• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 3,651 Views, 90 Comments

Me and My Lord of Chaos - Abryssle



Discord escapes his fate by shifting dimensions and ends up on earth in a human's house.

  • ...
6
 90
 3,651

The Wait

Just under a day had passed, all the time between my explaining to my waking up after a decent rest. Spike, after getting brought up to speed on the more general details of my getting to Equestria and being repeatedly assured that Discord wasn't dangerous, seemed to mostly accept our presence in the library. It seemed he'd been left with little to do, so when he was in the library (he left to go do some preemptively requested errands at one point) he either just sort of hung near us or actually helped us.

I'd slept in my own, freshly-generated bed, put in the space Twilight was using as her room. Discord had made it with little commentary, besides a single snide comment about me finally giving a command that made complete sense, given the "obvious absence of other places to rest your pretty little head." I'd swallowed that one easily. Better than sleeping in Twilight's bed. That'd just be... Weird. Not to mention that her bed was tiny for a human. The one Discord had made was actually larger than was necessary for me, which was likely to make it comfortable for him when he slept on it, as indeed he did, right behind me, arms wrapped around me in a comfortable, relaxed embrace.

As enjoyable as it was, I had yet to understand why Discord was displaying so much affection. There were possibilities running through my mind, sure: that he was just trying to mess with me, that he was really, really desperately lonely, that he found me godly attractive (I was fairly positive that that one was false), that he was just trying to mess with everyone else... None seemed that likely. He didn't seem desperate, he didn't seem constantly amused by the actions, and he did it when we were alone. And he certainly didn't seem to find me that especially attractive.

Basically, we'd known each other for two days total and he was hugging me, had licked me, (he did that a few more times in the library, most likely to try and force me to respond while in the presence of Spike) and slept with me twice. In a literal manner.

People didn't normally do that, as far as even my rather limited knowledge of romantic interactions understood. For that matter, I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be romantic, let alone if it was.

Regardless, I liked it.

Waking in his embrace did feel weird, though, even if it felt nice as well. His arms hadn't loosened from around me during sleep—as a result, leaving the bed wasn't much of a possibility. Whether or not I would have gotten out of the bed if I could had was unsure; the allure of staying a warm, comfortable bed just after getting up was something I could only occasionally resist when not being held in place there. I twisted my neck to look back at Discord's face. He appeared to be asleep. I could tell, because besides having his eyes closed, his face had that sort of relaxed quality to it that falls on faces during sleep. The lines of his old (and I suddenly remembered that he was old, at least 1200 years so) features were softened. All in all, it lent an adorableness to his odd look.

He gave a sudden murmur in his sleep, and I flinched in spite of myself. It wasn't even a loud murmur. In fact, it was exceptionally quiet. His arms drew a little tighter around me. The fact this happened just after I woke up made Discord's actual state of awareness suspect once again. I tried to just allow myself to give in to the comfort. It worked okay. I didn't move again for what felt like an hour, and I might have even fallen back asleep and then re-awoken.

That was about my limit, though. While I wasn't someone who enjoyed working, mainly because it involved responsibilities that I wasn't quite willing to trust myself with, I also had a low tolerance for not doing anything. This made it very hard for any part of me, including the human instinct that says "stay in the nice warm bed with the fluffy biological heat generator in it," to convince me to not get up at that point. I glanced back at Discord again. Still asleep-looking. If he was faking it, he was both surprisingly patient for a god of chaos and a damn good actor. I shifted against his grasp. He didn't release.

Aw well, my thoughts whispered. Fuck it. He can deal with me getting up one way or another.

I grabbed his talon and paw in hand and yanked them apart and away from myself, while pushing forwards towards the edge of the bed. He resisted strongly for a moment, but then, suddenly, released. As a result, I experienced a minor excess in momentum, which I translated into an uncoordinated, but decently quiet given the circumstances, roll off the bed.

I paused for a moment on the floor before getting up and checking Discord. When I did, I was met with two mismatched red eyes piercing my soul.

