• Published 13th Mar 2017
  • 929 Views, 41 Comments

Necropolis - Blitz Brigade

  • ...
4
 41
 929

Chapter Five: Debriefing

Author's Note:

did you miss me? This is the longest chapter ever, and now the book is at eighty five pages. Between this and working on two other stories, this took quite a long time. Be on the look out for an MLP version of Series of Undortunate Events and one other project that you'll just have to wait for.

There was a long pause of silence as everyone took in what they had just heard.

A necromancer, a Mage capable of raising the dead, who goes by the name Chrysalis, was attacking Enchantria.

Celestia couldn't blame them for their shocked looks, as she knew that they were going to be there.

She gestured to her captain.

"Flash, if you would be so kind?" She asked.

Flash bowed. "Of course your majesty,” he said, walking in front of the table.

He slammed a dark orange crystal on a table, and upon doing so, the lights dimmed, and an image of a sickly pale woman with bony features and dark turquoise hair in a green and black robe was projected slightly above the table.

"Listen up, cause I'm only gonna say this once. This is Chrysalis, a necromancer, as you all know. But, as you might've already guessed, that's all we know about her. We have no record of who or what she is," Flash explained as the crystal changed the image to one of Shining Armor.

"Knowing that Chrysalis was going to attack, Celestia sent Shining Armor and a group of Royal Guards to apprehend the fiend, along with Applejack’s brother, Corporal Big Macintosh. The result was their disappearance, and a message from one of the Guards," Flash said, holding up another blue crystal.

He sat the crystal on the table and tapped it once.

Upon doing so, the crystal glowed and it projected a small visual screen that was black. Then a video began to play as a Royal Guard covered in burnt and broken armor appeared on the screen, his eyes wide with terror.

"Hello, my name is Lancer. I'm a Royal Guard sent on a mission to apprehend a necromancer known as Chrysalis. I was led by Captain Shining Armor and forty-nine others-"

*BANG!*

The locked metal door behind the man buckled as a large dent appeared.

"Sweet Celestia, they're here already?!" The guard shook like a leaf, quivering in terror. But he had a job to do, and he would finish it.

"I don't have much time, so I'm going to explain only the important details while I have the chance."

*BANG!*

Another loud crash, causing another dent, this one right between the crack on the doorway, causing multiple long black talons to worm through the gap and try to to pry open the door.

"It all started on our way to the destination, on the way we were ambushed by these...things,” the guard shuddered at the thought.

"They're monsters, vicious beasts that are capable of tearing through us like butter. They attacked us in the dead of night but...but here's the weird thing...they didn't kill anyone. They beat us within an inch of our life, but none of us died. I don't understand it myself, but they only captured everyone. I escaped thanks to co-captain Macintosh, but it seems that I couldn't escape the build-”

"FoOls. MOvE AsiDe, I ShAll deAl wIth tHis PeSt,” A raspy voice with an echo said from the other side of the door.

"Oh, Celestia, she's here!" The guard shrieked, turning away from the crystal to door and back at the crystal.

"The book, the book she has is the source of her power. The same goes for the scythe she wields! It has great power, you need to take both from her if you're gonna defeat her-"

*Kra-BOOOOM!*

The guard flinched as the metal door was sent flying as a powerful force literally blew the door of its hinges.

A pair of talons grabbed the guard and pulled him to the floor.

"NO! NO PLEASE!" Lancer begged, clawing against the floor, desperately trying to fight against the grasp of the claws dragging him into the dark.

The guard disappeared, only his echoed cries could be heard. The room became silent, a haunting darkness settled on the group.

Then the horrifying image of Chrysalis appeared, causing everyone, but Flash and Celestia who had already seen the video, to flinch.

Fluttershy and Rarity screamed, Twilight gasped, Rainbow Dash jumped into Soarin's arms, Scootaloo jumped into Rainbow's arms, Applebloom hid behind Applejack, Sweetie Belle hid behind Rarity, and the Wonderbolts stood frozen in shock.

A toothy grin spread across Chrysalis' haunting face.

