• Published 3rd Jan 2017
  • 547 Views, 19 Comments

Bonding - Bahamut0



Ice and the Crystal Prep girls take some time to enjoy a weekend together. They talk about some of the crazy events of their past, and how it's shaped their present.

  • ...
2
 19
 547

Chapter 2: Memories

"I don't think any of us are going to forget when you showed up at Crystal Prep Ice.", Sunny Flare said. "Things did seem to look up a bit after the Friendship Games."

"I'll say.", Sugar Coat added. "Especially since Principal Cinch was responsible for Twilight turning into a demon and trying to destroy the world to get magic."

"Wow. That must've been rough. I still can't believe someone like Cinch was ever principal..."

Crystal Prep earlier that year....

'So this is CHS's rival school.', Ice thought to himself. 'It is a bit less lively. I bet all the students here are total stuck-ups. This place is pretty high-end.' Ice was walking about the halls, but there was one noticeable difference about him from the other students. The only part of his uniform he wore was his jacket, and he wore it open. And this made him a prime target for a certain reputation-obsessed principal.

"Mr. Ice.", Principal Cinch said sternly. "You are aware that we have a strict dress code here at Crystal Prep." The whole hall was silent as the spotlight was on Ice. Ice turned calmly to face Cinch.

"Hey. I've got the lame jacket on. What more do you want? Because there is NO WAY I'm putting on those itchy dress pants."

"Mr. Ice. Our school has a-"

"Reputation to uphold and blah, blah, blah. Maybe that obsession of yours explains why this school is so lifeless!", Ice replied. "Maybe YOU'RE the reason this place used to be hostile to CHS. I thought the Friendship Games were supposed to be about being friends with other schools. I'll let you in on a secret Cinch: I don't like you. Especially since you caused a student to turn into a monster. All so you could maintain your precious reputation. You've held an iron fist over this school and no one's had the guts to stand up to you. Not today. Lunch period. I hope you know how to play Duel Monsters." The whole school was speechless as Ice left off to his classes. A certain group of girls had also taken notice.

"Well, he's dead.", Sunny Flare stated. "Nobody's EVER had the guts to talk to Cinch like that."

"No one's ever challenged her to a duel either!", Indigo said in awe.

"Not to mention he called her out on the Friendship Games incident.", Sugar Coat added. "At least we'll get a front row seat for him getting curb-stomped by Cinch at lunch."

"I'm not so sure girls...", Indigo said as she took a brief glance at Ice as he walked away. "Something tells me he's going to be then one standing in the end. We'd better head for class. See you all later!" Indigo rushed off to class. Things seemed to go normally until Ice entered her classroom! The whole class was staring at him as he walked over to his seat.

"...What? Do I have something on my face?", Ice asked.

"They're just the leastbit shocked you challenged Principal Cinch to a duel.", Indigo stated with a giggle. "Me? I think it was pretty cool. So can I get the name of the guy who's crazy enough to take her on?"

"Dark Ice.", Ice said with a smile. "But call me Ice. You seem pretty cool yourself. Sweet goggles."

"Oh, thanks." Indigo blushed.

"This is the part where you tell me your name?"

"Oh, sorry! It's Indigo Zap."

"Nice to meet you Zap. Maybe this school will be worthwhile after all." Before either of them knew it, lunch period had arrived as well as Ice's duel with Principal Cinch. Ice was waiting around, and soon enough Cinch arrived. "Huh. To be honest I thought you'd run away from a fight just like the Friendship Games."

"I'll have no problem putting an insolent student like you in your place.", Cinch said with a smirk.

Ice: 8000
Principal Cinch: 8000

"Ladies first.", Ice said.

"At least you have some form of manners. I summon Ancient Gear Soldier! Then I'll play Terraforming to add a field spell to my hand! Now I play the field spell Ancient Gear Castle! All ancient gear monsters gain 300 attack points! Now I'll equip my Soldier with Ancient Gear Tank! Boosting him by 600 more attack points! I'll end my turn for now. I'd be amused seeing you try to overcome my monster now."

"My turn! I draw! I'll end my turn.", Ice said with a smirk.