"Aw, i'd hoped we could cuddle a little longer."

"Shut up," I said after regathering my wit. I lifted myself from the odd, three-limbed landing position i'd ended my tumble in. "So, you were awake."

"I don't actually require sleep," Discord said cheerfully, sliding his spine up against the back of the bed until his head and upper body were fully upright.

"Then what'd you do while you were in the bed for, like..."

"10 hours and 13 minutes," he contributed helpfully. I nodded. My brain offered the traditional "do you really want to know?" question, but, of course, it was too late in coming now.

"Yeah," I said, nodding. "That."

"Watching you, plotting, and a few times magically delivering ominous messages I wrote about said plots to Celestia. Not much, really."

"Ah," I said. I looked around the room. Nothing had changed, which, really, was exactly what I could have guessed, making my searching look absolutely pointless. "Well, that all seems good."

"Really?" Discord said with mocking disbelief. "No problems with me watching you, then?" I contemplated that for a moment and felt embarrassment flow over the surface of my skin like liquid heat.

"Besides the fact that it's rather creepy, no, not really."

"Well, i'm under the continuing impression you like creepy, so i'll take that as a positive response." I paused a little at that, found it unworthy of the effort of rebuttal, and headed out to the main space of the library. Discord moved after me, phasing through the sheets of the bed as he got up to do so. Spike seemed to be at work on the shelves, reorganizing books atop a ladder that seemed almost comically tall compared to him. I could only guess, since Spike had been mostly with us yesterday, that the books he was re-shelving were the ones Discord had taken out to read that same day. He noted us descending the staircase and lifted an arm in recognition.

"Hey, guys," he said with a light coating of enthusiasm.

"Hey," I said, matching his wave of acknowledgement. We reached the base of the stairs.

"Is anyone else hungry?" Discord asked, as his fingers flexed in the air experimentally. For the first time, I noted how he had avoided using the term "anypony," and, for that matter, other terms like it. Which, considering the three sentient beings in the room were all different species and that none of those species was pony, was really quite logical.

"Yeah," I answered his question. Spike, too, gave a small answer of affirmation. Discord smiled.

"Well, as I imagine i'm still to be on provisions duty between us, Aaron, and I see no reason not to feed you, Spike, while i'm at it, outcast of the harmony party that you are, what do you two want to eat?"

I gave a noncommittal shrug. Spike, though he hesitated for a moment (whether to contemplate his request or dwell on Discord's words, it was hard to say), promptly announced his request.

"Some crushed gemstones? And hold the emerald." Spike, seemingly struck immediately after by modesty, added, "...If you could?" Discord summoned up a large bowl immediately, and above it several varieties of gemstone, emerald not included, with a snap. Then, with a dramatic combinations of arm thrust and fist clench, telekinetically crushed the stones into tiny chunks. As the pieces of shatter gem fell, they spiraled down toward the center of the bowl, mixing themselves neatly. It was all in all a rather impressive display of food preparation.

Do I still call it food preparation if what's prepared isn't something I can eat?

"Aaron, then... What do we eat?" Discord asked, turning over to me. Spike looked at his meal for a moment, mouth watering, and then dove in with no hesitation at all.

"I don't know. I mean, you could do whatever. You don't have to wait on me."

"No, I don't. But then I would know what I was going to eat, and that would be rather dull indeed, would it not?"

"Not... really," I said back.

"Naw, it would be," Discord said, reaching into the bowl of crushed gems and scooping a handful into his mouth. They crunched as he chewed. "Besides, even if it wasn't, I'm making you decide, because you're indecisive and that's funny." Going along with it—a skill I was getting better and better at using—I considered a moment what I'd want to eat, but I got nothing.

"Could you give me some options?" I asked, in a manner that could have been termed whiny.

"Not really. That's one of the few problems with limitless power; Rarely do you have a simple choice of what to do. It makes impulsiveness a rather handy trait." I thought another moment, and, in a burst of inspiration, knew suddenly what I wanted, though it felt as though perhaps i'd already known.

