• Published 26th Apr 2017
  • 307 Views, 2 Comments

A Good Share of Dreams REWRITE - Sea Pony



This is a rewrite of the first story in the Shareverse

  • ...
 2
 307

The Griffonia Kingdom Part 1

As soon as I arrived the Sun almost blinded me. Before I could see anything thought I could hear many things. I could hear the busy chatter of many people, there was a saleman screaming over the crowd advertising his wares and I could hear the clangs of a hammer hitting hot metal.

When my vision cleared I expected to see ponies instead I was presented with hundred of griffins busily going throught their day.

''Did I take the wrong door?'' I asked myself confused beyond belief.

A griffin claded in silver armor stepped in front of me. ''You must be Peace Dreamer We've been expecting you.''

''Huh? My name isn't Peace Dreamer.'' The griffin frowned at that.

''Really? Because the papers we received from The Council said that it was your name. If it isn't what is your name?''

''My name is-'' I was about to respond but I came on blank. Wait what is my name? How could I forget that?! ''I... don't remember.''

The Griffin looked at me with a questioning expression but then shrugged. ''Well until you do remember we will keep your name as Peace Dreamer it will keep things less complicated. Now since you're a pony I assume you want to go to Equestria correct?''

''Yeah, to be honest I expected the door to lead me in Equestria right away.'' I said and the griffin chuckled.

''Yeah but the thing is most ponies are pretty useless in a fight and if something or someone really dangerous came out of the Veil it would be a massacre. So The Council decided to put the portal here in Griffonstone the Griffonya capital and in exchange they pay the military of our country a handsome amount of money.''

Griffonstone why was that name so familiar? And why is my memory of Earth so fuzzy? Is that normal for people who died or is something's wrong with me?

''Speaking of dangerous things. A gang of trolls came out of the Veil last night between the guards shifts they have been attacking the railroad all day. So we had to cancel the trains going to Equestria. You might want to reserve a room at a inn. You could also try to get to Equestria by flying but it would probably take all day to get there.''

Great just great I just came in this world and arleady luck abandoned me. I looked at my saddlebag. I don't know how expensive the inns are here but it would probably cut into the bits I need to start my life in Equestria.

With a resigned sigh I decided to go by flying. Without any delay I opened my wings and dashed into the air.

- - - - -

In retrospect this was a really stupid idea. I had been in the air for two minutes now and I was doing horribly. I didn't know the right timing to flap my wings I either flapped too hard or too slow. It was only a matter of time before I crashed.

''Stupid Council why did they make me a Pegasus do they want to kill me?! Even a Earth Pony probably would have been a better idea! At least I would have had the stamina to run all the way through Griffonya and I wouldn't risk crashing!''

So focused in my thought and the flapping of my wings I did not see the tree in front of me before it was too late.

''AHHHHH!'' With a loud thud I crashed face first into the three and landed back on the ground on my flank.

I groaned in pain and muttered to myself. ''Yes let's go to the land of magical pony it will be a great adventure and everything will be great! What the fuck was I thinking? I should have gone to Hyrule or something at least I wouldn't have to deal with all this shit.''

I glared at my wings almost expecting them to laugh at me. I shook my head I must have hit myself pretty hard if I'm expecting wings to be sentient.

With a snort I decided I would walk instead. I almost wanted to reconsider and make my way back to Griffonstone and stay the night there. But if I can't even walk across Griffonya what are the chances I ever become a real adventurer?

With a smile I realised that things weren't so bad. I was in a real honest to God fantasy world. And I was probably in the most pleasant one I knew. Equestria was dangerous enough to be exciting but also peaceful enough to not make the adventure too overhelming. Beside I wouldn't be the one to deal with the world-ending villains there were heroes much more qualified than me arleady on the job.

Thinking about heroes should I visit the Mane Six right away or should I wait to be better established? I can't expect them to drop everything and help me I mean heck they might not even like me at all this is not a fan fiction and I'm not a main character. To them I will be just another one of the thousands of fanboys they had.

With a shrug I decided to meet them anyway. I mean what the worst that could happen? Beside before I start my adventure I want a house I can return to. If I'm lucky I might get a house in Ponyville. But where should I go if they don't have a place for me?

Bah! I'll worry when the time come, now I should focus on the journey ahead. My ears shot straight up when I hears a weird popping sound. I didn't have the time to think of how weird it was to have mobile ears because my heart nearly stopped when I saw who appeared behind me.

''Hello Dreamy did you miss me?'' Before me stood the same lunatic that killed me a few hours ago.

''YOU!'' Without a thought I charged at him and tried to punch him in his ugly smug face. But he dodged my every moved as if it was nothing with another pop he disappeared and reappeared farther away.

