• Published 29th Jan 2017
  • 983 Views, 28 Comments

Undertales of Friendship: Adventures and Antics - ngrey651



Various little stories in the "Undertales of Friendship" realm of all shapes and sizes for everyone to enjoy. To make you laugh, make you cry, or make you grip your seat.

  • ...
4
 28
 983

Flutterbat 2: The Resurrection

Zecora looked over the worried Flutterbat, the zebra nodding as she spread some salve on her chest, trying to figure uout her friends recent ailments.

"Fluttershy, my dear animal friend, I fear your transformation was not at an end."

Fluttershy sighed sadly. "I knew it. I hoped my fangs were just a side effect of it all, but it looks like they are not."

Zecora nodded sadly, the two moving to get some apples. For a while now, Fluttershy had kept a terrible secret. Some time ago, during an Applebuck Season (shut up), Fluttershy had fallen afoul of a side effect of powerful mind altering magic. The result was that she turned into a pony/vampire fruit bat hybrid, dubbed the Flutterbat. Thankfully, her friends were able to change her back to normal, and the incident was forgotten by everyone, save for Fluttershy.

But she never was truly cured. For some time she would occasionally use her fangs to suck the juice out of an apple first, savoring how delicious it was fresh from the apple rather than processed even in the slightest, then nomming the remainder and spitting the seeds, finishing a delicious snack no pony could fathom the level of delight in. Doing this act also seemed to satiate her darker side, even for a moment. And i sure came in handy that one Nightmare Night.

Then, yesterday, she awoke to terrible news. One of Applejack's most prized trees in her orchard had been sucked dry, every last apple reduced to husks. The vampire bats were accused but they had stated through sign language (Alphys had gotten quite good at speaking to monsters and the monstrous with that), that they had no connection to it. Worse, given the empty husks by Fluttershy's bed she knew they were right.. .and who did it.

Hence why she was here, speaking to Zecora, a zebra well trained in tribal magic and shamanism. If anyone could help her it was either her or Twilight, but she was lax to see her.

"Zecora, is there anything you can do? Why did this happen? Oh what will I do...?"

Zecora smiled. "While I fear there is naught I can do, I do have some good news for you. Based on those bats, even as one, Your kindness inside was far from done. It seems you shared a treat you stole, so at least your evil is under control."

Fluttershy sighed. "So... I'm domesticated as a bat?"

Zecora nodded.

"Well, at least if no cure is found I won't hurt anyone... I hope. But... what will I do?!"

Zecora smiled. "Fear not dearest Fluttershy, no matter what you will get by. You have lots of friends old and new, and they will know just what to do."

Fluttershy smiled at that. It was true, with so many who loved her and cared for her, be they animal, monster, pony, or even a certain draconequuis, she knew even if she became full Flutterbat she would be loved. Not a bad way to "die" really.

"Ok.... I'm going to see Twilight."

Zecora nodded. "I will go too, friend in yellow, for while I cannot heal, I can keep the curse mellow."

Fluttershy smiled. "Thanks Zecora." She nodded, the two starting off for the palace.

**********************

That night, Fluttershy was not sure she was in good hands after all, as she was locked in a cage. True it was her request but...

"Don't worry Fluttershy, I made it so Flutterbat cannot get out but we can pass through." Twilight said, Starlight nodding in agreement.

"Still, I am actually hoping to see the transformation, and what triggers it. Maybe it can help us Twilight?" She suggested. Nearby, Toriel was preparing some delicious smelling apple dishes.

"Seems like it is worth the wait. And besides, by then Frisk and Chara will be back from Canterlot. I swear those princesses spoil those two worse than I do."

Alphys came in, along with a greystroked Undyne, something Alphys was unhappy about. Everyone looked as Alphys entered, fuming.

"Alph-"

"JUST SHUT UP." She said, eyes blazing. Undyne/Gaster sighed, of course possessing the scientists awesome wife.

"Look I was in a hurry, and was told to get you immediately. I had to think fast! If I knew what you and Undyne were doing I would have waited."

"ANd you SHOULD have!" Alphys said, slamming her books on a table. "We were up to 10 this time, and she was on the verge of 11!"

Twilight coughed, and Toriel snickered. Fluttershy then asked. "Eleven what?"

Gaster/Undyne sighed. "Well.... she was on the verge of o-" Suddenly his spirit was booted out, right into Toriel. "What?!"

