"Applejack, remind me why we're out here again?" Rainbow Dash groaned.

"I needed you to help me get water from the river. I figured I needed somepony strong to help me carry it back. You pegasi have really been holdin' back on the rain these days," Applejack explained.

Rainbow sighed. "Alright, fine. Give me the buckets."

Applejack tossed her two buckets. "There ya go, now get fillin'!"

The two headed toward the river, holding the buckets. They stopped once they reached the bank of the river.

"Are you sure about this, AJ?" Rainbow asked. "That ground looks pretty weak."

Applejack scoffed. "Since when do you care about safety?"

"I suppose you're right. Let's get filling these buckets!" Rainbow Dash and Applejack slid down the muddy bank to the edge of the river. They stuck the buckets in, filling them to the brim.

"I think we're good," Applejack said. "Let's get goin-AH!" The ground gave way underneath her and she fell beneath the surface of the rushing water.

"AJ!" Rainbow Dash shouted. She dropped herself straight into the water looking for Applejack underneath. When she found her, she brought her to the surface of the water. She got scratched on branches and brambles, not long before hitting a rock and getting bruised by the force.

She pulled herself up on the ground, dropping Applejack next to her.

"Applejack," she sighed. "If we don't live through this, and if you can still hear me, I want you to know," she coughed, a pool of dirty water escaping her mouth, "that what I just did for you was out of love." Using her last small bit of strength, Rainbow Dash pulled herself over to Applejack and hugged her. She exhaled and closed her eyes.