• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 768 Views, 4 Comments

I Am Lonely, Not Alone - Cinnamon Clover



10 years after her sister's death, Emy still cries to sleep but with her friends' help she moves on.

  • ...
 4
 768

Prologue

I Am Lonely, Not Alone: Prologue


Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Hasbro), Scootaloo (Hasbro), Apple Bloom (Hasbro), Sweetie Belle (Hasbro), Fluttershy (Hasbro) and a large portion of the characters in the story (Hasbro unless otherwise noted). All I own is this story, the stories that prequel it, Emerald Glow, Guardian Angel, Jasmine Changeling, Ruby Shimmer and Peddles Zoom.


Summary: Ten years after her sister's tragic accident and death, Emy still cries to sleep over the loss of her sister but, with help from the ponies who care for her, she learns to cope with her loss and move on.


Chapter Summary: Emy relives the darkest time of her life, her sister's tragic accident and death, through a nightmare and her fiancé, Guardian Angel, comforts her.


"Ok, here I go!" Scoot called to the other Cutie Mark Crusaders as she took a running start straight towards a cliff.

She was taking yet another attempt at flying. This time over Ghastly Gorge. It would ever be an epic success or miserable failure. It was the latter.


It was just about five o'clock as Fluttershy prepared a delicious salad for her small family.

'They should be back in a few minutes' the young mare thought to herself as she chopped the lettuce.

Suddenly, a desperate voice broke the silence in the air.

"HELP! MAMA FLUTTERSHY PLEASE HELP! SCOOTALOO WON'T WAKE UP!" Emy cried at the top of her lungs.

And with that the yellow pegasus rushed out the door to the aid of her adoptive daughters.


"Emy, is that you?" the orange pegasus asked groggily as she rubbed her eyes.

She was laying on a bed in a sterile white room, connected to tubes and wires of all sorts.

"Yeah, it's me." her counterpart replied trying to hold back her tears, "Scoot, I need to tell you something."

"What?" her companion asked curiously.

"You severly damaged one of your organs. I can't remember which one it was, but it was important." Emy answered trying to keep her composure, "Scoot, you're going to die before the end of the week."


Emy stayed with her sister all week. Miss Cheerilee, was the most understanding teacher a filly could ever ask for, told her it was OK to stay with her sister during school and "Mama" Fluttershy was also with her the entire time. It was the seventh day and they thought Scootaloo might miracilacy live. Too bad her wounded body said otherwise. Mama Fluttershy had left to go get some dinner for her fillies when it happened.

"Emy, I think today's the day." Scoot said calmly

"What do you mean?" her twin asked softly.

"I think it's time I joined our parents."

"NO! Scootaloo don't say that!" Emy said now sobbing.

"Emy, I wish I didn't have to go but I don't think I can stay much longer. Now, Emy, I have something to tell you before I go." her sister reasoned with her.

"What?" Emy asked, still sniffling.

"Emy, I want you to do one thing for me for after I'm gone. Don't give up, Emy, you'll find your way in this world. I know you can do it. Your my sister..." her voice trailed off as she closed her eyes for the last time and her chest stopped rising.

A long low ring filled Emy's ears as she cried over the corpse of her sister.

"Please, don't go Scootaloo. Please, don't leave me like this. Please, Celestia, this is too early!" the adolescent unicorn pleaded but to no avail.

'You told me you would always be there, Scoot.' the glowing unicorn cried inwardly, 'We were gonna earn our cutie marks and grow up together. We were gonna find some nice colts and get married. We were gonna have a competition to see who could spoil their niece or nephew more. I know you thought otherwise but I don't think I'll be able to live without you, sis.'

A orange gemstone in the shape of a scooter was now on her necklace. Her birthparents, grandparents and now her sister were gone. And Emy felt all alone.


Emerald woke up in a cold sweat, awaking her fiancé, Guardian Angel. He was a twenty two year old snow white pegasus stallion just a few weeks younger than Emerald with a golden mane, deep blue eyes and a shield with angel wings on it as a cutie mark. Emerald was now no longer the clumsy filly with glasses, rather a young, intelligent unicorn mare, who quite literally radiated with beauty, with green frame glasses worn over her amethyst eyes and a book and quill cutie mark.

"Honey, did you dream about when you were watching your sister die, again?" the pegasus asked comfortingly.

It had been nearly ten years since her sister passed away and the wound in her heart never completely healed.

"Yeah, but I'm fine." she responded as she looked teary eyed at the orange scooter shaped pendant on her necklace.

"Please try to go back to sleep, Emerald. We're house hunting in Ponyville tomorrow so you'll need your sleep. Besides, you look so cute when you sleep." he requested in his deep, caring, angelic voice as he gently caressed his hoof through her dirty blond mane.

It had been a long time since Emy needed medicine to help her fall asleep, but it was still hard for her to go back to sleep if she woke up during the night.

"Oh, you." the glowing unicorn accepted the flirt with a slight giggle before receiving a peck on the cheek from her lover, "Night, Guardian."

"Night, Emerald." her pegasus partner said softly.

A few minutes later, both Emerald Glow and Guardian Angel were asleep as they cuddled each other. Unfortunately for Emerald, she had to relive the darkest time in her life, again. Not that this was new to Emerald She had been having the memory haunted her dreams for the last ten years.

It still hurt. Emerald had been present for the deaths of all her family members and seeing the only one who would always be there fall silent right in front of her killed her from the inside out. She was just really good at hiding it.