He chuckled and made a mocking smile directed at me. ''Dreamy, Dreamy, Dreamy do you really expect to beat me as you are now? You're barely understand how your new body work if you didn't have a chance back in your old body you have even less of a chance now.''

''I don't care I will still kill you!'' I tried to charged at him again and he looked at me with a bored expression.

''THE WORLD!'' Oh no, not again. Once again he had froze time all around me but for some reasons I could still see and hear everything that was happening.

''Don't pretend you're unhappy Dreamy I know how you work. Being in the humans world was a torture for you wasn't it? You were born at the wrong place at the wrong time, Too late to explore the earth too soon to explore space. All the adventures was arleady done and over with. You were a man of action stuck in a world of routine and dead-end jobs.

''But here! In the ever expanding multiverse there is no limits and no constraints don't pretend you're not happy to have left that boring unchanging world!"

''How could I be happy you separated me from everyone I cared about!'' I screamed at him my face was flushed with anger.

He smirked at me. ''Everyone you cared about huh? Can you name me one of the people you cared about?''

''My... Sister!'' I responded defiantly.

With a bigger smirked he asked. ''What... Is her name?

''I, I...''

''What. Is. Her. Name?'' He asked pausing between each words.

''What did you do to me! How can I not remember?!'' I asked in rage.

The man smirked. ''You were far too attached to these boring humans so I did you a service and made you forget them.'' With that said he putted a hand in his pocket and presented me a glowing crystal.

''This soul catcher contain a part of your soul I took with me when I killed you. It contain all the important memories of your life. Now all you remember is the basic knowledge of Earth, Equestria and a few other 'Fictional' universe so you wouldn't be completely lost once you got here.''

''Give that back!'' I screamed my face was contorting in rage.

The man seemed to think about it for a second. ''Nah. Believe me the less you remember about your boring old life the better. Do you like the new name I chose for you? Peace Dreamer it has such a nice ring to it don't you think?''

''You're the one who changed my name?! Why are you doing all this?! I never did anything to you! I don't even know you!''

With a pop he appeared just in front of me. I had a strong urge to punch him but I was still frozen. ''You might not know me Dreamy. But believe me I know more about you than you know yourself. I am a time traveller I have seen the past and future of thousands of worlds in my lifetime and before I die I will see thousands more. But the Veil as a whole no matter how much I travel always has the same future. Do you know how boring it is to see the same outcome again and again?

That's why I chose you Dreamy. You are my wild card. A curse was placed upon your soul a long time ago never permiting you to go into the Veil and forced you to reincarnate in the Gaia branch again and again forever. I broke that curse and now fate has changed. I can't wait to see how the events will play out.''

I will not pretend I understood half of what he said but if I understood corectly he was using me for something. ''And what if I decide to not do anything to change your so called fate wouldn't that be annoying?'' I asked sarcastically with a bitter frown. I didn't want to sacrifice my adventure but I would do anything to spite this psycopath.

''Tsk, tsk, tsk.'' He said while waving his finger at me. ''You can't do that remember? I gave you one year to live your life here. In one year I'm coming back to kill you. You can't sit on your rump and do nothing you must become stronger or killing you will be even more boring than the first time.'' He was so sure of himself that son of a bitch, he piss me off so much!

''Oh! How rude of me I never introduced myself. You can call me Time Skip, do not worry Dreamy this will not be the last time you see me before your year his gone, but until then goodbye.''

''Wait!'' What am I doing I shouldn't stop him from leaving! Time Skip turned to me with a questioning grin. ''You called me Roxanne back on Earth what did you mean?''

''Oh, so you remember that, huh? Let just say that Roxanne is both you and not you at the same time. She's someone with a heavy legacy and you are her last heir. I won't say any more but you might come to understand one day.'' With that he left with a pop and time returned to normal.

My legs gave out and I fell on the grass. I groaned as the adrenaline crashed down and I was left trying to calm my rapidly beating heart. ''What did I ever do to deserve this?'' I asked the heavens but receive no response.

With a sigh I lift myself back on all four and continued the journey. I hoped it would be the last time I meet Time Skip but I knew it was just wishful thinking, he would be back I was sure of it.

Author's Note:

In the original story the ones who stopped the train were generic bandits but in this it was a gang of Trolls if you readed A Good Share of Lives you know exactly who these Trolls work for. Like I said I wanted to make more connections to the sequels in the rewrite this will be one of many.

Roxanne is mentioned since the begining in this while in the original she was only mentioned toward the end. Also the fact that Dream forgot his human life. I was never really interested on expanding on Dream life as a human. Because the only reason he is human in the first place is so that he can have a outsider perspective so I can more easily explain the lore. But now there a reason why his human life isn't explained much.