• Published 13th Mar 2017
  • 926 Views, 41 Comments

Necropolis - Blitz Brigade

  • ...
4
 41
 926

Chapter Four: Soldiers and Students

"Soarin, what the hell do you see in that girl?" Spitfire asked.

"Well, Spitfire, you know me. I like bad girls," Soarin said with a grin.

"Do you even know who she's talking about? Because the fact that you like bad girls could pertain to a number of women, you creep," Fleetfoot said.

"Uh, of course I know who Spitfre is talking about. It's Lightning Dust, right?" Soarin asked jokingly.

Spitfire rolled her eyes. "You're too soft, Skies. You could have ended Rainbow Dash's reign right there and you would've become a celebrity among the army, but your crush for that girl got in the way, and now Flash Sentry is gonna be a millionaire probably!" Spitfire said.

"And she's like what, seventeen? Aren't you like nine years older than her?" Fleetfoot asked.

"She's twenty. And I'm three years older," Soarin answered. "Now, can we hurry it up? Didn't you say we had a meeting with the princess, Spitfire?"

"Yeah, I did, so quit your bitchin' and let's get to the castle," Spitfire replied.


“Dragon slaying!” Apple Bloom said, waving her wrench around in the air.

“Dragon slaying?” Sweetie Belle asked while softly strumming her lute.

“Yah heard me. Dragon slaying. We can do it with what we have with us. We have swords, we have shields, and we can probably do it!” Apple Bloom replied.

“You mean the wooden swords and the wooden shields, which, not to mention, are made of wood, and wood, might I add, is flammable! I thought you were smarter than this!” Scootaloo added.

“Scootaloo, that doesn't sound like yah. Aren't yah supposed to be fearless?” Apple Bloom asked sarcastically.

“I never said I was fearless, I said I wasn't scared of a lot of things. One thing I am scared of is death, and any other sane person should be fearful of the eternal sleep as well! What you're trying to do is crazy! No sane person would do this! Unless...you're insane!” Scootaloo argued.

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes and smirked at her friend. “Says the Skyborn who can't fly.”

Scootaloo responded with a rude gesture. Apple Bloom just laughed, and Sweetie Belle just continued plucking away at her lute.

Sweetie Belle looked up from her instrument. “So, are we really going to do this?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Well, Ah know Ah am,” Apple Bloom said proudly.

“Well, I'll do it too, I guess,” Sweetie Belle said reluctantly.

The only one who was left to answer was Scootaloo.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle stared at Scootaloo.

Scootaloo sighed. “Grab my sword.”


The Cutie Mage Crusaders were crouched behind a large rock that was just outside a dragon’s cave.

“Okay, be very quiet, and don't forget to grab some treasure if we need to escape quickly,” Apple Bloom said.

Sweetie Belle nodded. “Got it. Other than that, what's the plan?”

“Right, the plan, Ah hadn't thought of that,” Apple Bloom said. She scratched her head and thought for a moment.

“Aha! Ah got an idea! Sweetie Belle, you lure the dragon asleep by playing The Ballad of the Moon Princess, and if he doesn't fall asleep, Ah’ll clock him upside the head with mah wrench. Once he's asleep, we slay him, and then we steal a bunch of treasure! It's the perfect plan!” Apple Bloom said excitedly.

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow. “How exactly do we kill the dragon? Don't they have scales to protect them for reasons exactly like this?” Scootaloo asked.

“We'll worry about that when we get there,” Apple Bloom said. “In the meantime, let's head on in!”

“Yeah!” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Fine,” Scootaloo said with a sigh.

The trio entered the cave, which, surprisingly, was well lit with torches. They spotted a giant green dragon who was sorting treasure into piles. Very, very, very messy piles.

“Ah guess this proves that dragons don't like the dark,” Apple Bloom joked.

“Be quiet! There he is!” Sweetie Belle shrieked.

“Okay, yah all know the plan. Sweetie Belle, start playing the song. Scootaloo, ready your sword. Ah guess Ah’ll just wait here and start gathering treasure,” Apple Bloom said.

Sweetie Belle nodded. The young bard started plucking away at her lute, gracefully playing the ballad.

The dragon looked towards the source of the music, and his eyes started drooping.

Apple Bloom gave Sweetie Belle a wink and started walking over to the dragon’s treasure horde, a potato sack in hand.

Just when it seemed as though the dragon was about to fall asleep, Apple Bloom grabbed a golden chalice, the dropped it on the ground.

The metallic clank that sounded echoed throughout the cave, and the dragon snapped out of his daze, looked over to the source of the noise, and upon seeing the small human girl tying to still his treasure, snorted once and charged for the young girl.

“AHHHHHH!” The Crusaders yelled as the dragon chased the three young girls out of the cave.


“Hey, did you hear that?” Soarin asked.

“Hear what?” Spitfire replied.

“Yeah, Soarin, what're you talking about? Have you got a few screws loose and you're hearing things all of a sudden?” Fleetfoot asked.

“It sounded like a scream, like someone's in trouble or something,” Soarin answered.

“Did it sound like three little girls were screaming?” Spitfire asked.

“Yeah, it did. Why do you ask?” Soarin answered.

“Because I see three girls down there running from a freaking dragon, and they look like they need some help,” Spitfire replied.

“Say no more,” Fleetfoot answered. She dove down, followed by Soarin and then by Spitfire.

The three each grabbed one of the running girls and flew back up to the air in the blink of an eye.

“Thank Celestia you saved us!” Apple Bloom said thankfully.

“No problem, kid. Now, you mind telling us your names and why you three were stupid enough to go inside of a dragon’s cave?” Spitfire asked.

“Well, I'm Apple Bloom, the bard is Sweetie Belle, and the purple haired girl is Scootaloo, and as for the dragon cave thing, we were there seeking fame and riches,” Apple Bloom answered.

“Apple Bloom, as in “related to Applejack” Apple Bloom?” Fleetfoot asked.

“Yeah, that's the name of my sister and- wait, how do you know the name of my sister?” Apple Bloom asked.

“I'm her commanding officer,” Fleetfoot answered.

“Now, we have a meeting to see the princess, we’ll drop you off at a chariot stop afterwards,” Spitfire said.


“Oh, thank Celestia, I didn't have to go out to get you six,” Flash Sentry said with sigh.

“Us six? But Celestia only sent for Soarin, Fleetfoot and I!” Spitfire said.

“She also needed Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom, and believe me, you just made my life a hell of a lot easier,” Flash said. “Come on in, everyone is waiting.”

Soarin nearly fainted when he walked inside the room and saw the criminal he was just recently chasing.

“Rainbow Dash?! What the hell are you doing here?” Soarin shouted.

“Same could be said to you,” Dash grumbled.

“Apple Bloom?! Why, I reckon I haven't seen you in a few years!” Applejack exclaimed. Apple Bloom ignored the comment.

“Well, it seems as though the team’s all here, so we can start mission debriefing now,” Celestia said.

“Mission debriefing?! You've gotta be fuckin’ kidding me,” Dash said.

"I'll keep it simple. I've brought you all here to assassinate Chrysalis, the necromancer," Celestial answered.