"Hydra meat," I said suddenly. Discord raised a single one of his large white eyebrows.

"Hydra meat?"

"Hydra meat," I repeated. Discord smirked. The sound of Spike eating slid back into the foreground of my thoughts for a moment, a loud sound of grinding and that of stones shifting against one another.

"Just want to try it out, hmmm~?"

"Yeah, I guess. Well... I mean, is it good?" He shrugged.

"Who can say?" Then he gave a wolfish smile. "Let's try it~" He snapped, and instantly a plate of steaming meat slices appeared, hovering between us. Both he and I looked at the meat. The slices were large, and rather odd looking— it had a strange yellowish hue, and it seemed unnaturally smooth. The steam coming off it had a similar color, the normal white tinged light, sickly yellow.

"What makes it yellow?" I muttered, more rhetorically than not.

"No idea," Discord responded. We were still for a moment, and the Discord summoned up two forks, and tossed me one. I lunged for it, but missed, and then bent down to lift it up. "So," Discord said, after a bit of chuckling at my expense. He lifted his fork. "Let's eat."

"That looks sort of suspicious, actually. And it's morning, besides, so I'm not that hungry anyways-" Discord had, as I started to have second thoughts, plunged his fork into the meat and torn off a small piece. He slipped it into his mouth and started chewing. I dropped off my rambling and watched as he chewed. It was a strange, awkward moment. Discord swallowed, and my eyes unconsciously followed the lump if food as it traveled down his long neck.

"Delectable," Discord said in conclusion. He stuck the fork back in the edge of his mouth and sucked the last juices of the meat off the tines. I cast a still-suspicious look at the yellow meat. Discord plunged his fork into the meat, and tore another piece away. He pointed the fork at me. "Here."

"What?" I said, though, obviously, on a conscious level, I was aware of what it meant.

"I'm offering you meat," he said, smiling.

"I don't want it," I said. He moved the fork closer to my mouth, and I twisted to avoid it.

"Sure you do~"

"No," I said, twisting my head the other way as the fork closed in. He jabbed again. I dodged my head to the side. It escalated quickly from there, and I started using my fork to fight off his jabs and make some slow, joking ones of my own, while I ducked and bent and swayed to avoid the food at the end of his fork. I took a fencing stance. It was silly, stupid, and random, yes, but it had been brought about in part thanks to me, and that made it enjoyable. My fork waved back and forth in my outstretched arm, keeping between me and the small morsel being thrust repeatedly at my face.

"Shall we be going to the death today?" Discord said jovially. We started circling around the library floor.

"Aye," I answered, equally mirthful, "I shan't rest 'til i've halted your wicked effort to make me eat your meat!"

"I can't believe they all took you so seriously," Spike said. I glanced over to the tiny dragon, who'd been entirely forgotten. It should have been obvious that he was done with his meal, because the grinding sound of his eating was gone. It had been, when I thought about it. To replace eating, he'd been watching, evidently, which I really couldn't blame him for considering what we were doing. I felt something grab the back of my head in that instant of being distracted, and for a moment my mind collapsed into terror. Timorous, I swung my fork wildly about for two swipes, desperate in that instant to escape. I hit nothing. Discord's fork descended on my mouth in one fast strike, and the meat pressed against my lips.

"The game is mine," Discord said, grinning madly. He'd won the joke contest—that was true. Unfortunately, joke or not, honor still demanded I eat the meat, so I opened my mouth. The meat did not move in, and the force holding my head back (which I could only guess was one of Discord's hands) did not abate. Discord remained smiling, teeth glinting in the wide grin. As per usual. "Say, Ah~" Spike's presence weighed heavily in the air.

Clever bastard, I thought.

"Ah~" I said. I brought out a begging tone, just to ensure he'd put an end to the moment faster. He moved the fork into my mouth, and I tore the meat from the fork. I chewed it slowly. For all my resistance, it tasted quite decent. A little like a tough, oddly-seasoned steak. The force holding my head released.

