• Published 5th Feb 2017
  • 549 Views, 0 Comments

Alone - Alfoals Trottenbauer



Ace wakes up with something missing.

  • ...
6
 0
 549

I - Realization

Ace woke up to an oddly quiet morning. He trotted outside, nopony was in the square! He galloped at full speed to Twilight's library.
He knocked on the door. Nopony answered. He opened the door. Nopony was there, books and papers were strewn all about. One read:
'HELP ME', In red, still dripping ink. He slowly came to the realization that it was NOT ink. He shuddered. He dashed out of the library, no longer willing to be there. Just when he left, the tree collapsed.

He galloped to the square. There was a Sugarcube Corner cup with still hot tea in it. Ace sat down to contemplate for a bit. He wondered where everypony went, what happened to them, and why they left in such a hurry.

He figured that since everypony was gone, he could yell whatever he wanted. He decided to say some things. He started with: "BARNEY, YOU STILL OWE ME THAT BEER!". His words echoed repeatedly. Next he said: "SALAD MISSILES!" He figured that was enough.

It came upon him then that everypony he'd ever loved was also gone. He thought he'd go into the castle since nopony was there any longer. It was a long trot. He noticed there were also very few trees.

He stopped moving when he thought he saw a glow in the distance.

He cantered close to it. It was somepony. They looked to be frozen. Every now and then they warped a bit to the side. Their expression was sickly. Their eyes were wide open, pupils small. It seemed as if they were holding in vomit. He looked behind them and saw another. He galloped over to them. They were in the same state, except what the other held, this one did not. Bloody yellow vomit with foam were on the ground in front of it. He almost threw up just seeing it.