• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 288 Views, 10 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh Darkness Over Canterlot High - supersonicfan91



A duel series that takes place at Canterlot High with two friends who want to save their school

  • ...
 10
 288

Chapter 2 Dawn for a New Duelist Part 2

"I'll start off." Card Shark said "I'm Sure you know the rules but let's do a refresher since you only watched but never played. Since I took the first turn I can't draw so I'll play one Monster in face down defence mode and end my turn."

"Ok I'll draw" Shuffle looked at his cards thinking 'defensive on the first turn either he has plan or doesn't have a strong monster in his hand that he can summon yet although this trap card Dimension Guardian can help me get an early lead I just hope this works though.' "I summon Mystical Elf (ATK:800 DEF:2000) in attack mode as well as playing one more card facedown and with that i'll end my turn."

"You must be crazy summoning a monster with only 800 attack in attack mode. anyway i draw and use my facedown monster 'The Keeper of the shrine' and sacrifice it as 2 monsters to summon Dragon Core Hexer(ATK:2300 DEF:3000). Now Dragon Core Hexer attacks your Mystical Elf and destroys it." The attack goes though and smoke filled the area. "I thought you would at least remember how to put a monster in defence mode at the very least."

Shuffle just looked straight at Card Shark and responded saying "but if i did that my trap wouldn't have worked."

"What trap." Shark said thinking of a what card that requires a monster to be in attack mode to activate that he put in Shuffles deck

"This trap Dimension Guardian if you'll look at the field my Mystical Elf is still there at the cost of that attack (Shuffle's Life Points 8000 - 1500 = 6500) take a look at the field." the smoke cleared and sure enough she was still there. "you see for the trap to work I need to have a monster in attack mode to activate it this allows my Mystical Elf to not get destroyed by battle or card effect."

"I know what it does I gave it to you." Shark said stating the obvious

"I know I just like explaining things." Shuffle responded

"Anyway I end my turn." 'I'm sure shuffle wouldn't have done that to save that weak monster for no reason i wonder what trick he is trying to pull off.' Shark thought to himself.

"My turn I'll draw and i'll sacrifice my Mystical Elf to summon my Summoned Skull(ATK:2500, DEF:1200) and he attacks your Dragon Core Hexer destroying it and you lose 200 life points (Shark's Life Points 8000 - 200 = 7800)." Shuffle declared 'Well that clears the field let's see if I can keep it cleared now'

"Well by doing that you activated my Keeper of the Shrine's effect and since you sent a face up dragon monster Keeper of the Shrine comes back to the field." "and that's not all since it was an normal monster I can take one monster from my graveyard and add it to my hand and since the only monster in there is my Dragon Core Hexor I put it back in my hand."

Shuffle was shocked "It sounds like The Keeper of the Shrine will be here no matter how many time I get rid of it I seen his deck duel a lot and i never saw anything but dragon monsters in there so when its on the field I got to kill it last or it will just keep coming back more than it has too.' "In that case i'll finish by playing mystic plasma zone increasing all dark attribute monsters by 500 attack points and lowers them by 400 defence points. including your keeper of the shrine (O.DEF:2300 C.DEF:1900) and i'll end my turn there."

'Lower my defence to make it easier to destroy nice plan shuffle as my hand is now though I don't know if I come back yet. Not gonna make it easy for you though.' Card Shark thought to himself. "Ok I'll draw and i'll just increase my defence with a second monster and end it there."

"If you said so I draw and play the spell card Fairy Meteor Crush and equip it to Summoned Skull" 'Great with Fairy Meteor Crush Summoned Skull now can hurt his life points through monster in defence position.' Shuffle thought to himself. Now I'll place one monster facedown and then I'll attack your face down card"

"Well you attacked my monster big eye. (O.DEF:1000, C.DEF 600) While it does get destroyed and I lose life points (Shark Life Points 7800 - 2400 = 5400) it effect activates I check the top 5 cards of my deck and I can rearrange them to be drawn the way I want to." 'Wow he's doing better than I thought he would be doing.' Shark draws the top 5 cards and looks through them. 'Hey Raigeki Break I'll use this to destroy his Summoned Skull so that will go on top the rest doesn't matter cause i'll use reload for them.' "I'm done arranging them

"Ok then I end my turn." Shuffle said worried about what cards his friend and now opponent just got access to thanks to Big Eye's effect.

"So I draw, i'll summon my Dragon Core Hexer by sacrificing my Keeper of the Shrine, Then I play one card face down and now I use the spell card reload I put my hand in my deck shuffle and then I draw the same amount of cards I put into the deck." 'Let's see if the new cards I draw will help me get the upper hand in this duel.' "Now I use Two man cell battle at our End Phase we can special summon a normal level 4 monster. I also play one more card face down. Then I go to my end phase to special summon The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave in defense mode. That is what ends my turn"

"I draw" Shuffle said starting his turn.

Shark cuts Shuffle off to declare. "and I activate one of my trap cards Jar of Geed. so I can draw a card" " Now i use my other trap Raigeki Break by discard a card from my hand I can destroy one card on the field and I chose your Summoned Skull" 'OK the big one is down. "Try taking me down without one of your strongest cards now." Shark was losing himself to this it has been a while since he felt like he was in trouble during a duel."

Shuffle just looked and thought to himself 'Challange accepted!' "In that case I flip summon Shaddoll Squamata this activates its flip effect to destroy a monster at will and I choose your Dragon Core Hexer."

"I'm sure you remember but that let's me bring back The Keeper of the Shrine back in defense mode"

"Well I 'll just destroy it again (Shaddoll Squamata C.ATK 2300, The Keeper of the Shrine C.DEF 1700) and that will end my turn."

