• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 690 Views, 5 Comments

Equestria: Rise of Grimm - Reaper of souls



Me in Equestria with tons of abilities, weapons, armor, intelligence, technology, and even omnipotence? Sounds awesome right? Well you couldn't have been more wrong my friend. Hear me out as I struggle in this life I never wanted yet wished for.

  • ...
3
 5
 690

Chapter 2: Rebirth

Day 3

"Oh god what do I do?" I said. It was obvious enough that the mane 6 would survive and more obvious that they would send a detachment of soldiers--oh, wait I mean guards. I'm pretty sure the state I'm in wouldn't be very helpful. Still, I had to make a choice, run and hide or surrender. Sure as hell I didn't wanna be hiding or be obedient to someone else.

"Damn it! What am I supposed to in a situation like this? I just need to--What the hell?!"

I had been walking back to the campsite after I found more dead animals similar to the first one and myself covered in blood. Sleep-hunting I presume?

"OH COME ON! I was still going to eat those!" I yelled. It never has crossed my mind that I have a physiology of a pony yet I'm eating dead animals.

There was a trail of blood heading off towards somewhere. I instantly started following the trail, deducing that if I can kill whatever those animals were in my sleep, then I could probably handle whatever took my food......I think.

"COME!"

"Huh?" I started rotating my view, looking everywhere, even the overlooked ones, "Hello!" I ran out into a clearing to make it easier to spot whoever it was that was stalking me, "Is anyone there?"

"OVER HERE!" I swirled my head to the right. There was nothing but an endless sea of green.

"God damn it. Show yourself!" how stupid of me. By this point I had chalked it up to my imagination, paranoia, or fear. After all, I do have hearing loss. Combine that with fear and voila you've got me hearing things that aren't there.

I decided to find the trail again and continue forward.

"COME!"

"Ugh, kill me now,"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was still up, yet it felt like it was taking forever!

I noticed that the trees started changing from their normal colors to a darker shade, their leaves started falling off simultaneously in droves. Soon the rustling underfoot or hooves started turning into crunching as the freshly fallen piles of leaves turned into old dried up ones.

"Ooookaaaaaay, definitely not sensing a Slender Man vibe going on here," I said as I saw the trees change again from rotting to pale and dead looking.

And then I saw it. Towering over all the trees, casting a shadow over me. It was...

"Ahhhh!" I covered my mouth, "Oh wait right! There's nobody here, except for the ponies who will arrive here and, either zap me into stone or imprison me. Actually, both are technically the same if you think about it," I put my attention back to what I was originally staring at, a tree.

Not just any tree.

This tree had all the characteristics of,

"I"m seriously hoping I'm in a fucking Nuthouse," I simply stated. I continued forward, "I came for an animal that took my dead bodies and here I am heading towards-- HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!"

"Ah, you have finally arrived," The same crater I had crawled out of was now full of...of...blood --oh wait more blood--......talking blood none-the-less.

"What the fuck!" I yelled, "Are you what I think you are?"

"No I am not a demon or any other entity," I immediately got suspicious.

"What are you anyways?" I asked again.

"I am you! The Negative version of you that is,"

"So that's what this is about!" I said in realization, "It's another evil clone, twin brother, whatever trying to enact an evil plan that usually gets the good one involved!"

"Are you being an idiot or acting like one?"

"I'm acting like one," i answered, "So what's the case, because sure as hell there weren't any craters full talking blood around here,"

"Here is the case: a being of great power, influenced by our personalities, would have emerged from this crater,"

"You mean if I merge with you we will become that being?"

"Yes, our minds would join in an equilibrium, making each decision made different depending on the conditions," I looked at the ground and thought deeply about whether or not I should trust my negative half, "I know there is very little reason to trust me, but you don't even have control over your half of the powers you gained and I must constantly feed on things to gather strength. Neither of us have the power to take on beings like Discord or Tirek, and are you sure you wanna risk being turned into stone or going through with meeting them under these circumstances?"

Fear controls, manipulates people, and at that moment it controlled me as I walked on the area of blood and it all consumed me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crater was empty, devoid of the blood and the pony that was there once. Now there was just me the pony I am now. My mane, tail, and coat were shiny and inky black. My eyes: the right eye sky-blue and the left eye blood-red.

I was surprised the ponies didn't find me yet, for I stayed like that for three days; fresh-looking and very still, not even breathing.

I lay on my right. My only visible eye opened and turned half lidded.

I breathed for the first time and stood up.

A new day had arrived.

Day 6

'In order to develop my powers I need to avoid them lest I will be to weak to do anything but surrender. I will have to move,' as I finished that thought my ear twitched, alerting me of a dear grazing on grass nearby,

"But for now it's feeding time,"