"WeLL...WhaT hAve we hErE? A coMmuNIcatioN crysTal, hmmMmm...How...IntErestIng,” Chrysalis cooed, holding the crystal up.

"I wonDer...CouLd this Be CelEstiA I'm SpeAking ToO?"

Celestia tightened her grip on her crossed arms.

"If sO...I hAve a MesSage FoR YOu. FRom soMebOdy I thInk you KNow,” Chrysalis slightly chuckled.

"The BlAckesT NighT FalLs to The GrOund, KillIng all WitHout a sOunD. ThE stArs wHich onCe shinEd so BriGht, hAve gone ColD and vAnisHed frOm OuR Sight. THe Day hAs diEd, ThE NiGht arRiveS."

With that, Chrysalis threw the crystal into the air, reared back her scythe, swung, and shattered the crystal. The image vanished, replaced with the words [CONNECTION SEVERED] on the screen.

The dark room became bright again as the curtains were pulled back, and light re-entered the room.

Celestia sighed, the sight of everyone's shock clear as day.

Applejack sat still, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Ma brother...ma own flesh and blood..." Applejack glared at Flash and Celestia. "

“Why didn't ya tell me?!" She demanded.

"Calm down, Private,” Celestia's calm yet authoritative voice said.

"Please understand that I couldn't risk the exposure of this information. If anyone found out it would cause massive panic."

"Forgive my interruption,"Flash interjected, "but there will be time for explaining on the trip there, for now we best suit up. Follow me."

"Now wait just a minute!" Rarity shouted. "I can understand why you would want all of us for this mission, but you're not taking my sister!"

"Mine either," Applejack agreed, putting herself in front of Applebloom.

"Why would ya send three little kids into battle anyways?"

Flash opened his mouth to answer but quickly shut it, turning to face Celestia.

The princess sighed once more and stood up, addressing the group she answered,

"As you know, most of you have magical powers.”

She gestured to Flash.

"Flash Sentry has the power to create shields, and he was taught by Shining Armor. He has since learned how to create shields to protect, attack, and even ones that can repel magic."

She then gestured to Twilight. "

Twilight Sparkle is a very gifted Mage, capable of wielding a total of 54 different types of magic."

Twilight blushed, as Celestia then gestured to everyone else and listed off their power.

"Rainbow Dash is a Lightning Elementalist, but she also wields the powers of fire and ice. Fluttershy is also an Elementalist, but a gifted one as she is capable of controlling both plants and animals. Rarity is a Gem Mage, which means she has the ability to focus her magic through several powerful gems. Pinkie Pie is an illusionist and trickster. Spitfire is a Fire Elementalist, Soarin is a Wind Elementalist, and Fleetfoot is an Ice Elementalist."

"What about us your highness?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"What special magic do we have?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that yet,” Celestia said.

Pinkie raised a brow in curiosity. "What do you mean, yet?"

Celestia sighed, knowing that this would be a lot tougher than she expected.

"As I said, most of you have powerful magic. I also have a powerful magic. My magic, however, allows me to see through time."

"So...you can see into the future and stuff?" Rainbow asked, putting down Scootaloo as Soarin sat down Rainbow.

"In a way, yes." Celestia said. "But I can only see glimpses, and I never know how events truly happened or what causes them to happen."

Flash, sensing the pain in Celestia's voice, decided to speak for her.

"Her majesty saw the damage Chrysalis was doing and to prevent it she sent a group to capture her."

"But because she didn't know the outcome they were captured." Twilight summed up.

"Correct as always, my faithful student," Celestia said with a weak smile.

"But I saw another glimpse, this one with all of you in it. I don't know what exactly, but you are all required to prevent this necromancer from destroying our home.

"But as we have already said, this is not your responsibility to bear. If you choose not to do it, then you don't have to. The choice is yours, if you choose not to help then you may leave the room."

Nobody moved an inch.

"Then it's settled. Your highness?" Flash asked.

Celestia snapped her fingers and the group vanished in the blink of an eye.


Enchantria was built off magic, as it was founded because of the discovery of rich resources that can help to harness magic.

These resources were Gold, Silver, gems, and iron.