"So, what do you think?" Discord asked.

"It's okay. Kind of stringy, but it tastes alright." I took another piece, this time by my own volition. I ate it. "Say," I said, as my mind subconsciously turned to the meat, "How do you make a meat you've never tried, or cooked, or anything? Just... think about the concept of Hydra meat?"

"Basically. It's rather easy." He took another bite for himself on his fork. Spike apparently had only paused eating, not finished, because the grinding sound had resumed. "You should really try it some time, having infinite power."

"I don't think that's how that works," I answered back.

"It's not so hard. We'll put you in me and give you the run of things for a while." He pointed a finger at me and then switched it to himself in one quick little arc as he said it.

We'll put you in me, my thoughts repeated. The words echoed inside my skull for a moment before the rest of the sentence caught up to me. "We could do that?"

"You could do that?" Spike added, more enthusiastic and less disbelieving than me. The instant made me remember that for all his mature behaviors, he was a kid. Discord chuckled.

"How should I know?" He abandoned the fork, tossing it into the air. It bent over itself into a spiral, and the seemed to suck itself into oblivion. The sight was oddly mesmerizing, and oddly eerie at the same time. He tore at the remaining meat on the hovering plate with his lion's claws, taking off a substantially larger chunk of yellowish meat than the small ones our forks had been able to take out. "I would be glad to try it, though," Discord added, eating the meat out of his hand with quick bites. It vanished quickly. "And I do believe we all know how much Aaron wants to be inside me."

Sadistic bastard, I thought. Spike seemed to think about that for a second a few seconds before it either clicked with him, or he just got weirded out by the silence of both of us; then only one not embarrassed was Discord, who instead of being embarrassed, had seemingly decided to be amused as fuck. He was laughing hard for the next while. I, disgruntled, opted to cover my shame by eating more hydra meat.

The air was thick enough we could have cut cut some of it out and spread it on toast and other baked goods. I ate in silence, Spike ate in grinding, and Discord ate in between fits of laughter. Spike finished first, and promptly left to realms upstairs.

"You're so cute when you're flustered," Discord said as soon as the small dragon was gone.

"You've said that, yes," I said bitterly. Discord chuckled.

"You know, it surprises me somewhat that you so utterly fail to control that; you are a veteran perverted weirdo."

"Doesn't mean I went around flaunting it," I said after a moment. Discord gave a small cooing sound, on some level both pleasant and angering.

"Well, try to adapt. Later on, if we're to maintain our relationship, being easily flustered..." His tongue flicked mockingly out. "...Could be quite a hinderance."

"We're in relationship?" I said, almost ignoring the rest. It made sense, as a statement made by Discord went, but I couldn't help but pause. The vagueness of Discord's intent up until the moment had been driving me mad. Of course, his verbal confirmation of one suspicion hardly confirmed anything—especially since my second best theory was that he was just messing with me.

"Of course we are," he said, grinning. In a quick darting motion, he pressed his face to mine. The length of his neck basically meant he was just bending down over the plate—I wasn't quite sure why that occurred to me, considering Discord's face was almost pressed against mine. His red eyes were close, inscrutable. "The better question," he whispered, "is what kind?"

I took a step back, into a more comfortable position. "That's true, I suppose," I said. My voice was slightly shaky. Discord laughed.

"This is the sort of thing that i'm talking about." The plate hovered aside, and Discord closed in where it had left a void. He lifted a paw to under my chin, just slow enough that I didn't jerk away or slap it aside on impulse. "It won't do for the king's king to seem uncomfortable in front of their subjects."

"The king's king?" I repeated on impulse. It was a strange turn of phrase.

"The romantically-and-ceremonially-bonded, also-male companion to the king, yes. I've half a mind to make you mine after i've taken over."

"Good," I said stupidly in response. "So we're not going to do the "male queen," thing?"

"Well, we could, if you need our dynamic to be more interesting still." He said. "I call queen though," he added sharply, as though defensive. I could tell he wasn't because the corner of his mouth was still trying to lift upwards into a grin.

