• Published 13th Mar 2017
  • 931 Views, 41 Comments

Necropolis - Blitz Brigade

  • ...
4
 41
 931

Prologue: The Mage and The Dragon

In a small town, mostly comprised of stone wall houses and straw roofs, known as Mageville there is an oak tree home to the powerful mage known as Twilight Sparkle. Said Mage was currently walking slowly down the stairs of her tree home and into the main room. She wore a pair of pale yellow pajamas and was covered in a blanket she brought from upstairs.

“Sweet Celestia, it's freezing in here,” she mumbled to herself. Twilight shivered, and tightened her grip on her blanket.

To fix the temperature, Twilight shuffled over to the stone fireplace and placed pieces of chopped wood in the fireplace. She took some old pieces of newspaper and placed them between the logs. With a snap of her fingers a spark ignited the on the paper and the fire engulfed them. The fire spread to the logs and began to devour them, creating a warm area around the place.

“Spike, the could put some tea on the stove?” The Mage said out loud, holding her hands in front of the fire. She waited for a reply, but none came. “Spike?” Twilight asked again.

“Coming," A small voice pipped as a purple and green scaled dragon entered the room.

“How'd you sleep, Spike?” Twilight asked as she rubbed her hands.

“Like a baby dragon,” Spike said with a smile as he walked into the kitchen, grabbed a kettle and placed it on the hot stove.

Twilight smiled back at the baby dragon.

“Hmm. How do you feel about having ruby oatmeal for breakfast?” Twilight asked.

Spike turned around and faced Twilight upon hearing this, a mile wide grin on his face. “You know I do,” the dragon said, reaching into the cabinet and grabbing a box of mixing powder.

"Only one bowl remember," Twilight stated.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Spike said reaching into another cabinet.

"And by one bowl I mean a small bowl. Not a large mixing bowl," Twilight stated.

Spike frowned at Twilight as he grabbed a normal sized bowl for his oatmeal. "You're no fair."

"You'll thank me one day," Twilight grinned as she walked into the kitchen and got to work.

With a snap of her fingers the kitchen came to life. Drawers opened and utensils jumped out and walked up to the counter where Twilight and Spike was.

"Let's begin," Twilight declared, cracking her fingers. A mixing bowl jumped from the cabinet and made its way over to Twilight. "We begin with two of water," Twilight said as a measuring cup filled itself with water from the faucet until it was exactly two cups of water. The cup waddled over to Twilight and dumped the water into the bowl before waddling away. "Next we have the gems," Twilight snapped her fingers as multiple colored gems bounced into the bowl.

Spike licked his lips at the passing gems and tried to snatch one but was stopped as Twilight hit his claw with a spatula. "Finally we mix the oats," Twilight said as the box dumped a pile of oats into the bowl. "Mix," Twilight ordered and with a snap of her fingers the bowl mixed itself until Twilight told it to stop.

"Bake," Twilight ordered as the bowl levitated into the hot oven and baked a while until done.

The bowl levitated out of the oven and back onto the table, after it cooled the bowl poured its contents into Spike's small bowl, which he ate hungrily.

The kettle Spike had put on the stove made a loud whistling noise as it fumed steam out its spout. Twilight took the kettle off of the stove, took a cup, a tea bag from the box of tea bags, poured the water into the cup and placed the bag in the cup causing the clear water to turn brown.

After a few minutes, with their breakfasts done, the pair of friends sat down at the oak table and enjoyed their breakfast. Once they were done, Twilight began her morning routine by going outside and checking her mailbox. It was normal stuff, letters from her mom and dad, a letter from a book store, some book requests, and at the bottom was a golden letter from Princess Celestia.

“Must be important,” Twilight mumbled to herself as she walked back inside. She tore open the letter and read it.

And then she fainted.

When Twilight woke up, she was on her bed, with Spike sitting over her. He was dabbing at her forehead with a cold towel.

“Twilight! You're awake! I was so scared!” Spike said.

"What happened?" Twilight asked as she got up to her feet.

“I don't know, you read this and then you just...collapsed” Spike said, pointing at the golden letter on Twilight's night stand

"What could've Celestia sent that made me faint?" Twilight asked, picking up the letter again and reading it. "Oh yeah, now I remember."

Twilight said wearily and fainted again.