Gems like Topaz, Opal, Sapphire, and Ruby are able to harness the powers of certain elements, so Elemental weapons are made with Elemental-Gem infused steel or wood.

Precious metals like Gold and Silver, while very weak and flimsy compared to the strength of steel, had great value as they were ranked 14 on the M.C. scale (M.C. stood for Magic Capacity).

The scale could describe how much magic could be implanted inside the metal, the max being 20 and the minimum being 5.

The only resource known for having a max output of 20 on the M.C. scale is the gem known as Diamond.

These various resources have been mined and smelted into various weapons of both close combat and ranged combat.

Where are these weapons made, you might ask? Why, in the Armory of course.

The Armory was a large building that had 2 main functions: building weapons and housing them.

Half of the Armory was the forge.

The forge was a hot and steamy room comprised of multiple stone furnaces and red hot molten iron that was poured into weapon designs.

The other side of the Armory was more clean and organized, with white walls and polished floors.

A small, pale woman sat at the desk in front of the doorway, tending to some business on her clipboard while casting a few glances towards the entrance.

The woman soon found herself on the floor as she fell back in her chair when the group appeared from thin air. She quickly got up and dusted herself off before addressing the group.

"Greetings, your majesty, what brings you hear this wonderful morning?" She asked in a sweet tone.

"I need access to the vault. Would you be so kind to provide clearance?" Celestia asked.

"Oh, but to do that you would need-" the woman cut herself off when she saw Flash.

"Oh, he's here. Follow me." The woman said, walking down the hall while the group followed suite.

After a while they soon came to the end of the hallway where a large vault door stood before them. Two large, muscular, giants, standing at 10 feet tall, clad in golden armor and golden helmets that concealed their faces.

"Captain,” they both said in unison, slightly bowing as Flash approached the vault door.
"Gentleman,” Flash greeted back, coming to a stop and folding his arms. "You know what to do."

The left giant nodded to the right giant, and they pulled out two giant keys attached to a leather cord from around their necks.

They put their keys into two different slots and turned in unison.

There was a loud clank, and the vault handle began to turn counterclockwise.

The spinning handle came to a halt and the door swung open slowly.

Everyone entered and was awestruck at what they saw.

The vault was over ten times bigger in width and height compared to the hallway they were just in.

The walls, ceiling, and floor were white and shiny like the hallway, lit by the lights hanging from the ceiling.

There were metal shelvesthat were organized much like the wooden bookshelves in a library, only these selves held weapons and tools instead of books.

Well, actually, there was a shelf that contained magic books bound by chains, but it was mostly weapons.

*CLANK!*

The group came to a halt as the two giants crossed spears and blocked the group’s path.

The two large guards glared down at them.

"We are the keepers of the vault," the right giant spoke.

"And as the keepers it is our right to enforce the rules of the vault,” the left giant answered.

"Rules that you will obey,” the right giant said.

"Lest you wish to suffer the consequences!" They both stated, their voices booming with authority and power.

The Applebloom and Sweetie Belle hid behind their older siblings, Scootaloo hid behind Rainbow, and everyone else braced themselves, putting on a brave face, trying to hide their fear.

"The first rule," the left giant spoke. "You may take only what you need, not what you want."

"The second rule," the right giant spoke. "No weaponry or tools are to be tampered with, damaged, or destroyed."

"The third rule," the left giant spoke. "You are not allowed to take from the Dark Section of the library. You may look but you cannot take."

"The fourth and final rule," the right giant spoke. "You may give the vault something of great value in return for something of equal value from the vault."

"Failure to comply with these rules will result in divine punishment. Do you understand?" The two giants asked.

"The group understands the rules of the vault and accepts the conditions required," Celestia answered.

The spears were lifted and the two giants moved to the side, allowing the group to enter.

"Go, choose your weapon. But remember, you are to take only what you need, not what you want."

With that, the group spread out to search for their new equipment.

But as Soarin was about to go off, a hand grabbed his shoulder. He turned around and saw that the hand belonged to Flash, and he had a serious look on his face.

