• Published 27th Feb 2017
  • 1,128 Views, 2 Comments

Interview with a Heartbroken Princess - twilightsparkle3562



Manehattan news reporter Hot Scoop interviews Twilight Sparkle about the loss of her library at the hands of Lord Tirek...

  • ...
2
 2
 1,128

"Day of the Interview"

The five days had come and gone like any other set of days as I prepared to board the train to Ponyville and my interview with the princesses. With my notebook in my left pocket and a pack of tissues in the right pocket, I boarded the train and sat at a window seat looking at Manehattan one last time before I looked at the questions that I would ask Twilight and the princesses.

"These questions don't seem like they are insensitive," I thought to myself. "Still, I need to be cautious. The Golden Oak Library was a home, not just a structure. I need to choose my words carefully, I need to be candid."

The train continued along the Equestrian countryside as I continued to prepare myself for what was in front of me. Finally, an hour later, the train arrived at the Ponyville train station and I stepped onto the platform. Now, I was getting closer and closer to my goal. But, there was something else going through my mind.

"I can only imagine what Princess Twilight is going through right now," I said to myself.

And I didn't know it at the time, but Twilight was in her bedroom at the castle of friendship looking at the reflection of herself in the mirror of her bedroom. Even if I wasn't there physically, I knew Twilight was going to be going through this difficult period.

"Twilight, are you sure you want to do this?" asked her dragon assistant, Spike as he walked into Twilight's bedroom. "I mean…talking about losing the library so soon? Couldn't you wait until the time was right?"

"I need to do this, Spike," she answered, turning around to face him. "This reporter has been meaning to interview me for quite some time and you know it. I need to get all these pent up emotions out of me."

"Look Twilight," said Spike. "I know you are a princess and you have been thrust into the public's eye, but even you have limits."

"Limits or not limits," Twilight retorted firmly as she placed her five pointed crown on her head with her magic. "The ponies of Equestria need to understand what I had went through when I was fighting Tirek."

As he heard his boss spoke, Spike began to wish that Applejack was here. After all, she was the one who shooed me away from Twilight while she mourned her library. I will have to admit that there were some ponies who didn't want to speak to me, but they either had no other choice or wanted to get me to talk.

"For crying out loud, Twilight," protested Spike, still holding his reservations. "This is a personal matter for both of us and you are just going to blab about everything we went through? Personally, I think you shouldn't even go with this at all."

But, Twilight didn't listen and instead walked out of her bedroom and down to her library where our interview was to take place along with Princesses Celestia, Luna and Cadence, who had come all the way from the Crystal Empire to be interviewed by me. Much like Twilight, they had been through their own personal hell's when they were powerless and tossed in Tartarus like three garbage bags.

"Are you ready for this, Twilight?" Celestia asked Twilight as she walked into the library and sat down on the sofa.

"Yes," answered Twilight quietly, sitting next to her former mentor and boss. "We all need to air our grievances to this reporter."

"Indeed, we must," remarked Luna. "All of us have been holding frustrations and these kinds of feelings for long enough. Even I have been having nightmares of being held in Tartarus and never making it out alive."

"We all have been having nightmares, dear sister," said Celestia, looking over towards her younger sister. "I know that I have found that speaking to certain ponies is a way of relieving our own personal aggressions. What we did was the only way that led to Tirek's re-imprisonment."

All the princesses nodded in agreement, even Cadence, who had been through this kind of nightmare before when she was kidnapped by the Changelings before her wedding to Prince Shining Armor, Canterlot's former captain of the royal guard.

At that moment, I made my way up towards the tree-like Castle of Friendship which had been placed under heavier guard than normal because all four princesses were present inside.

"I'm Hot Scoop, the pony assigned to interview the princesses," I said to the guards at the front door of the castle.

"Please present your credentials," the guards ordered and I complied, taking out my identification and showing it to the two guards. "Very well, you may pass."

Pulling their spears away, I walked into the castle and upon entering the castle, I was amazed at how huge the castle was even though it was a tree shaped structure. Walking through the halls, I began to wonder and understand right then and there just how that Twilight would be able to get used to living in this place so quickly.

In fact, I tried to put myself in Twilight's shoes for a brief second, just to see how Twilight was able to live in this enormous place. After all, the Golden Oak Library, as I recall, was much homier than this. It was smaller, it was convenient, it was truly home to Twilight whether she was a princess or a student of Celestia's. Then, as I approached the stairs, I was distracted by a large brown object hanging from the ceiling of Twilight's throne room.

"What are you doing?" asked the guards assigned to protect the throne room.

"I wish to see what is in the throne room," I answered. "I'm Hot Scoop, the reporter assigned to interview the princesses."

Much like the guards at the front door, the guards by the throne room allowed me inside and I didn't know whether to gasp or just stand there in amazement. A tree shaped structure was hanging over the throne room with multi-colored ornaments dangling from the roots.

"Impossible," I gasped. "It can't believe that it would be possible, but it is! It's the Golden Oak Library, but only the roots!"

I couldn't see what was in the ornaments, but I had a very good indication that it was important memories of Princess Twilight's time in the Golden Oak Library. Part of me was also beginning to wonder, even for a second, that Twilight losing the Golden Oak Library was no accident.

Could it have been that Tirek's escape was a sign that Twilight Sparkle needed to grow up and accept responsibility? It was strongly implied that it was, but I needed to hear it straight from Twilight herself.

"Are you Hot Scoop?" called a voice and I turned to see Twilight's baby dragon assistant Spike standing in the door way.

"I am he," I replied. "Are they waiting for me?"

"They are ready whenever you are," Spike stated and I nodded to myself in reply that I was ready and I followed Spike towards the castle's library while still keeping the wonders of the Golden Oak Library's roots implanted in my brain.

The time had come for the interview and I was prepared for anything that would come my way…