• Published 14th Dec 2016
  • 434 Views, 6 Comments

Before The Party - TheEveryDaySparkle

  • ...
5
 6
 434

Prologue: Pinkamena

Author's Note:

HI guys! This is the first chapter of a fanfic i've had stuck in my head, waiting to get out for quite some time. Tell me how you like it. I'll accept any criticisms with an open mind. After all, this is only the first chapter and I know there are things I can improve on. Anyway, Enjoy!

Pinkamena Diane Pie. A straight laced former rock farmer turned baker who now lived with her adoptive parents and current bosses, The Cakes.

She had long since left her real parents behind, choosing instead to spread love, cheer, and laughter all around in the form of her delicious and mouthwatering cupcakes. She didn't just make cupcakes, however. She also made cake and candies, all of which she shared with everyone she knew.

Not that she didn't love her parents to death. It's just that, like all children, she felt that it was time for her to leave the nest.

Everyone in town knew her, and she knew everyone in town. That was her policy when it came to meeting new people. She would always make it her mission to remember all their names as best she could.

She was very polite and never spoke out of turn. When she did speak, it was always in a well mannered voice and she almost never shouted. Her way of speaking was reminiscent of a time long past, a gift from her birth family that she herself was rather thankful for, as it made her mission of making friends easier.

She almost never cried. No one ever saw her sad, and she liked it that way, thinking that if anyone saw her sad, they would be sad too, and she didn't want that. Not even for her sake.

Aside from being a baker, Pinkamena had a side job where she babysat. Mostly it was the Cakes two kids she had to watch over, and she had done it so often, and gotten so good at taking care of them that the Cakes even started paying her extra.

Of course, she still had school, so she made sure to fit it into her schedule whenever she had the time.

The school she attended was none other than the prestigious Ponyville High. It was called that on account of it being located in Ponyville, a town that got its name from all the miniature horses that roamed around the town, lead around by their masters toward the green pastures on the outskirts of the town.

Pinkamena's own pony was a sleek, black one with a shiny coat and mane. Her adoptive parents, Timothy "Carrot" Cake, given the nickname on account of his auburn hair, and Margaret "Cup" Cake, given the nickname on account of her...less than modest time as a younger woman, had gotten it for her as a Christmas present when she was a child. The stallion's long, muscular legs had taken her for many a ride in her younger years, accompanied by her father, who made sure she never fell off, not even once.

When the pony first appeared, tethered to the gate that kept intruders out of their home and good friends from leaving so soon after they arrived, Pinkamena was afraid. The pony was big and scary in her young eyes. Her father ushered her toward it. reassuring her all the way up until they were on the horse and riding it.

After she had gotten over her initial shock at being on the pony, Pinkamena realized that riding a horse was pretty darn fun, and decided to name it Obsidian, in honor of its shiny black coat.

She really did like that horse. The second time she got a good look at it, she fell in love with its coat and how pretty it was. It matched perfectly with her black silk dress, another gift given to her by her birth parents before she left. She treasured that dress like a jewel, never letting it stay dirty and always wearing it when she had the chance, which was usually when they went to fancy places like restaurants and such.

She also had a second pet. An alligator with no teeth, as it had lost them all biting into things it didn't know it shouldn't have, and a rare condition that made him rather small for such a ruthless predator. He was now nothing more than a harmless, cute shell of his previous horrifying majesty.

Now, in school, Pinkamena always had good grades. She had all A's in fact. Her birth father had instilled in her the values of hard work, especially in the realm of education. And just like any good daughter would, she continued to study even after she had left.

She was always very organized, and never missed a single class. She was always prepared and could probably answer every single question in her sleep if it were physically possible.

In fact, she probably did. Her adoptive father "Carrot" Cake always wondered how she was able to keep up with work and school and all her studies at the same time. He later found out she wasn't, when he tucked her into bed after finding her asleep right in the middle of one of her late night study sessions.

This wasn't to say that she didn't have any friends. In fact, she had quite a few of them. Six to be exact. Five good friends that she met in freshman year and one that transferred in during her sophomore year. That one was rather new to the school, and even after a few months of being there, she still hadn't quite settled in.

There was also one other friend that she had. One she had to try a bit harder to make friends with than usual. A power hungry bad girl who had previously had the entire school wrapped around her little finger. This one took the warm hearts of all of her friends, but eventually they all became friends like she had originally wanted.

Pinkamina had the perfect life. She had a job, two loving families, and a great group of friends that she could hang out with. Everything was going as she had always thought it would. That is until...