"Soarin, I want you to keep an eye on Rainbow," he stated, pointing a thumb over his shoulder at the still handcuffed Skyborn girl who was staring at a large portable metal cannon with a look of avarice in her eyes.

"Make sure she doesn't try to steal something that doesn't belong to her."

Soarin nodded and ran towards Rainbow.

With everyone busy searching, Flash made his way towards his weapon of choice.

The group had so many choices, from swords to cannons, but the giant's warning was still fresh in their mind.

The warning definitely made it difficult for Applejack to chose her weapon.

"Hey, sis!"

Applejack whipped around and her eyes went wide at the sight of her little sister wobbling under the weight of the large steel mace with sharp spikes sticking out of the club in her hands.

Applejack stormed towards Applebloom and yanked the mace from her hands.

"Just what in tarnation do ya think you're doing?!" Applejack demanded, placing the mace where there was an empty rack, assuming that's where it belonged.

"I'm picking out a weapon! Ah’m gonna need one if Ah’m gonna fight, right?" Applebloom asked.

The moment she finished her sentence, her eyes moved over to a gold bladed short-sword with black leather wrapped around its hilt.

"You're not fighting,” Applejack said firmly, kneeling down to Applebloom's level and holding her shoulders.

"You're ma little sister, so I can't afford to lose ya, Bloom."

"*ahem*"

The soft, yet audible, clearing of someone's throat caught the two Apple's attention.

They turned around and saw a woman with pale skin, beautiful blonde hair, and yellow eyes with the left one slightly crooked who wore a grey librarian outfit and a kind smile on her face.

"Sorry to intrude but you placed Mäjon in the sword section when it belongs in the mace and hammer section," The woman stated, lifting the mace Applebloom had and walking to the row of shelves a few feet away from the sword section, where she placed the mace back where it belonged.

"Now then," the woman stood in front of the two sisters and introduced herself and her intentions.

"Hello, my name is Ditzy and I am the vault's librarian. I am tasked with keeping everything neat and organized as well as helping out with people's choice of weaponry. And from the look of it, you two could use some help."

The two sister exchanged a glance before Applejack stood up and introduced herself.

"Hi, ma name-"

"I'm well aware of who you are, Applejack and Applebloom," The woman said.

"If you'll follow me, I believe I know the perfect tool for you."

Ditzy started walking into the section two shelves over, with the two Apple sisters following.

"Excuse me, Miss Ditzy," Applebloom spoke up, "but by any chance are you a...you know...are you a-"

"See-er? Why yes I am, and by gosh, you have a very sharp mind Applebloom," Ditzy grinned.

"A See-er? Ya mean you're a mind reader?" Applejack asked in surprise.

"I thought See-er's didn't exist, on account of how rare the gift is. Not to mention how dangerous."

"While I admit my gift has its perks, it's also a lot like a curse," Ditzy sighed solemnly.

"How can reading minds be such a curse?" Applebloom asked.

Ditzy turned her head and pointed to her crooked eye.

"It was fine at first, but I looked into the wrong mind and it nearly fried mine. I'm lucky to be alive," Ditzy said before coming to a stop.

"Ah, there he is."

Applejack and Applebloom stopped to see the weapon Ditzy was pointing at.

It was a hammer, with a golden handle and two silver faces for its hammer.

It had a three gems lined up from where the handle met hammer.

Two red triangular rubies, both facing out, and a white octagon shaped opal between the two rubies.

The hammer was chained to the shelf with many silver chains that had hot red marks on them.

Ditzy snapped her fingers and the chains came undone, slithering away like snakes. "Don't worry, all you have to do is pick it up,” the librarian said.

"Um...alright," Applejack said, hesitantly reaching for the hammer.

As her hand was merely inches away from the handle, the two silver parts of the hammer flattened into blades and became engulfed in red flames.

It let out a roar and shook violently on its shelf, and Applejack retracted her hand before the hammer could touch it.

"It's...it's alive?!" Applejack shouted in panic.

"I would hope so,” Ditzy said.

"It would be a terrible thing if Prothous died."

“Well what are you waiting for? Pick it up already."

"But...it..." Applejack stammered.