Undyne, now herself, growled. "YOU JUST SHUT UP GASTER!!!"

"Ummm.. everyone.. .Fluttershy?" Starlight interjected. Everyone turned and stared, and saw why Starlight suddenly spoke. Fluttershy eeped and winced, suddenly getting bat wings, her ears becoming very fuzzy, her body gaining a similar fuzzy coat, and her eyes suddenly deep red like blood. She let out a hiss as the transformation finished and she was once more the Flutterbat.

"Now now Fluttershy." Twilight said, grabbing an apple. "Easy. We are going to help you, ok?"

Flutterbat tilted her head, smiled, and suddenly licked Twilight. Gaster/Toriel hmmed.

"Fascinating." He said. "A full on metamorphosis, complete with an altered personality. No doubt as if two being inhabited the same body, similar in some ways to the bond Frisk and Chara once had. Very amazing."

Alphys stepped closer, the Flutterbat smiling at her. "Heh heh... she's pretty cute like this."

Undyne nodded. "And AMAZING! Look at those wings! I bet she could match RD beat for wingbeat!"

Flutterbat did not comprehend the words but knew they were pleasant to her, and have a low hiss, equivalent to a cat purring, moving closer to Undyne and rewarded with some head pats.

"Well last time she was a Flutterbat she was feral. I guess since the change was gradual Fluttershy's base personality, kindness at its heart, is also in Flutterbat. So she should be tame."

Alphys nodded. "Plus, since she is now a monster if my scan is right, we may be calming her since we are also monsters. What I want to know is what triggered the change?"

Starlight hmmed. "I'll check. The cage has a recording mechanism so we can look for any kind of unusual changes."

****************

several hours passed with no result, and soon Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Chara, Frisk, and Asriel had all arrived. Spike met them at the door and filled them in, and all reacted differently on seeing the tame Flutterbat.

Rainbow was a little spooked.

Applejack was sad to see Fluttershy like this, thinking her friend was gone again.

Chara was intrigued, loving Flutterhsy's new look (he did like the bat ponies Luna had after all.)

And then there was Frisk.

"How is he doing that?" Twilight wondered, looking into the cage. Toriel, now Gasterless, smiled.

"Well, he had a way of making friends."

Chara nodded. "I bet even the devil himself would become good if Frisk was involved."

There, in the cage, Flutterbat was snuggled up with Frisk, both fast alseep and smiling, Frisk hugging Flutterbat like a pillow, the batpony sucking an apple like a pacifier. It was just TOO cute."

"Well, we know now Flutterbat will NOT harm anyone for sure. Good thing too, given my recent find." Alphys said, everyone looking her way. "I'm afraid it is bad news. Seems Flutterbat can not only get nutrients from juices.. but also from blood as well."

Chara blinked. "Hold on... you mean she really IS a vampire now?!"

Alphys shook her head. "Half of one. She is still Fluttershy most pf the time. But as Flutterbat yes she truly is a human style vampire. As such I fear her condition may be contagious."

Toriel blinked. "You mean..."

"If she bites someone and sucks their blood..... they will become a vampire bat hybrid as well."

Chara hmmed. "I wonder if she is hungry..."

"CHARA!!!!" Everyone shouted, Frisk and Flutterbat sleepily shooting their heads up, blinking sleep out of their eyes.

"What?! I'd be a pretty sweet vampire!"

Toriel sighed. "Yes, and never see the sun again if my memory serves me right."

Alphys froze. "Wait... Toriel, what did you just say?"

"Well.... vampires cannot see the sun."

Alphys blinked. "THAT'S IT! Starlight!"

Starlight, nearby, was examining fottage with her horn. "On it. Twilight?"

The princess nodded and came over to help. Meanwhile, Flutterbat looked over at Frisk. She didn't know, but she could sense this human was a friend. A good one.

YEs... she loved this human. She had to make him one of her, be together friends with him.

"FRISK!" Chara warned, but too late. Flutterbat struck, biting his neck, the boy gasping as Flutterbat suddenly went wide eyed. No! This was wrong! HE didn't say he wanted to be!

But the damage had been done. Frisk winced painfully as Chara and Toriel came closed, Flutterbat suddenly tearing up. No.... What had she done?!

"Frisk.... Alphys! She bit him!"

