• Published 15th Mar 2017
  • 260 Views, 2 Comments

Post Friendship is Magic Episodes - My90sPony



A collection of oneshots that resolve remaining questions with certain episodes. I will accept requests.

  • ...
 2
 260

Post Newbie Dash

Author's Note:

A.N. I know this one is really short, but I just wanted to settle an issue a lot of fans had with this episode.

It was a few days after Rainbow Dash received her month-long probation. Even so she still went to the Wonderbolt’s headquarters, having sent a letter earlier asking permission to show up so that she could explain her actions. Spitfire granted her permission, and set up a meeting in the Wonderbolt’s locker room.

“Hi, um, I really want to apologize for all the trouble I caused.” Rainbow Dash said awkwardly. “I-I was just so desperate to get rid of my nickname that I wasn’t thinking.”

Spitfire and the others looked as if they felt bad.

“Gee, you really took the nickname that hard?” Fleetfoot asked.

“Yeah, you see....” Rainbow Dash sighed. “Rainbow Crash was what the bullies used to call me back at Junior Speedsters Flight Camp.”

Now Spitfire and the others really looked apologetic.

“Oh...we had no idea.” Soarin admitted. “We never meant to hurt your feelings.”

“Yeah, I know that now.” Rainbow Dash smiled. “I now know that it’s just a friendly nickname all Wonderbolts get based on their first mistake right?”

“Right, we use it to motivate new Wonderbolts to keep doing better.” Spitfire nodded. “However if the nickname does give you bad memories...well, truthfully the rules state that nicknames can’t be changed, but we can promise to only call you Crash whenever you make a mistake. We’ll call you Dash otherwise.”

“Sounds good. And I’ll let you know when I’ve gotten over it enough to let you call me Crash more frequently.” Rainbow Dash said.

Spitfire and the others nodded, and they bopped hooves with Rainbow Dash in agreement.

“Well, I’m sure I’m still on probation so I guess I’d better get going.” Rainbow Dash noted.

“Yeah, despite the reason behind your actions I can’t bend the rules.” Spitfire admitted. “But I am looking forward to your real return.”

“You and me both.” Rainbow Dash smiled.

She turned to leave....

“Hold on, one more thing.” Spitfire said. “You know you could’ve just told us about the bullying earlier.”

“Yeah, we would’ve gone easier on you had we known.” Misty Fly said.

“I know, I guess...I didn’t want to admit that I was bullied.” Rainbow Dash admitted.

“I can understand that.” Soarin nodded.

“But from now on I promise to explain why something bothers me.” Rainbow Dash saluted.

“At ease Dash.” Spitfire chuckled. “Now get outta here before you get in trouble for violating your probation.” She then smirked.

Rainbow Dash grinned and left.