"Look, Jack, can I call you Jack? I'm the librarian. I know every weapon and tool here, so when I say this weapon is best suited for you, I mean it. Now quit screwing around and PICK IT UP FOR CELESTIA’S SAKE!" Ditzy screamed.

"Yes ma'am!" Applejack saluted, and her military instincts kicked in as she obediently picked up the handle and held it in front of her.

The hammer, Prothous, roared and thrashed in Applejack's grip, but eventually its roar lessened to a growl and its thrashing slowed.

It's fiery blades slowly extinguished and grew back into the flat silver hammer it appeared as.

"There, you see, that wasn't too hard now, was it?" Ditzy asked before frowning and turning away.

"Excuse me for a moment,” Ditzy said, snapping her fingers.

She then disappeared in the blink of an eye.


Twilight Sparkle was many things, but the one thing everybody knew about her was that she loved books and had an unquenchable thirst for them.

"Twilight, what are you doing?!" Spike demanded, holding his head in his two claws.

Twilight, who was leaning back against the shelf with an opened black hardcover book in her lap, looked up and answered.

"I'm just reading Spike, no need to make a big deal out of it."

Twilight rolled her eyes, returning to her book.

"Yeah, but you're reading a book from the Dark Section! You know, the one place we're not supposed to be!" Spike pointed out.

"They said we could look, not take,” Twilight stated, “and besides, this is a spell book by Starswirl the Bearded. I just wanted to view some of his work before-"

"Attention everyone, the vault will be closing soon. Please head to the entrance at once," Ditzy's voice could be heard across the entire vault.

"WHAT?!" Twilight shrieked.

"But I'm not done! I'm not even halfway through, how am I gonna finish this?!"

An idea popped into her head as she snapped her fingers, summoning a book and quill.


Flash stood still as a statue, his arms folded and his gaze fixed on the sheathed sword in the display case.

It was a two handed longsword, with a hilt wrapped in black leather, and gold guard that had a diamond in the center of the cross-guard.

"Why do you hesitate?"

Flash's eyes shifted to the left where Ditzy now stood, her hands folded behind her back.

"It's your sword, you made it. Yet you gave it to the vault...do you not like it or something?" Ditzy asked, doing her best not to peer into Flash's head.

"You know exactly why I put my sword here," Flash said, and his eyes shifted back to the sword on display.

"It's too powerful, even I don't trust myself with it."

"But you might need that kind of power, you know, since you're going up against a necromancer and all."

Flash looked at Ditzy with a raised brow.

"Sorry,” Ditzy apologized, kicking her left leg.

"Couldn't help myself."

Flash walked up to the sword and grabbed it.

He loosened the straps of his sheath and tied them to his waist.

"Well, you know what you always say,” Flash said.

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it," Ditzy cheekily replied.


The group rejoined at the entrance, almost everyone wielding a new weapon.

Twilight had been given a new wooden twisting staff with a multi-colored gem at the top, Fluttershy had been given a bo staff, Pinkie had been given a set of daggers and knives, Rarity had been given a pair of gloves bedazzled with various gems on the knuckles, Soarin had been given a pale blue Wind Naginata, Spitfire had been given a Flameblade, Fleetfoot had been given two Frostblades, Applebloom had been given a portable kit for making potions, Sweetie Belle had been given a flute made of enchanted silver, and Scootaloo had been given a pair of roller blades enchanted for speed.

"Has everyone been given a new weapon or tool?" Celestia asked.

The entire group nodded.

Well, almost the entire group.

“Yeah, that librarian lady wouldn't let me get anything because of the fact that I'm handcuffed,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Plus, I'd like my bow back, anyways.”

“Two words: Not happening,” Flash answered.

“Why? I can't just go and fight a bunch of undead freaks without a weapon!” Dash argued.

“Well, for starters, it's an elemental weapon. Only Wonderbolts may carry those. Second, you're two dangerous,” Flash replied.

“Well, I have an idea on what she can use,” Celestia chimed in.

“You're good with a sword, yes?” The princess asked.

“I dabble,” Rainbow said proudly.

“Well, good, then you can use this,” Celestia said.

