• Published 16th Dec 2016
  • 525 Views, 3 Comments

Orbiting The Sun - Zexoguy



My name is Crescent Moon and I've fallen in love with a girl named Sunset Shimmer.

  • ...
10
 3
 525

The Shimmering Sun

I was twelve years old. My big brother Meteor Strike dragged me to a high school basketball game. I honestly didn't care about basketball myself, but the friend of somebody that Strike knew was playing and he had already promised that he'd be there. Unfortunately for both of us, our parents were out on a date that night and that meant Strike had to be responsible and keep an eye on me. So there I was. Strike's kid brother who was only there because he had to be, surrounded by loud screaming teenagers.

"Hey Strike!" a guy called out from the bleachers. He had spiky blue hair and was wearing a shirt with a blue shield and a lightning bolt on it. He waved us over to come sit by him.

"Hey Flash!" Strike called back. We went went over and sat right next to him.

"Who's this?" Flash asked.

"This is my brother Crescent Moon," Strike answered. "Our parents are out tonight, so I had to bring him along."

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Crescent," Flash greeted me.

"Nice to meet you, too," I responded politely, shaking his hand. I really just wanted to get this whole thing over with.

"Is Sunset here yet?" Strike asked his friend.

"Yeah. She went to the bathroom. She should be back any minute," Flash replied. "Oh, here she comes."

And that's when I saw her. I turned towards the entrance and saw a girl with bright golden skin and fiery red and yellow hair. She wore a dark overcoat and a teal blouse that kind of showed off her fairly big breasts, which even from a distance I could tell were bouncing with every step she took. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I hoped to heaven above that this was the person they were waiting for. My prayers were answered when she climbed up the steps of the bleachers and headed straight for us.

"Hey Sunset," Strike greeted her as she arrived.

"Hi Strike," Sunset replied in a soft voice. Then she looked down at me with her sparkling teal eyes. "Is this the little brother you told me about?" she asked.

"Yep. That's Crescent Moon. I'm watching him for my parents tonight."

"It's so nice to meet you," she said to me with a big, friendly smile. I tried to smile back as I shook her hand, but it came out awkward with a goofy little chuckle. I managed to give her a 'you too' as she sat down right next to me.

As the game went on, I didn't really pay much attention to it. I was too busy paying attention to the stunning woman next to me the whole time. I watched her get excited when she cheered for her friend on the team. I admired her enthusiasm in supporting her friend. She almost caught me staring at her a couple of times out of the corner of her eye. Whenever she looked back at me, I quickly turned my face back to the game to avoid looking creepy. I really loved getting to hang around her that whole time. I got to hear her laugh whenever Strike and Flash did something silly or dumb, like when they had an argument over with rock band was better between Enginebrain and Steel Blimp (for the record, I was on the side of Steel Blimp). Sunset had the coolest, friendliest sounding laugh ever.

-----

When the game was over, the four of us convened outside the gym. Canterlot High didn't win, which was a shame, but I didn't think it was anything worth crying over. Though, I couldn't say the same for the players. I didn't know how they were reacting, especially Sunset's friend if she was really as intense as Sunset said.

"Okay, so I'm gonna go talk to Dash and the others," she said, "and then afterwards, what do you say we go get some late dinner at Dragon Burger?"

"Sounds great. I'm game," Flash answered.

"I'd love to, but I should probably get Crescent home before our parents get back," Strike said.

I really wanted to hang out with Sunset Shimmer a little longer, but Strike was probably right. As much as I didn't want to leave, I didn't want Mom and Dad to get upset either.

"I get it," Sunset said. "I guess we'll see you in school on Monday, then. It was nice meeting you, Crescent."

As she bent over to say goodbye to me, I tried hard to keep my eyes from peeking down the front of her shirt. She looked at me with the sweetest, prettiest smile I'd ever seen. I tried to come up with a coherent sentence to say to her.

"Uh... y-yeah.... It was nice to meet you, too," I stammered, finding it hard to keep eye contact. "I... I hope we can hang out again sometime."

"I'd like that," she said with a slight giggle. Hearing her say that pretty much made my night.

"Well, see you later, guys," said Strike. We all waved goodbye to each other and Strike and I headed out.

-----

It was pretty late when Strike and I got outside. Mom and Dad would probably be home soon if they weren't already. We got in Strike's car and started heading home. We barely made it out of the parking lot before Strike gave me a cocky-looking smirk.

"So what do you think of my friends?" he asked me.

"They're alright," I said. I didn't want to tell him what I was actually thinking.

"Just 'alright?'" he asked, like he was fishing for something else, but I didn't know what. "'Cause you sure seemed to take a pretty big liking to Sunset Shimmer back there."

I froze in my seat. Had he actually noticed me being all creepy and staring at her for the entire game? "I-I don't know what you're talking about," I lied, trying to hide the redness of my face.

"Oh come on, bro. You can't hide it from me. I saw you checkin' her out."

"Yeah well.... whatever!" That was the only defense I could come up with. "Just mind your own business, okay?"

"Hey. You're my brother and Sunset is my friend, so it is my business. Don't worry, though. I promise I won't tell her anything."

I was slightly relieved to hear that. "Thanks," I said.

"That's your job," he concluded. That put me right back on edge.

"Wait, what? Are you nuts?"

"You gotta tell her, Crescent. You don't wanna be just some creepy stalker, do you?"

"I'm not a stalker."

"You kept staring at her for pretty much that whole game."

"W-Well I..." I didn't have a good comeback for that. "Fine," I said. "but what difference does it make? I'm only twelve and she's like sixteen."

"Trust me, bro. I know where you're coming from, but you have to tell Sunset how you feel about her. Because if you don't, you're gonna regret it for the rest of your life."

I thought about Strike's words. He was probably right, but I still wasn't sure. "Well... even if I wanted to tell her, when would I ever get the chance?"

"Don't worry. You leave that to me."