"Hmph. You must have a bad hand. Attack Ancient Gear Soldier! Rapid Fire Flurry!" Ancient Gear Soldier fired a barrage of blasts from its built-in rifle! But as the attack was coming toward him, Ice had a smile all the while!

"Thanks! You just helped my out! I may take a hit, but that lets me summon a friend to my side!" Ice winced as he took damage, and a swirl of darkness appeared! "When I take damage, Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness shows up to lend me a hand!"

"Sorry I'm late Ice! Hope you don't mind me bringing another friend!", Gorz said with a smile.

"The more the merrier! Since I took battle damage, I can special summon an Emissary Token with attack and defense equal to the damage I took!" The token materialized in a flash of light!

"Impressive, but not enough to save you! I'll end my turn."

Ice: 5800
Principal Cinch: 8000

"My move! I summon Barrier Resonator! Now I'll tune it with my level seven Emissary Token! I call upon the dragon whose fiery passions burn past all obstacles in his wake! Rise! Red Dragon Archfiend!" A pillar of flame shot up from the ground, and a shape shot up as the flames crackled! Large wings emerged, and a dragon came out as the flames died down! "Welcome to the show buddy!"

"Good to see some action. Now to send these walking toasters to the scrapheap!"

"You got that right! I'll attack Ancient Gear Soldier with Gorz! Abyss Slash!" Gorz dashed at Ancient Gear Soldier and slashed at him! Ancient Gear Soldier was then destroyed as his body was swallowed up by shadows! "Now, Red Dragon! Attack her directly! Absolute Power Force!" Red Dragon charged up his fist, and flames wrapped around it!

"Stop me if you've heard this before: You just got burned!", Red Dragon shouted as his attack crashed into Cinch's life points!

"That's all for me. I end my turn.", Ice said proudly.

"You may have destroyed my monster, but you'll still take damage thanks to Ancient Gear Tank's effect! Since it was sent to the graveyard, you take 600 points of damage!"

Ice: 5200
Principal Cinch: 4500

"I draw! I summon a monster in defense mode, set two cards, and end my turn.", Cinch said.

"My move! I draw! Nice! I play Scarlet Security! This destroys all spell and trap cards you control! Gorz, take down her monster! Red Dragon, attack her directly!" Cinch braced herself as she took damage! "I'll set a card, and that's all for me."

Ice: 5200
Principal Cinch: 1500

"Just as planned.", Cinch said. "Each time I normal summoned or set an Ancient Gear monster, I placed a token on Ancient Gear Castle! Now I tribute my castle to tribute summon Ancient Gear Golem!" A gigantic machine monster appeared by bursting out of the castle!

"Well that's a let down. You can only get it out by tributes. Here I was hoping it would pose a challenge. Oh well."

"So what? He's enough to take down your dragon! Even if he does wind up being destroyed in the process. Attack!"

"Sorry, but Red Dragon isn't going anywhere! I activate my trap! Blazing Mirror Force! Your own arrogance led to your downfall! When you declare an attack Blazing Mirror Force lets me target and destroy all of your attack mode monsters and I take damage equal to half their combined original attack points! Then I can inflict the same amount of damage to you! And guess what half of Golem's attack points are?"

"1500...I LOSE!", Cinch howled as Ancient Gear Golem was met with a jet of flame that melted him into nothing and the flames collided with the last of her life points!

"You got schooled!", Ice and Red Dragon boasted!

"It appears I have. Alright Dark Ice. You can keep your outfit of choice.", Cinch said with a sly smile. 'His dueling skills could be of use to me...' Ice just shrugged as he went to meet Indigo.

"Nice job on your win Ice! My friends also wanted to congratulate you." Indigo introduces Ice to the rest of the girls.

'Maybe this won't be so bad after all...', Ice thought with a smile.

Now....

"And that's how this all started.", Ice said with a smile. "Then there was the tournament at CHS. I made my feelings known to Indigo there. And now here we are."


"And we also found out you were possessed by an evil monster and tried to waste your brother.", Sugar Coat added, earning frowns from everyone else. "No offense."

"None taken. I'm just glad things are better now.", Ice said. "And in a way...happy the past happened. Otherwise I might not have gotten the same present." Indigo smiled as she kissed Ice on the cheek, making him blush!

"And you might not be the same boyfriend I have."