She snapped her fingers, and Dash’s handcuffs disappeare.

“That's better,” the rainbow haired girl said.

Celestia snapped again, this time summoning in a broadsword.

The sword had a steel blade, a dark gray hilt, and its handle was wrapped in a reddish-brown leather.

“This is a Knight’s Broadsword. It is only used by the elite Knights of Enchantria, the best knights in the kingdom. I'm trusting you with this, Rainbow Dash. Screw this up, and you're in big trouble,” Celestia said, handing Rainbow the sword and its sheath.

Dash fastened the brown leather sheath around her waist with ecstasy, her eyes wide with pride.

Now, then, we must leave, time is of the essence-"

*CLANG!*

Just as the group was exiting, two spears crossed and blocked Twilight's path.

Before Twilight could protest a brown softcover book was levitated from her robe and the giant on the left snatched it up quickly.

The giant opened the book and looked through its pages before closing it up once he was finished looking through it.

"Twilight Sparkle, you have stolen from the vault," the giant stated.

The group became shocked.

"What?! No, I didn't steal anything!" Twilight protested.

"You have copied the contents of a book belonging to the vault. You have stolen knowledge that does not belong to you," the right giant spoke.

"For your transgression, you must be punished!" The two giants declared, their voices filled with rage.

"Wait!" Flash shouted, putting himself between Twilight and the two furious giants.

"You said that we could trade some things for anything of equal value, right? So what if Twilight gave you something of equal value for the book?"

"The book is a copy of spells by Starswirl the Bearded,” the right giant stated.

"There is nothing of equal value,” the left giant said.

"Then...then..." Flash stalled, trying to think of a way to solve the problem.

"Then punish me. It was my idea for Twilight to copy the book. It's my fault, I must take responsibility."

"If this is true," the left giant started.

"Then you shall be punished instead of Twilight Sparkle," The right giant finished.

"Do you accept this responsibility, Flash Sentry of Enchantria?" The two demanded.

"I do,” Flash answered, standing firm.

The two giants raised their spears, the golden tips aimed towards Flash.

The tips began to glow a fiery red as they began to collect magic.

"Flash Sentry of Enchantria," the two giants spoke.

"YOU HAVE SINNED!"

A beam of powerful magic rained down onto Flash, his entire body engulfed in the pillar of burning magic.

He dropped to his knees and roared in pain as he was mercilessly pounded by the magic.

Half a minute passed and the giants had decided that Flash had received his punishment.

With that they ceased the flow of magic, leaving smoke to fume from the tips of their spears and from Flash's crippled body.

"Punishment has been received," the right giant stated.

"You may keep the weapons you need," the left giant said.

"But the book belongs to the vault. Now leave at once,” the two giants ordered.


“FSH, AH!" Flash cringed as Twilight's purple aura grazed the red burn on Flash's arm.

"Sorry!" Twilight apologized for the 137th time.

"I'm not used to healing magic, sorry," 138th now.

The group had re-entered the meeting room where they were all introduced to their mission.

Flash sat in one of the chairs, his skin red and burned by the giant's magic, while he was being healed by Twilight.

Celestia left to prepare travel for the group and their destination.

"Honestly Twilight, how could you be so stupid!" Rainbow shouted, berating Twilight.

"I know, I'm sorry, I didn't think-"

"You didn't what? You didn't think that maybe copying down stuff in a book counted as stealing?!" Rainbow demanded.

"Look what you did to him!" Rainbow shouted, pointing at Flash.

Twilight seemed on the verge of crying.

Fluttershy saw this and tried to calm things down.

"Rainbow, please stop,” she pleaded.

"You're hurting her!”

Rainbow whipped her head towards Fluttershy.

"Good!" She snapped.

"I hope this hurts, so maybe next time she won't do something so stupid!"

"I hate to admit it, but Rainbow's right," Soarin agreed.

"Why would you do something like that when you knew it would be stealing?"

"Now hold on a minute," Rarity interjected.

"Would you look what you're doing to the poor thing? Surely there's a better way to solve this without harsh words!"

