• Published 8th Jul 2012
  • 1,094 Views, 17 Comments

Celestia's Insane Game - Sanquil



Celestia is making ponies fight to the death. Has she gone insane?

  • ...
7
 17
 1,094

Chapter Two Round One part 1

Chapter Two
Round One of C I G

Twilight twist and turned in the cot she was assigned. She couldn’t stop thinking about the upcoming tournament, Celestia’s Insane Game. Her princess couldn’t have picked a better name for it. In a couple of hours, Twilight expected a guard to come and retrieve her for the opening ceremony. Finally giving up on sleep, she opened the saddlebag she had brought along and read up on the history of Celestia’s behavior. After learning nothing about death matches her ruler assigned, somepony knocked on the door and entered. It was her friends; Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie.

“Restless night as well?” Twilight asked.

“Oh Twilight,” Rarity started, “It was simply Awful! I couldn’t get one wink of beauty sleep thinking of how horrid the princess’s mane and tail looked.” That’s Rarity. One to worry about the smallest detail instead of the big picture.

“Oh can it, would ya?” Dash said, “Our lives could be at stake, and you worry about how her hair looks?”

“This sounds like fun,” Pinkie said, unenergetically from no sleep, “except for the whole death and pain and fighting. Games are supposed to be fun.”

“I just want to go home.” Fluttershy piped up, “I couldn’t possibly think of what would happen to Angel and all my other woodland friends if I wasn’t around to care for them.”

“Well,” Twilight started, “Princess Luna gave me a sliver of hope to hold on to, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.”

“What is it?” Everypony inquired at once.

“The princess informed me that her sister, Celestia, had been known to troll, or entice anger and sometimes fear, ponies and that this might be just one cruel joke of hers.” Twilight filled them in. “We can only pray that Luna is right.”

A guard, as expected, came to Twilight’s room and lead the group into the ballroom once more before the beginning of the games. Once everypony filed into the ballroom, and they all got situated, the trumpets sounded, like yesterday. The curtains were pulled back again to reveal the princess, still as insane-looking as yesterday.

“My little ponies,” She started, “Today is the day of the first matches in Celestia’s Insane Game. The Roster is as follows.” She guided with her hoof to a giant board with everypony’s name written on it. “Three matches will go on at one time, and after each match is finished, the victor will be taken out of the field and the next pair will start. The first three pairs are; Ditzy Doo vs. Carrot Top, Rainbow Dash vs. Fancy Pants, and finally Braeburn vs. Fluttershy.” Finishing off the names of the first three, she gazed at the ponies. “Would those six please come forward?”

Walking to the front, Fluttershy saw the scared looks on all the other ponies. No pony wanted to die, but there was just no choice. Celestia was going to find one way or another to make sure her “games” continued as planned.

“Guards,” Celestia said, “please guide our first contestants to their arenas and activate the monitors and cameras.” The guards did as followed, except for one. She just stood there, refusing to move. “I meant Now.”

“I can’t do it.” the guard said, looking Celestia right in the eyes, crying, “I just can’t lead ponies to their death and live with myself.”

“Well,” Celestia weighed her options, “If you insist.” She used magic to choke the guard. “You WON’T have to live with yourself anymore.” Slowly, but surely, Celestia choked the life out of her guard. “Now, anypony else want to object to their orders?” She looked each guard in the eye. “No? Alright then, let the games begin!”

Three monitors lowered from the ceiling, showing nothing but a black screen. After a few minutes, they came on and you could clearly see the battlefields. Each one was about twenty feet in diameter and the walls were made of smooth metal. The ground was dirt with a few sticks and twigs. Scattered around the field were boxes. Each one varied in size, holding items to help ponies fight. The ponies that were to fight were ushered into the rooms and the doors closed. Celestia’s voice boomed out invisible speakers.

“Contestants,” Her voice echoed, “The battle begins in 5,” She started counting off, “4, 3, 2, 1” A bell rung out that signaled that the fighting was to begin, but no pony started fighting. “Listen,” Celestia spoke again, “If you Don’t fight, I will kill you all myself. Your choice.” That got them going.

Ditzy Doo and Carrot Top spent no time talking after that. It was better one die than both. Ditzy had the advantage of flight, but was very clumsy, canceling her flight advantage. Fancy Pants and Dash couldn’t bear to fight each other. Dash couldn’t cope with the fact of trying to kill somepony, and Fancy Pants could bring himself to attack a mare. Fluttershy cowered waiting for the inevitable death to come, but Braeburn was to noble to kill his defenseless opponent.

After a few moments, Braeburn trotted over to Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy,” Braeburn said, “I can’t do it. I can’t kill you and I don’t want you to die by the hands of Celestia because neither of us will fight. I’m just going to kill myself to give atleast one more day of life to you.” Braeburn then trotted to one of the boxes and seached its contents. Inside was a shock trap and two knives. The shock trap wasn’t powerful enough to kill, but enough to incapacitate one. The knives were long enough to hit vital organs if lodged in the right spots.

Braeburn stuck the hilt of each knife into the ground on each of his sides. Placing and arming the trap, he activated it, knocking him out and falling on his side, sticking one of the knives deep in his chest. He bled to death shortly after, sparing Fluttershy’s life in the process.

Rainbow Dash and Fancy Pants just had to face the facts and fight each other. Dash had the upper hand with flight and speed, but Fancy Pants could use magic, giving him more of an upper hand. After flying around Fancy for several minutes, avoiding flying knives from several boxes, Dash dove for a box. Grabbing it in her mouth, she took light just before getting hit with a knife. Dash then used the box as a shield until she got it open. Inside was a grenade, capable of doing severe damage. Swallowing her fear, she pulled the pin, and with one last breath, she tossed it at Fancy Pants.

Picking the grenade up with his magic to observe it, it exploded, killing him in the process. His blood flew out splatteing on the ground around his lifeless corpse. Dash flew down, tired and scared. Looking around she saw no pony coming to retrieve her. A door opened a few moments later and Dash went through.

After a long and tiring battle, Carrot Top was able to toss a net over Ditzy Doo, pinning her to the ground. Using a shock trap, she incapacitated Ditzy so that she didn’t feel the pain of death. Using a sickle she found in a nearby box, she quickly did Ditzy in. After Carrot Top’s victory had been assured, the door opened and she left through it, shaking.


Sidenote: The next battles are Amethyst Star vs. Vinyl Scratch, Berry Punch vs. Snowflake, and Twilight Sparkle vs. Trixie Lulamoon. The chapter will focus more on Twilight and Trixie’s fight than the other two, to conserve time.