• Published 23rd Oct 2016
  • 1,378 Views, 62 Comments

Even a Diamond can break - Bronycommander



Berlin 1945. Germany is close to defeat. A soldier who is glad when the war is over and lost all hope, finds a scared rich filly in a bombed building.

  • ...
4
 62
 1,378

Chapter 10 Cathedral of Resurrection

Chapter 10: Cathedral of Resurrection

The group reached Berlin. It was unbelievably. Berlin was burning and all souls were remaining here were damned. The streets crawl with Zombies.

Still as Berlin was the origin of this apocalypse, there had to be something that was the source of this unearthly scourge.

Inside a barricaded building was a radio. A woman tried to send a message.

“If you can hear this please help us get the message out. Do not attempt to come to Berlin. Hitler has raised an army of the dead. They can’t be stopped! They are apparently gathering at the Memorial Cathedral. I don’t know what this means… but it can’t be good. We don’t know how long we can hold out before we fall. All hope is lost. Lord, please save our Souls.”

“Mommy I am scared.” A boy interrupted her.

“That’s Elsa! At least she is still alive.”

“And Erwin and Dora are also safe.” Tiara was relieved.

Josef took his MP40 to clear the building.

Fear took fully over. If this was a nightmare, the rich foal just wanted to wake up. But apparently it was true.

“I-I just want to wake up from this nightmare.” She sobbed.

“Shh, look at me.” With tears she looked Boris into the eyes.

“I have survived much worse than this and I will make sure that you will survive too. You got my respect. That was some impressive fighting you did. And I am only respectful to those who deserve it.”

“Thanks, Boris.”

Tiara let put a breath of relief. They all were here for her. And all would make sure that she would survive.

Josef returned. “Rooms are cleared.”

Outside Suicide bombers screamed, “Tötet Sie!”

The group took them out with the Zombies.

Josef hadn’t fire a sniper rifle before, but it was not so different then without scope.

On the street, an Elite slammed the door open as Tiara was about to open it.

She scrawled backwards and got up, as the Survivors concentrated fire on him.

As he was dead, they got to the safe room.

The streets were littered with bodies and Zombies.

There were many Zombies but with grenades and mines, the group even mastered this.

They all could see the fear in Tiara's eyes, but she said where she found supplies and helped to took out Skeletons.

Still, there was something strange. Schwaiger died before her eyes. Still, he was alive here.

Was she somehow landed in an alternative universe? Or was this just a dream?

It couldn’t be either of it as Josef and Karl remembered her and it was far too realistic for a dream.

She was so lost in thought, that she didn’t noticed that they reached the next safe room.

In a basement was another radio. It looped, “All hope is lost. Lord, please save our Souls.”

It pained Tiara to hear Elsa in such a frightened voice. It was obvious that she wanted to safe her children.

Despite heavy resistance of Zombies, Suicide bombers, Skeletons and Snipers, they managed to reach the next safe room.

“Stay inside the building, we take care of the Zombies.”

“Ok, Daddy, I follow your orders.”

The humans had to fight waves of Zombies and Skeletons. They even brought two Snipers down and a Elite. Josef was satisfied as he managed to shoot a Zombie Sniper right into the scope.

Inside the Cathedral, a demonic voice welcomed them. “Welcome.”
It was like an echo.

“So, what now?” Karl looked around.

“Maybe that?!” the filly pointed to the middle of the Cathedral.

A spirit came out of the ground. It looked like a high-ranking General of the SS.

He summoned Zombies. “Join us!” He said is his demonic voice.

As he was transparent bullets couldn’t harm him, despite seeing blood when shot.

“Hey what about those floating Skulls?”

“Tiara, you’re a genius!” Josef shot the Skulls.

After the three Skulls were destroyed, the General became vulnerable.

Karl shot him in the head. The General screamed in pain before he became transparent again and laughed.

Diamond stayed upstairs and watched the fight. The second wave were Skeletons.

The group stayed with her. Together, they destroyed the Skulls again. They sounded like glass when they were destroyed.

After making him vulnerable and shooting at him again, the General spawned Zombies with an Elite.

The group took him out before his army was able to move out.

The General fell to the ground and disintegrated.

“No! Curse you!”

A Zombie was about to attack the filly from behind but fell death to the ground as the General was defeated.

“That was close.” She signed in relief.

Under the altar was an entrance.

“We’re waiting for you…” The demonic voice sounded.

“Ready to see what’s down here?” Boris asked. All nodded.

If this would lead them to a way out of Berlin they would take it.

Author's Note:

Whatever is the source of this, it must be down there. Let's pray they find it.