• Published 20th Dec 2016
  • 393 Views, 2 Comments

Hoping This Finds You Well - Valiant Hearts



A letter attached to a parcel and a young stallion who is determined to deliver them.

  • ...
 2
 393

Reminiscence

My Darling,
It had been several moons since we last exchanged words but I wanted to let you know that I have not stopped thinking about you since. The days go by slowly but after each day I feel closer to you already for my time of service is almost over. But I fear that my days will go by slower each time, it's tough not being able to see you and the only friends that you have would be your squad mates and captains. But I would enjoy nothing more than to feel your touch. To the Courier/Messenger/Mail Pony that receives this letter and delivers it safely to my dearly beloved, you have my greatest thanks. The attachment to this letter holds something very dear to me and I will have no choice but to send it to the safety of our home, but my wish is that you don't open it until my return.
Deepest love and strongest bond.
Your Little Soldier.

Solar re-read the letter over and over looking for some sort of clue, bit of information, name, address, but to no avail. Nothing appeared or happened whenever he did. Solar sighed to himself in dismay. "To be assigned to a parcel and stack of letters that has no information would be as challenging and difficult as finding a needle in a pile of hay." But whatever the cost, it was his job to do whatever his boss told him to do. Which was a real pain due to the fact that Solar's boss is a total jackass.

"Phoenix! Make sure you deliver this package and this mail! Report back to me at 6PM!"

"Phoenix! Get your lazy ass up and get to work!"

"Phoenix! Congrats, you get to stay overtime!"

And so on. So being the good courier that Solar is he does what he has to do in order to feed himself and pay late rent for his already ruined apartment at Cloudsdale. And trust me, it was far from worth it. But this was the only job where you meet the attributes. Flying

So there he was, house to house, delivering the packages and parcels that he was told to do. But it was nice on his behalf to walk around and say "Hello" to somepony every once in a while. But nevertheless it would be better than trying to deliver a parcel to someone or something that probably doesn't exist.

"Phew...finally done for the day..." Solar brought his satchel to his neck and stretched his wings as he prepared to ascend from the Earth to Cloudsdale. "Cmon where is it?!" Solar shuffled his wings hoping for his key to fall from the layers from his wing. *ting* "Finally." And so he grasped his key and unlocked his apartment and walked in. Ready for a refreshing shower he took off his glasses and threw them unto his bed along with his satchel and scarf. As he trotted over to his bathroom he couldn't help smile until-. *Knock Knock* "Huh?" Solar rubbed his mane and quietly walked to the door of his apartment and peeked through the hole, but he wasn't expecting to see his boss. Or even know that he knew where he lived. And with that thought he opened the door.

"Yes?"

"Solar! What in Celestia's name are you doing?! I still haven't gotten a report that you completed all of your deliveries!"

"Well, Mr-"

"I don't want excuses, I want answers!"

"Holy shit, was this guy gonna explode his lungs shouting at me specifically?!" Solar thought to himself quietly without listening to the raging stallion on his front door as he kept ranting about lowering pay and demotions but he didn't take it too seriously. Instead he just left him with a "Sorry Boss, it won't happen again." And with that, slammed the door on his face mid-sentence.

"Finally..." Solar sighed and went back into the bathroom and finally took his shower and prepared himself for the next long day of delivering.

As Solar woke from his slumber he yawned and reached over with his hoof to grab his glasses. Getting ready for his usual routine, shower first, breakfast and coffee, the usual that you would expect everyday from a hard-working stallion. Though it was getting boring. He wanted something unexpected to happen, but nothing out of the usual. (Obviously)

But instead he looked toward the stack of letters, while curiosity peaked his mind and set him off as he slowly grabbed another letter
with his wing. Slowly adjusting his glasses he began reading.

Darling,

I have received your last letter and had hoped to see your response in my questions.
What is it like back home?
Has anything changed? What is it like to be home alone without anyone to hold you?
And many more, I hope that you manage without me until I return.
Your presence is what keeps me going through this cursed war, and it motivates me to come back to you. Until we meet again my sweetness...I love you all the way to Equestria and back. But I guess you know that already. I hope to hear more from you
and the progress of our child.
Until I return to our Canterlot home I will have no choice but to let time to take it's course.

Solar's eyebrow raised slightly and he gently set the letter back in it's rightful place.

Then he finally stretched and let out a big yawn, getting ready to regain his lost energy,
preparing himself for the deliveries of the rising sun.

Setting his glasses onto the desk next to his bed and tossing his scarf over to the bed frame he rest his head upon the comfort of the pillow and fell into a deep sleep.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading the first chapter of my first story! I hope you're enjoyed it.

Thanks to http://www.fimfiction.net/user/LightningSword for giving me some advice and help on the fanfic! :pinkiehappy: