• Published 10th Jul 2012
  • 946 Views, 8 Comments

Cockatrice+Chaos=Living statue? - DragonKittey9



After being turned to stone Raggedy Majesty is finally back to normal...more or less... well, less.

  • ...
3
 8
 946

Chapter 1

Cockatrice + Chaos = Living statue?
Chapter 1

My name is Raggedy Majesty (just call me Raggedy, Raggs, or any other variation of Raggedy that isn‘t Raggedy Ann, heard that one too many times), my special talent is fixing toys. I’ve always had a problem with standing still, maybe it’s a Pegasus thing, but it just never appealed to me. There’s always something to do and somewhere to go. I guess that’s how this happened to me.

It began when I went to ponyville to visit some friends. Being from manehattan, it was nice to visit a small town like ponyville. I was supposed to stay at my friends house for a week, then I was going to head back home… If only I wasn’t stupid.

It was the third day of my stay in ponyville and I was getting restless. My friend told me to stay away from the Everfree forest because of the dangerous creatures that live there. Now if I was smart at all I would’ve heeded my friend’s warning and stayed far away from the Everfree forest, but no, I quickly decided to go on an exploration mission… oh how stupid I feel now.

The Everfree forest is a terrifying place that sent shivers down my spine as I quickly got lost in it’s labyrinth of trees and strange plants. By the time the sun was setting, I was more lost than I could ever imagine, and me freaking out probably just made my situation 20% more worse (I’m so sorry, I just had to use that joke).

I eventually gave up trying to find my way out by walking and began to fly away, but that was quickly stopped by a gazillion tree branches trying to rip my wings apart as soon as I tried to pass them. Landing very ungracefully (Crashing) on the ground, I began to pick all the sharp objects out of my feathers.

A loud cry filled the surrounding air and I, as quickly as comically possible, hid under a bush. The fear of a scary monster that might try and gobble a Pegasus up overpowered the pain the thorn bush I was hiding in gave me.

A strange creature came out, it had the head of a chicken and the body of a snake. By the way, make sure you pay attention in mythology class, because failing mythology in school (like I did) can really cause problems in a situation like this. Anyway, I had no idea what it was so I did the only thing that seemed reasonable at the time, I ran like a bat out of Hades.

At the time I thought it would be a good idea to get as far away as the thing as possible, and I think I got a decent head start (The monster probably didn’t expect a pony to pop out of nowhere and run screaming like a little filly).

I ran as fast as I possibly could, avoiding as many trees as possible, but a lone tree root just so happened to be in just the right position to make me trip

SOMETHING JUST ATE MY HOOF!’ I thought…in my defense if I’m being chased by one monster, there could very well be another monster who thought pony hoofs tasted good.

I looked down at the hoof that tripped on the root, expecting to see a lot of blood and teeth marks. Much to my amazement, my hoof was still intact, it really hurt, but it was still there. I quickly tried to get up and run again, but I quickly fell on my face. It was about the time I got up that I realized how much pain I was in, but I had to get away from the monster.

Another cry helped me forget the pain of everything…until I tried to run away, causing extreme pain in the hoof I previously thought was eaten. The cry became louder and I let out a small scream as I began to go as fast as I could without hurting my hoof, but as I began to run I quickly found my self face to face with the monster. It’s eyes looked like it was piercing my soul and I suddenly felt my tail getting heavier. I looked behind me to see my tail turning into stone. At this point there was no point in being quiet, and the pure terror made me loose control of my own voice… so I screamed as loud as I could, struggling to free my tail from the stone.

I felt my body slowing becoming stone, and no amount of struggling was going to save me. The monster continued to pierce into my soul, and even though I shut my eyes, I still felt the cold stone creeping upon me. I gave up any hope of getting out of this mess and if my eyes weren’t half stone I would have cried.

Did you know statues can dream?