• Published 11th Dec 2016
  • 488 Views, 34 Comments

Holiday Hijinks - Bahamut0



Burst and the gang celebrate Christmas. It's gonna be one heck of a party!

  • ...
5
 34
 488

Chapter 5: Frozen Face-Off

Starlight was silent. She couldn't believe that the thing that was trying to ruin the holidays looked like her! Shadow noticed her nosedive in mood, and went to check on her. "Hey Star? Are you alright?"

"Oh! I'm fine Shadow. Just...taking this all in."

"You're worried about that thing that looks like you, aren't you?" Starlight was silent for a whole minute and pulled Shadow into a tight hug.

"It just brings back those memories! What I did! How I tried to hurt you and your friends!" Starlight began to tear up, but Shadow held her close.

"Starlight. You know that isn't you. There's no way it could be."

"I know. But just what is it?" Burst came in and addressed the two of them.

"We'll be finding out pretty soon. Twilight and Sunset have rigged up a sensor to detect powerful evil energy and magic. And they just coupled it to the tracker Santa gave us. You two ready?" Shadow gave him a thumbs-up and Starlight nodded slowly. "Alright guys. Let's rock the dragon!" The group gathered in the living room. "Sunset, Twi? Are you ready to try that teleport spell?"

"We've got it ready and waiting. But you might wanna stick together. It's untested.", Sunset warned.

"...Do it." The group braced themselves as Sunset got the spell ready, and they were all teleported to the location of the creature that looked like Starlight. And when they arrived, they were shocked to see a whole castle made of what looked like pure darkness! "Well...at least the place is easy to find." Burst kicked down the door and the group slowly entered. "Guys? I don't think we're alone..." From almost out of nowhere, monsters that were made of the same darkness materialized! "This thing really knows how to roll out the welcome mat!" Burst and Inferno then summoned their weapons! "Ace, Shadow, Ice! You guys have new drago arms! How about you open up your new toys!" Ace summoned a sword modeled after Timaeus, Shadow materialized a spear modeled after Dragluon, while Ice summoned a gigantic sword that was modeled after Red Dragon Archfiend! They charged at the monsters that surrounded them! Taking out many with powerful slashes and a hail of blaster fire! But they just kept coming!

"Oh man! I don't know how much longer we can hold out!", Inferno said as he was surrounded by a horde of shadow monsters! Soon, the enemies that swarmed him were destroyed! Inferno looke around, and saw Rarity sheathing a sword that had gems along its blade.

"Would you like some help with these ruffians darling?", she said with a cute smile.

"I certainly would!" Inferno and Rarity were holding off their own wave while Burst and Moon were facing off against their own swarm of enemies!

"I gotta say Moon, you're certainly no damsel in distress!" Burst said as he held off a wave of shadow monsters! Moon had just taken care of the wave that was coming at here with a blast of magic!

"Is that a problem?", she said with a smirk.

"You kidding? That's one of the things that makes me love you so much!", Burst said as he fired a shot at a monster that tried to take a swing at her! Moon then took down the next wave with a series of quick slashes! Celestia was calmly watching, and summoned a sword with her magic, and plunged it into the ground! Releasing a massive wave of light magic that destroyed all the monsters! Satisfied that they would no longer be of any trouble, she dispelled the sword and smiled pleasantly.

"I believe that takes care of that minor nuisance." Burst's jaw dropped!

"Remind me never to get on your bad side." Celestia giggled.

"Oh Burst. That's not possible. I could never stay mad at you." Celestia said as she hugged him.

"Hate to break up the love-fest, but I think the big-bad's noticed us!", Rainbow said as she pointed to the creature that looked like Starlight! It even had her voice when it spoke.

"Well, well. Looks like I have uninvited guests in my home. I believe this is what you're looking for?", it said with a smirk as it brought out the chrono-disruptor with its magic.

"Who or what are you?!", Shadow demanded.

"Call me...Darklight. And I'm the one who will finally destroy all of you!" Darklight then summoned a duel disk! "So who'll be the first to fall by my hands?"

"I'll duel you!", Starlight said as she activated her own duel disk! "You've threatened my friends, and while wearing my face! I won't let you hurt any of them! You're not me!" A low chuckle escaped Darklight as she removed her mask. Starlight was horrified at the sight! It was like chunks of malefic armor had merged with her face! Twisting her appearance!

"Oh, but I am you Starlight! I'm the part that desired the dark strength you've given up! And once I beat you, maybe I'll do a number on your loving boyfriend! You can't escape me!"

"Then it's a good thing I'm sick of running!"

Starlight: 8000
Darklight: 8000

"Since this is my dwelling, I'll take the first move!", Darklight said. "I play Trade-In to discard a level eight monster and draw two new cards! Now I can normal summon Galaxy Knight since the monster in my graveyard was a galaxy monster! Now I can target the Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon in my graveyard and special summon it! Now I overlay the two of them to summon Galaxy Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon! Now I'll use him as xyz material for another xyz monster!"