Alphys walked over, pulling oyut a scanner, Undyne beside her. After a quick scan with the anime inspired device, she sighed sadly. "It's as I feared. A portion of her saliva entered his bloodstream. He's infected." She looked to Flutterbat, who looked sad. "It's ok. You didn't want to hurt him, I know. I see it."

Chara blinked. "How can you tell? She just..."

"Look at her. She's heartbroken. She never wanted to hurt Frisk." She hmmed. "In fact.. .she may have helped us. Flutterbat, please bring him here."

She hesitated.

"Don't worry.. .we won't hurt either of you, though aside from a sample I will collect I will have to quarantine you both."

Flutterbat helped the wincing, shivering boy over. Gently, Alphys collected a small sample of infected blood from the human, bringing it to Twilight. Chara came over as the three set to work.

"Frisk..?"

Frisk winced but smiled. "I'm okay, bro... but you may not want to get too close... your looking.. .kinda tasty...."

Chara gulped. "Don't be going Muffet on me."

Frisk nodded. "I'm trying.... really I am...."

Flutterbat put a wing around him, holding him close. He smiled, showing his teeth were starting to change.

"It's ok.... I know you didn't mean to." He said, petting her. She smiled lightly and nuzzled. Even if they are never cured, at least they would still be friends.

Forever.

************************

Fortunately, the pieces began to fall into place an hour later.

"Alphys is right. Look here." Starlight said, showing an image on a big screen she made with her magic. It showed the first rays of moonlight hitting Fluttershy while the argument occurred. Gaster, now possessing Chara this time, nodded.

"Indeed, the rays of the moon are confirmed to react with the infected blood, causing the transformation. concentrated sunlight deactivates the cell infection, and reverts the host back to normal."

Twilight nodded. "With no memory of the transformation or what they did during it, save maybe as a dream." She hmmed. "So, now we know. My spell was still on her, just in a minute amount. BUt why it activated now I have no idea."

Alphys could answer that. "Remember Twilight, this transformation is cancelled by sunlight. Your spell was basically a concentrated form, weakening it to an almost extinguished state. In such a state it began to adapt and regrow, but this time gaining many of Fluttershy's traits, making a hybrid being, monster and pony if you will, with the basic elements at the core: kindness, love, and friendship."

Gaster spoke up, sounding so odd with Chara's voice. "Hence why she is so tame, and why she regretted biting Frisk. I imagine Frisk, if we could not cure this, would become the first vampire to not only be kind to everyone, but who some might WANT to feed. Thankfully, we have a cure basis now."

Twilight nodded. "Sunlight."

Alphys nodded. "Correct. Sunlight should extinguish the infection and allow the two to revert to normal... mostly. For Frisk this change was recent so the odds are good. Fluttershy..."

Everyone suddenly looked her way. RD, who had been in a silent fear the whole time, finally found her voice. "She is permanent?!"

Alphys shook her head. "Nononononono!" She sighed. "But some elements are. She will still likely have her fangs, and will likely still be a flutterbat on full moons. However, her vampiric state will be nullified, and her personality should remain intact."

Toriel nodded, looking back at the two. Fluttershy was seeming to nurse Frisk now, giving him a bottle of apple juice, which he drank greedily. She smiled. "Let's do it then. I think the magical ones should do this."

Twilight nodded, she and Starlight taking position beside Toriel. Slowly they concentrated their energies on the two, who knew they were about to get help. In one brief moment, Flutterbat contemplated running, taking Frisk as her own and fleeing, to make new, wonderful vampire bats, ones who would be a new society, maybe even be welcomed by Equestria.

But those thoughts faded with Flutterbat's final transformation, as she finally spoke. "Was a nice dream." She said in a soft, almost foreign, voice. Then she shut her eyes, and let the light envelop them both.

******************

Several weeks later, Frisk was given a clean bill of health, now fully purged of the transformation. Fluttershy however would always be part Flutterbat, at leastr on full moons, but at least now she had full control over her cravings and herself.

So she wass glad on a full moon night to be walking with Discord, clothed in black, sipping apple juice by the lake.

"I must say Fluttershy." Discord said. "I kinda like this look. Your rather pretty in the moonlight."

Fluttershy smiled, showing her fangs, and gave a playful love nip.

"Fangs, Discord. Fangs from the bottom of my heart."

Discord smiled, rubbing the little nip, the two hugging as they enjoyed their juice by the light of the moon. Overhead, several colorful fruit bats screed into the night, making a rainbow in the full moon, heading off to find delicious juice to feed upon.