Twilight awoke and grumbled as she sat up in her bed.

"You okay?" Spike asked.

"No Spike," Twilight sighed, picking up the letter again. "I'm not okay. I don't thing I'm going to be okay after this."

"What does it say?" Spike asked, slightly curious.

Twilight cleared her throat before speaking.

“To my most faithful student,” the letter read. “I wish I could be writing to under better circumstances but terrible things have occurred, I wish I had time to chat but I'll cut right to the chase. Enchantria is being invaded by the evil necromancer Queen Chrysalis.
I foresaw this happening, so I sent out a heavily-armed group of fifty or so soldiers out to investigate Chrysalis’s army of the undead, just to check for anything out of the ordinary. Your brother, Shining Armor, was leading that group, and I'm sorry to say but the team was confirmed MIA about 48 hours ago. We are putting together a team of the fastest, smartest, and strongest people in Enchantria to go defeat Chrysalis and rescue the group. I have chosen you, my student, as on of those candidates.

"You must hurry to Enchantalot, for as we speak, soldiers in Chrysalis’ army of the undead are are attacking cities and towns alike, slowly making their way towards Mageville and Enchantalot. Her army is merciless, they leave no survivors and take no prisoners. They need to be stopped immediately before any more innocents are harmed and before any more towns fall to the hands of those undead beasts.
As you know, I would never force you to do this. This is your choice and yours alone. If you wish to not participate you may not. The choice is yours my student.
Your teacher, Princess Celestia.”

"Ah geez." Spike rubbed the back of his neck. "Talk about a lot to take in. There's an evil witch lady raising the dead and your brother's missing." Spike noticed Twilight's mood sadden. "And I just said something I shouldn't have." Spike facepalmed. "Gosh, I'm so sorry Twi-"

"Get your stuff Spike," Twilight ordered, jumping out of bed. "We're going to Enchantalot!"

Spike shook his head in confusion. "Wait what?! You're going to do this?

"Well of course," Twilight responded opening her closest and grabbing her outfit. "If the Princess needs my help then I must answer the call. Plus, my brother is in trouble, I'm kinda obliged to help him. So get ready Spike, adventure awaits!"


The train, the fastest form of travel in the world. A steam powered machine capable of speeds that seemed impossible. The train took Twilight to Enchantalot in less to no time at all. Twilight disembarked from the train wearing a dark purple jacket and white pants along with a wooden staff with a violet gem at its top.

"Twilight Sparkle?"

Twilight turned around to where she heard her name called to see a pale Skyborn man with spiky blue hair and light blue eyes wearing a black jacket over a white t-shirt and jeans with a concealed sword strapped to his side.

"Yes? I'm Twilight Sparkle, who are you?" She asked.

The man approached Twilight and extended his hand in a greeting. "My name is Flash Sentry, I'm serving as captain temporarily until Shining Armor returns. Princess Celestia ordered me to come and get you."

Twilight shook Flash's hand, "Lead the way 'temporary captain'," Twilight joked, causing Flash to chuckle a bit.

"Please, follow me." Flash said as he walked towards the castle with Twilight following. "As you might've known, the princess is assembling a team to take down..." Flash paused before continuing. "You know who."

Twilight nodded, understanding the importance of keeping Chrysalis a secret to the public. "I'm aware, Celestia told me. Who am I working with anyways?" Twilight asked before a twinkle sparked in her eyes. "OOH! Are they high mage's capable of powerful magic?!"

"Beats me," Flash shrugged. "But you'll be meeting them all right now."

Flash led Twilight into a room with six other people: the first she noticed was the princess herself Celestia, a pale, rainbow haired girl, no older than seventeen, who was wearing handcuffs and scowling; a well tanned women who looked about twenty years old with red Armor on and a giant sword at her side; a tan, pink haired girl who looked like she was nineteen; another pink haired girl, dressed all in pink, who looked to be eighteen; and a white girl, literally white as paper, with vibrant purple hair, who was smiling happily.

"Well, what took ya so long?" The rainbow haired girl huffed.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter. This IS my first story after all. Anyway, leave a like if you liked the chapter. Leave a dislike if you didn't. I'll try to make the chapter after this longer. Thanks, Blitz Brigade

Also, many thanks to my amazing editor, TheStoryTeller