"What?! Two xyz summons in a row?!", Starlight gasped! Darklight sneered.

"Rise on up! Dragon of the stars that carries the fury of a black hole! All that stands in our way will be decimated! Number 95! Galaxy Eyes Dark Matter Dragon!" A fearsome dragon that looked like it was made of a darkness appeared on the field. It's very presence sent a chill down Starlight's spine! "Now that he's been summoned, I can send three dragons with different names from my deck to the graveyard! Now you have to banish three monsters from your deck!" Starlight frowned as she sent three of her monsters to the graveyard. "I end my turn."

"My move then! I draw!", Starlight said as she drew a card. 'Darn! I cant get any decent monsters our except Photon Satellite! Well this is better than nothing!' "I summon a monster in defense mode and set a card face-down! I end my turn!" Darklight sneered.

"You're a fool if you think that can save you...you're wrong! I play Shield Crush to destroy your defense mode monster! Attack her directly Dark Matter! Dark Matter Stream of Oblivion!"

"Aaagh!" Starlight cried out as pain ripped through her from the force of Dark Matter's attack!

"I believe you're suffered long enough, so I'll end my turn. But don't worry. The pain is far from over! Oh how wonderful this is! First I reveal myself and wreck the most wonderful time of the year! Now I've frozen all of time! And the best part is, you'll be sure it was all your fault!" Starlight managed to get up, but was shocked to see half her body frozen! "Do you like it? I've raised the stakes for our little duel! If you lose, you'll be frozen with the look of terror and regret on your face for all time!"

Starlight: 4000
Darklight: 8000

Starlight was panicking on the inside! She had already lost half her life points in one attack! 'I messed up big this time! Everyone...I'm so sorry!', Starlight thought to herself. Then, a voice went off in her head, and Galaxy Eyes Photon appeared before her!

'It's not over yet Starlight! Just when things seem the darkest, that's when the light shines through the most! Your friends aren't giving up on you! Even now they're cheering you on! And now the time has come to truly use the power of our bond! Are you with me?' Starlight nodded. In a flash of light, Starlight was transformed! She had wings like Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon, and stars seemed to swirl in the irises of her eyes!

"I'm not going down that easy! I draw! Perfect! I play Photon Lead to special summon Galaxy Eyes Cloudragon! Now I tribute him to special summon Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon from my hand! Now I play Galaxy Expedition! Since I have a level five or higher galaxy or photon monster, I can special summon another level five or higher galaxy monster from my deck! I special summon Galaxy Knight! Now I overlay my two monsters! I xyz summon Number 62! Galaxy Eyes Prime Photon Dragon!" Soon, a rainbow-colored flash went off on top of in Starlight's hand! "But I'm not done yet! I play Rank-Up-Magic-Harmony's Force! I'll use Photon Prime and his overlays as the materials for a new galaxy dragon! I xyz summon, Number C62: Galaxy Eyes Aether Dragon!" Soon, a dragon made of pure light descended from the sky! Unlike the other Galaxy Eyes Dragons, this one was wearing no armor! "She's unaffected by card effects! And to top it all off, her base attack is 3500! Now for her best effect! By using one overlay unit, I can target and banish one monster you control and gain it's attack points! And I can attack you directly! And if it was an xyz monster, Aether can do as many attacks as that monster had overlay units! Let's end this Aether! Aether Photon Stream!" A beam of pure light shot out from Aether's mouth and struck Darklight directly! "And now for the final attack!"

"NOOO!", Darklight screamed as she braced herself for the final attack! Dropping her life points to zero. Soon, she began to crack! "It's not over! If I go down..I'M TAKING ALL OF YOU WITH ME!" The group braced themselves as Darklight exploded in a wave of dark energy! But the end did not come! Galaxy Eyes Aether Dragon had absorbed the attack and neutralized it!

"I believe you'll all be needing a ride home?", she asked as she let down her wing. Burst and the others got on and flew back to Gold and Pegasus's mansion at light speed!

"Hey everyone! What did we miss?", Burst asked as he and his friends met up with their families.

"Well, there's a letter addressed for you and your friends.", Aether Stream said. "The one who dropped it off said it was very important." Burst took the letter, and read it.

"Dear Burst. You and your friends have saved the world, and perfectly balanced it with a social life and love interests. I can't thank you and your friends enough for your help this night. So as thanks, you can all expect to find very important presents under your trees tomorrow morning! Sincerely, SC." Burst smiled. "I think I know who sent it. But for now, we've all had a long night and a great party. I say we all head home and get some rest. Because tomorrow, we've got one heck of a morning!" Burst and his friends smiled as they hugged their respective significant others and headed for home. As he got home, Moon seemed quite happy in particular. "I take it you're excited for tomorrow?"

"I just can't wait to see what Santa got me!", Moon said with a smile. "And I also can't wait for Celestia and I to give your our presents tomorrow too." Moon then kissed Burst.

"Any hints?"

"Nope!"