"Fine I'll draw." 'Wow I can't remember the last time I was pushed this much in a duel. This tension feels great and I thought I was just too good a few days ago I feel like I have to get better all over again. Come on Shuffle continue putting your all into this duel cause at this point Win or Lose you're gonna be my Rival in this.' Shark couldn't hide his excitement if he tried at this point "I'll sacrifice The dragon Dwelling in the Cave to summon Krystal Dragon (ATK:2500, DEF:1000) and it will attack you monster and destroy it."

"No your Monster will get destroyed because I use from my hand I play the quick play spell Rush Recklessly. Increasing my attack by 700 points (Shaddoll Squamata C.ATK:3000, Krystal Dragon ATK:2500) (Card shark's Life Points 5400 - 500 = 4900) to bad for me you can bring back your Keeper of the Shrine thou." 'Wow Shark is enjoying himself in this duel. This is fun and all but this just a deck he made it just like he's playing against himself and not me. Until the deck I use is my own I can't feel the joy he is feeling over this.'

"Fine and because Krystal Dragon battled I can grab a level 8 dragon from my deck and add it to my hand. Now I go to my end phase and summon Koumori Dragon in defence mode because of two man cell battle's effect that ends my turn."

"Ok my turn draw." Shuffle saw that he drew Dark Renewal he knew this card would help him out "I place one card face down and use Shaddoll Mata to attack Koumori Dragon (C.DEF: 800) and that will end my turn."

"My turn I draw and I Sacrifice my Keeper of the Shrine to summon my best monster Blue-Eyes White Dragon (ATK:3000, DEF:2500)

"Now I activate my trap card Dark Renewal, This card let's me target a spellcaster type i control and a monster you summon and send them both to the graveyard doing this allows me to summon a Dark Spellcaster to the field from my deck or graveyard and the monster I'm bringing out never went there so I grab it from my deck and summon Dark Magician (ATK:2500, DEF:2100) to the field

"And Keeper of the Shrine comes back but my turn is now over."

"My turn draw, and since there is 2 monsters on the field I can Special summon from my hand my two Performage Hat Trickers then Sacrifice them to Summon my Second Dark Magician. Now one attacks your Keeper of the shrine and the other attacks you directly." (Card Shark's Life Points 4800 - 3000 = 1800) its your turn now."

"I draw a card." His hand only two cards both of which can't be played (Luster Dragon #2 level 6 and Return of the Red-Eyes) 'my field is empty and don't have a card that can help me I lose but I won't surrender I'll let him take it he has earned this.' "my turn is over go ahead and win."

"Ok then and I draw and attack you directly with Dark Magican and finish this duel." Shuffle said actually surprised he won that duel at all. The final score was Shuffle LP 6500 - Shark LP 0

"Heh, looks like the deck I made is stronger than I thought. I also wish I drew better cards to make the duel better" Shark said defeated

Shuffle looked back and said "I'm sorry but, it just feels like i didn't deserve that win though, after all you built this with your cards."

Then Card Shark noticed Shuffle wasn't as happy as he that would be. "Look you may have not have built it but when I built that deck I didn't just slap it together I thought what cards you'd want in your deck so i put thought into each card I put into it and you just proved that you earned those cards from me and besides if you don't like it just get more cards until you don't need the ones in your deck anymore." Card Shark said pouring out how much effort he put into that deck for his friend.

"I'd never replace all of them I'll always keep Dark Magician in my deck it will never leave my deck as long as we're friends." Shuffle said

"To be honest I had a feeling that you'd say something like that." Card Shark said "it also looks like we got a crowd to watch the duel."

"Huh." Shuffle looked around notice the crowd of students some with camera phones out as well.

"I am so Uploading that duel up on dueltube." One random student in the crowd said.

Shuffle then looked at his watch and said "isn't class about to start now."

"you know i think it is." Card Shark said, and so they put up their duel disk and went to class and Shuffle went to hand the deck back to Card Shark. "No keep it their yours now.

After they got to class the teacher in the room said "Ok class today we are going to the auditorium because Principal Celestia has an announcement to make today so leave your backpacks here in the room."

After arriving at the auditorium and all the students settled in the bleachers Principal Celestia came out and said. "Hello students today I got some great news the upcoming Monday will be the start of a week long Duel Monsters tournament taking place at the school more details will be released that day. We will also have three guest from Domino City, Japan to act as trials in the tournament so, If you want to participate you gotta sign up. That is all."

Author's Note:

So now the duel is over and and new tournament is right in front of them

Welcome to deck builds where you can see the exact cards in a character's deck is cause in this story we won't use one-off plot device cards this week is gonna show you Shuffle's first deck which is a Spellcaster/Fiend deck made for him by his friend so here is the list

Monster cards
Silent magician LV4 X3
Shaddoll Squamata
The Bistro Butcher
Mystical Elf
Winged Minion X2
Dark Magican X2
Performage Hat Tricker X2
Fairy Tail - Sleeper X2
Giant Orc
Giant Maju Garzett
Wall of Illusion
Second Goblin
Big Eye
Achfiend soldier
Night Assailant
Summoned Skull
Maha Vailo

Spell cards
Mystic Plasma Zone
Fairy Meteor Crush
Gravekeeper's servant
Rush Recklessly
Magical Dimension
Book of Secret Arts
Mystical Space Typhoon
Raregold Armor
Shooting Star Bow - Ceal

Trap cards
Black Illusion
Counter Gate
Call of the Haunted
Trap Hole
Blast Held by a Tribute
Wall of Disruption
Dimension Guardian
Present Card
Dark Renewal
Sakuretsu Armor
Skull Lair

Well that's it for this week keep watching for next week where we show Card Shark's Dragon Deck