"No, no, we're good. I don't care too much. We'll have the same title. It implies more equality." He gave a derisive snort.

"But you issue the orders. How equal is that, in your eyes?"

I issue them because you wanted me too. You could stop following me whenever. And you brought me here to amuse you. So... "Not very, I guess."

He gave a small bow, dropping his body low enough to be beneath me. "I'll accept your charitable agreement with me on suggested future titles, then, my king." He snickered after, though it lacked any sort of meanness to it. I just stared a moment.

"...So..." I started. My mouth grabbed from the strands of recent conversation for a topic. "You're saying our relationship is romantic? Even though we've only known each other for like, what, two days?"

"Yes," he said, lifting himself up. He was still smiling, but for an instant I sensed a kind of sadness in his face. He looked tired. His voice, however, didn't show it. "By my cultural dating standards, we may as well have known each other forever." I wasn't sure what to say in response. I wasn't really sure what I'd say I felt, either, if someone had asked. In what could have been called a decently smooth self-distraction, and walked the few feet over to the plate and ate more hydra. The taste was growing on me, and it gave me an excuse to momentarily get away from Discord. Trying to figure out Discord made me need to momentarily get away from him. It was a hard task; Discord was confusing.

"So we're draconequus dating?" I said after a few bites, mouth full.

"If you'd like to put it that way, yes," he answered.

"I will," I said. Human dating standards suck anyways. I left my fork on the plate as I finished chewing the mouthful and swallowed. "So, what do you want to do, now that we've eaten?" I cast a glance about. I had no desire to do anything. If I were back home, I would have just gotten on my computer, maybe browsed the web for... Well, pony images. Or videos. Maybe listened to some music. Not really things I could do anymore.

That's a grim thought, a cheerful voice in my head said. The discordance of the mental elements shook me for a moment.

"I'm not sure," Discord said.

"Well. Uh. Hmm." I pondered what we could do for a moment. Basically, read, talk... Assorted physical activities. Nothing else but "nothing" came to mind. "Walk somewhere?"

"You don't strike me as the type to suggest that," he said in response. "But, yes, we could."

"Sure. Nothing else to do in Equestria," I said. He snorted again.

"That's a blatant lie. It's like you consistently want to deny yourself your access to infinite power." He smirked. "Still, sure."

"Excellent," I said, stepping towards the door. Discord snapped, and the plate vanished along with the remaining scraps. Suddenly, mid-stride, I felt my body shifting orientation. The wooden floor of the hollow tree rushed towards my face, and my arms did a sort of desperate flailing motion, no doubt in effort to save me. Face met floor anyways. "Ow," I heard myself mutter, bizarrely calm again.

"Are you okay?" Discord's voice drifted into my hearing, sounding oddly distant. My eyes opened. They had closed as I drew close to the ground, and opening them quickly revealed that that was meant to be. My vision was swimming. The wood looked nothing like wood—it looked like hundreds of brown lines, sliding over each other, zipping up and down. The texture was shifting.

Madness sinking in. Or maybe sanity. You were already seeing shit that didn't exist, so... Really, does it even matter which?

"Aaron?" Discord's voice came in. Even more distant. Even more distorted. I detected a hint of concern this time, which made me happy. Or would have, if I hadn't been injured. My arms tried to lift me back to my feet, but they suddenly felt very, very weak. I had a sudden sensation of falling, even though the floor was right in front of my face, and it didn't seem to be moving.

Maybe i'm flying, then, my thoughts offered as I decided I was not in fact falling,despite the sensation. My senses seemed to be shutting down. I felt something touch my back. Discord, maybe.

The hydra meat, paranoia whispered. Discord's poisoned me!

This is an oddly indirect way to kill me for a god, my mind gave, before it too shut off, and the shreds of sensory input I had left collapsed at once into darkness. I fell asleep, I think.

It's hard to say exactly what's happening in absolute darkness.