“Pfft. Yeah, right," Spitfire scoffed. "Listen lady, take it from the captain of the Wonderbolts. The only way anybody ever learns is through pain. But you wouldn't understand something like that now would you?"

"And jus' what's that supposed ta mean?" Applejack asked.

"I think you know exactly what it means, Hillbilly," Fleetfoot spat.

Applejack reached for the golden handle of her hammer behind her back and gripped it with both hands.

Detecting her rage, the hammer slimed down into blades and became engulfed in flames while letting out a low growl.

"Call me Hillbilly again,” Applejack's grip tightened.

"I dare ya."

"You wanna fight Hillbilly? I'll gladly oblige, I've been itching to test out my new weapon anyways," Fleetfoot stated, unsheathing her new Frostblade, which began to give off cold blue mist.

"Don't worry Applejack," Rarity said as both she and Pinkie braced themselves to fight.

"We've got your back."

"Don't think we're just gonna stand by,” Spitfire said, unsheathing her Flameblade.

Rainbow sided with the Wonderbolts and drew her new sword.

Everyone else just stayed out of what was about to happen. Both sides glared at the other, and their weapons flared up with magic and they were ready to clash in battle.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

All eyes were locked on Flash, who was sitting upright with his left eye tightly shut and his body throbbing in pain.

"You, all of you, are here because Enchantria is in danger, and instead of working together you decide to go at each other's throats!" Flash roared, half angry at the group and half angry because of the burning pain.

"Rainbow Dash, stop yelling at Twilight about her mistake when you yourself were imprisoned for attacking the Royal Guard," Flash stated, causing Rainbow to hang her head low in shame.

"And the rest of you, I don't know what differences you all have and I don't care. We're a team, and as a team we all have to work together. So figure that out!"

The group all lowered their heads in shame, silently regretting what they had said.

"Twilight I'm...I'm sorry. What I said was mean and...I was being a jerk. Do you forgive me?" Rainbow asked, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly.

Twilight wiped away a tear and sniffed before replying.

"Yeah...yeah I forgive you Rainbow. I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused."

An aura of awkward silence filled the room like an invisible mist.

Pinkie hated this mist and decided to do something about it.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, jumping from her chair.

"You know what we need?"

"If you start singing, I'm gonna punch you in the face," Rainbow threatened, holding up a balled fist.

"No, silly," Pinkie chuckled. "

What we need is a name."

"A name?" Fluttershy asked.

"A name,” Pinkie nodded.

"We are a team, alright, and every team has a name. So why shouldn't we have one?" Pinkie asked.

"But it can't be any name, it has to be a name that describes our team."

"Something awesome," Rainbow added.

"Somethin' with authority," Applejack added.

"Something that's fast!" Scootaloo yelled excited.

"Something well educated,” Rarity added.

"Something...easy to say?" Fluttershy answered in an unsure tone.

"Something that describes our military position," Spitfire added.

"What about...the Main 6?" Sweetie Belle suggested.

"Uh, there's fourteen of us Sweetie," Applebloom pointed out.

The group began calling off names for the team name, but nobody could agree on one.

Spike rubbed his chin thinking of a team name for something awesome, that had authority, that meant speed, that had educated words, was easy to pronounce, and described their military position.

A light bulb turned on inside Spike's head as he suggested his idea for the team name.

"Hey everybody!" Spike shouted, getting everyone's attention.

"What if we named the team, 'Blitz Brigade'?"

"Blitz Brigade?" Rainbow asked, tilting her head in confusion. "The hell's that supposed to mean?"

"Blitz is a word for speed, it's an educated word and it is really easy to say. Brigade means a large army, which makes it have authority and is a way to define our military stature, and together the two words are flat out awesome," Spike explained.

The group pondered about naming their group ‘Blitz Brigade’.

"Well I think it's a great name,” Flash stated, standing up.

"All those in favor of calling our team 'Blitz Brigade,’ please raise your hand."

“It could be twenty percent cooler, if you ask me, but it’ll do,” Dash said as she reluctantly raised her hand.

Everyone else shot their hands up into the air.

"There you have it. From this point forward we will forever be known as Blitz Brigade," Flash stated.

"Now let's move out!"